Production SENTRY 2.0: Evolution of console-sized gaming PC case

Instran0

Master of Cramming
May 31, 2017
can handle 95W TDP or higher, but not in a Sentry.

that's because you need an airgap of at least 3mm, & the Zaber Sentry only has a 1mm airgap.

just to be clear on this, its only 95W TDP or higher, with a Noctua fan being swapped.

not with its stock fan.

you have to swap a Noctua fan, to get 95W TDP.

Mosskovskaia

Trash Compacter
Mar 15, 2019
Thermalright announced a „new“ cooler the axp 90R Full which is 32mm in height. With a Noctua cooler you get the desired 46mm. I’m interested in how this cools a 3700x

AlexTSG

Master of Cramming
Jun 17, 2018
www.youtube.com
With several mentions of the Cryorig C7 variants over the last few pages, I thought some of you might be interested in this video:

TL;DR - Cryorig C7 G = C7 Cu > C7

Mosskovskaia

Trash Compacter
Mar 15, 2019
The C7G is only a Color choice. A several posts back you will see it’s about the height that the cooler doesn’t perform that great in the sentry. This is why I mentioned the Thermalright AXP 90-R Full copper dir it’s less height maybe it will perform better?

dmznsdp

Caliper Novice
Jan 5, 2020
The C7G is only a Color choice. A several posts back you will see it’s about the height that the cooler doesn’t perform that great in the sentry. This is why I mentioned the Thermalright AXP 90-R Full copper dir it’s less height maybe it will perform better?
Their page states it is designed specifically for DAN A4 if I understand correctly, that's cool and makes us the target group also. But I did not find if it has AM4 mount solution. Does it?

EDIT: it does.

Mosskovskaia

Trash Compacter
Mar 15, 2019
Their page states it is designed specifically for DAN A4 if I understand correctly, that's cool and makes us the target group also. But I did not find if it has AM4 mount solution. Does it?

EDIT: it does.
I think you mean the Alpenföhn Black Ridge not the Cryorig C7G?

alpha

Efficiency Noob
Jan 29, 2019
Hallo Dr Sentry :)
Thanks @SaperPL and @ZombiPL

Instran0

Master of Cramming
May 31, 2017
The C7G is only a Color choice. A several posts back you will see it’s about the height that the cooler doesn’t perform that great in the sentry.

not at stock settings.

C7 copper or graphene have to be used with a Noctua fan, to perform at 95W TDP.

also, mods need to be made so the airgap is 2mm more.

Mosskovskaia

Trash Compacter
Mar 15, 2019
I mean Thermalright AXP 90-R Full.

Ah ok, I was confused because I don’t see anywhere on their product page that the AXP 90-R was Designer for the DAN A4. The black ridge is designed for this case.
Anyway I’m interested in the thermals with this cooler. Seems like it checks everything from height to material choice.

dmznsdp

Caliper Novice
Jan 5, 2020
Ah ok, I was confused because I don’t see anywhere on their product page that the AXP 90-R was Designer for the DAN A4. The black ridge is designed for this case.
Anyway I’m interested in the thermals with this cooler. Seems like it checks everything from height to material choice.
It says "A4 CASE CPU Cooler" on the box.

SaperPL

Master of Cramming
DR ZĄBER
Oct 17, 2017
Installed the C7G in my rig just now. It's like I can't watch anything on youtube on stock setting cause it's whining. And it's just like 1 degree better than NH-L9a ...
Investigating further...

tja4430

Trash Compacter
Mar 14, 2020
With several mentions of the Cryorig C7 variants over the last few pages, I thought some of you might be interested in this video:

TL;DR - Cryorig C7 G = C7 Cu > C7
Basically Cryorig didn't apply the Graphene coating correctly. Thats why theres basically no difference between the C7 Cu vs. C7G.

MelbourneFL

Chassis Packer
Feb 12, 2020
Basically Cryorig didn't apply the Graphene coating correctly. Thats why theres basically no difference between the C7 Cu vs. C7G.

As a physicist I don't think that is the problem. The problem is that it doesn't matter which thermal conductivity your outer very thin layer has if everything else has the same conductivity as before. The large chunk of copper that is the base material will still determine the overall thermal conductivity. Putting a very high performing outer layer on an otherwise unchanged heatsink is like putting racing tires on a Fiat 500.

Alexander

SaperPL

Master of Cramming
DR ZĄBER
Oct 17, 2017
Fun fact - you know what Cryorig still can't do properly with C7G? You can't mount the cooler on AM4 with just included wrench/screwdriver because you need to move the standoff/distance screws and the included wrench/screwdriver can't be used for those. They are pretty tightly screwed in. You need a flat 8 mm wrench for that regardless of the fact that included wrench/screwdriver thing is 8 mm as well.

Replaced the fan with noctua one. On low RPMs the noise tone is better and is somewhat tolerable. On full load it still whines though.

Reactions: loader963

Khio

Caliper Novice
Dec 16, 2019
Damn are you saying I won't be running faster with those sports shoes I just bought ? I feel scammed :( haha

Yea about the graphene coating there won't be much difference, the base itself is still copper so the CPU > Radiator thermal transfert will be the same. Then maybe, a big maybe, somehow the thermal transfert between copper > graphene > air is a bit better than copper > air. But even that might not be a big difference.

It does indeed look a lot better though, like the noctua chromax stuff.

Fun fact - you know what Cryorig still can't do properly with C7G? You can't mount the cooler on AM4 with just included wrench/screwdriver because you need to move the standoff/distance screws and the included wrench/screwdriver can't be used for those. You need a flat 8 mm wrench for that regardless of the fact that included wrench/screwdriver thing is 8 mm as well.

Replaced the fan with noctua one. On low RPMs the noise tone is better and is somewhat tolerable. On full load it still whines though.

Oh yea I remember that ! And i had to move the legs of the heatsink and it was a mess too ! And also I had to cut the backplate because the Intel holes part was dangerously close of some component at the back of the motherboard, the Cryorig experience haha

Last edited: