Production SENTRY 2.0: Evolution of console-sized gaming PC case

Redux-Limited

Caliper Novice
Sep 1, 2019
Quick question, you added more stock, didn’t you? Because I bought one two hours ago, I thought they were going to be super gone, and thank god, I got the chance to get mine.

ZombiPL

Airflow Optimizer
Original poster
DR ZĄBER
Apr 13, 2016
Quick question, you added more stock, didn’t you? Because I bought one two hours ago, I thought they were going to be super gone, and thank god, I got the chance to get mine.

We did not add any case to stock. Like w wrote in terms of this sale, we have 150 cases: 100 deep black and 50 navy grey. Stock on Paypal works that, if it is empty and we do not add anything to it, then you can buy from it only if someone resigns from his order. We have several people who wanted to buy grey case, but they did not see that there was a radio-button checked by default with black one. Because of that, they asked us if we can cancel their order so they can switch the colour. And this is probably what happened in your case.

We thought those cases will be sold by the end of the week (3-4 days), but not in 3 or 4 minutes. By the end of 5th minute there were only like 30 cases left, and even PayPal blocked our account for a while, and somehow throttled accepting the orders. Now we have to review all of those orders to check if anyone read the terms of this sale, which everyone should accept before placing the order.

Last edited:
Reactions: Redux-Limited

alpha

Efficiency Noob
Jan 29, 2019
Got mine Navy Grey yesterday.
Did Cryorig C7G with Noctua NF-A9x14 will fit without problems?
I saw descriptions with that cooperation with Sentry and seems to be fine.

SaperPL

Master of Cramming
DR ZĄBER
Oct 17, 2017
Got mine Navy Grey yesterday.
Did Cryorig C7G with Noctua NF-A9x14 will fit without problems?
I saw descriptions with that cooperation with Sentry and seems to be fine.

We didn't test that specifically, but to be honest the fan on C7 isn't bad. It's the issue with ANY fan being close to perforation on the intake side getting loud. C7 with ~20 mm of space from the perforation or in open case is almost inaudible on its stock settings iirc.

Also since we got to the cooling talk, know that Zen2 has high temps and you can't do much about this with low profile coolers, it's how these chips operate.

SaperPL

Master of Cramming
DR ZĄBER
Oct 17, 2017
I accidentally didn’t leave any phone number at PayPal checkout, is there any way to add it in my order?

Send us an e-mail with your phone number. Address is what matters and if you didn't have phone number we can add this.

If you have incomplete or invalid address (old address because you have moved), then we can't do anything else than refund your order.
if you have selected different country for shipping on our website than the one in your shipping address on Paypal checkout, then we can't do anything else than refund your order, because you have paid different shipping fee.

That's what the thing about the terms was and that is why we have made it available before the sale started so you can make sure to read this and get the gist of what is it about.

Nomo

Trash Compacter
Jul 5, 2018
We did not add any case to stock. Like w wrote in terms of this sale, we have 150 cases: 100 deep black and 50 navy grey. Stock on Paypal works that, if it is empty and we do not add anything to it, then you can buy from it only if someone resigns from his order. We have several people who wanted to buy grey case, but they did not see that there was a radio-button checked by default with black one. Because of that, they asked us if we can cancel their order so they can switch the colour. And this is probably what happened in your case.

We thought those cases will be sold by the end of the week (3-4 days), but not in 3 or 4 minutes. By the end of 5th minute there were only like 30 cases left, and even PayPal blocked our account for a while, and somehow throttled accepting the orders. Now we have to review all of those orders to check if anyone read the terms of this sale, which everyone should accept before placing the order.
Hi, I was looking for this moment, I don't know if still available but, I can't load your web page, so you have problems? Can I still order one?
I want it very bad.

tja4430

Trash Compacter
Mar 14, 2020
Send us an e-mail with your phone number. Address is what matters and if you didn't have phone number we can add this.

If you have incomplete or invalid address (old address because you have moved), then we can't do anything else than refund your order.
if you have selected different country for shipping on our website than the one in your shipping address on Paypal checkout, then we can't do anything else than refund your order, because you have paid different shipping fee.

