Production SENTRY 2.0: Evolution of console-sized gaming PC case

Dax911

Caliper Novice
Dec 25, 2019
You are free to use any ribbon riser that is ~50 mm long and has straight connection/is not angled. The case is made in a way it holds the riser by the PCI-E slot body and unless there's some weird stuff added to it, it should work okay. If you pick a riser that is fairly standard with the slot being in line with PCB and ribbon, the worst you may have to do is to detach the latch if it's too big, although there should be space for most of the latch types.

You should however look for reviews of specific riser to see if it is actually recommended or whether it's some off-brand no-name company that noone tried to use. We'll be revisiting this topic once we are ready to move forward with
Hello SaperPL,
Based on your description this should fit : ?
Straight 50 mm riser long from linkup.

Idle2824

Average Stuffer
Apr 26, 2018
Hello SaperPL,
Based on your description this should fit : ?
Straight 50 mm riser long from linkup.
I couldn't find any confirmation that this riser works in the Sentry 2.0, but I bought one anyway to test. I'll upload some pictures later, but I can confirm that it does fit, and my PC is now working fine in gen 4 mode.

However, I found that the install was very fiddly, and the length of the cable is very slightly too long, so you have to fold it up and then back down on itself. I was also not able to use the clamp in exactly the same way as for the riser the case came with, where the lip overhangs the top of the slot slightly and everything locks in place. This means that the screw holes that hold the clamp don't align nicely, so the screws don't thread properly, and I suspect that it would be possible to put too much pressure on the riser if those screws were tightened too much.

I'm going to try to figure out which part of the riser is obstructing the clamp and see if it can be resolved, but even if not, it is an option for pcie gen 4 if you need it.

Idle2824

Average Stuffer
Apr 26, 2018
OK, back with some images. It turned out not to be that hard to fit the new riser, although you do need to remove the retention clip as well as a small part of the pcb on one side. See image captions for details:

Edit: For clarity and/or searchability, this is the Linkup 5cm straight PCIe gen 4 riser in the Sentry 2.0

Last edited:

Dax911

Caliper Novice
Dec 25, 2019
OK, back with some images. It turned out not to be that hard to fit the new riser, although you do need to remove the retention clip as well as a small part of the pcb on one side. See image captions for details:

Edit: For clarity and/or searchability, this is the Linkup 5cm straight PCIe gen 4 riser in the Sentry 2.0
I really appreciate the time you took to post the pictures with such precise explainations, thank you so much I'm really grateful. I'll give it a try. Does the gpu stay in place? I hope my evga xc3 3080 will be happy with this new riser. Thx again 🔥