That's what the thing about the terms was and that is why we have made it available before the sale started so you can make sure to read this and get the gist of what is it about.

Hello! Thank you for offering the case up for sale again! I placed an order yesterday, but I also am not sure if my phone number was properly added to my PayPal order. My PayPal account has my phone number included, but I did not see it included on my PayPal receipt for the order.

My address in my order is correct, but I just wanted to make sure my phone number was included. I sent you guys an email a few minutes ago just to confirm.

SaperPL

Master of Cramming
DR ZĄBER
Oct 17, 2017
Hi, I was looking for this moment, I don't know if still available but, I can't load your web page, so you have problems? Can I still order one?

Which specific page you can't load? Cases are sold out already though.

Hello! Thank you for offering the case up for sale again! I placed an order yesterday, but I also am not sure if my phone number was properly added to my PayPal order. My PayPal account has my phone number included, but I did not see it included on my PayPal receipt for the order.

My address in my order is correct, but I just wanted to make sure my phone number was included. I sent you guys an email a few minutes ago just to confirm.

We'll make sure to add it while preparing the shipping list.

tja4430

Trash Compacter
Mar 14, 2020
I am pretty excited to get this case. A couple questions:

- Has anyone tried a build with a 10600k yet in this case? I'm curious about the thermal performance with the L9i/C7 with that chip.
- For those with Ryzen 3600/3700x builds in this case with the L9i/C7, did you have to turn off PBO to avoid thermal issues?

I'm trying to decide between the 10600k and the 3600/3700x for my build in this case. Basically this will be used as a gaming PC, with some light workstation tasks, such as photo and video editing, as well as a little FPGA development and simulation.

SaperPL

Master of Cramming
DR ZĄBER
Oct 17, 2017
- For those with Ryzen 3600/3700x builds in this case with the L9i/C7, did you have to turn off PBO to avoid thermal issues?

I have tested literally every generation of Ryzen CPUs in Sentry and the temps for Zen 2 aren't great on low profile coolers. The same thing will happen with literally any other case with ~48 mm cooler height limit when using Zen 2 CPUs.

Essentially what happens with Zen 2 is that its boost strives to achieve max clock while he has headroom from the target temperature, similarly to how this works in GPUs, but the target temperature is essentially the same thing as max temperature for Zen 2 and with low profile coolers it's really achieving this temp easily.

Also all that shenanigans with setting fixed clock to handle temps both work and are counter productive because Zen 2 has a single core that can handle its max turbo clocks and other cores are not necessarily as good for that. This means you can set a fixed clock at a lowest clock that can be stable on all of your cores and thus it'll be something around 4.0~4.1 GHz depending on the quality of your chip. But this way you are loosing the extra clock you could have from the boost on that single core. I've also worked with this configuration and it's something that is not that stable when you are running full loads for prolonged time because thermal throttling can't kick in.

What you can use to see reasonable temps is to disable turbo, but that's counter productive as well.
Those "65W TDP" CPUs are pulling 88W at stock settings, but limiting the power draw to 60W with "45W TDP ECO Mode" doesn't really do that much.

By the way - I wouldn't touch that 10600K - it's a 125W TDP CPU and people already had thermal issues with 95W CPUs on low profile coolers.

I would probably consider going for a non-K, actual 65W TDP intel CPU if I weren't planning to upgrade system soon. AM4 has that advantage over intel switching sockets and chipset completely with each generation.

Khio

Caliper Novice
Dec 16, 2019

I did run some test after I built my Sentry 2 with a Ryzen 3700X, as SaperPL said the 65W Ryzen can pull 88W by default ;

With the Noctua NH-L9A at default the CPU throttle at 95C and managed to boost at around 4,1ghz. In the BIOS you can set a custom max TDP, when I set it at 65W the CPU didn't throttle and managed to boost at 3,9ghz at 77C. So there is a bit more room here, the NH-L9A maybe can handle around 75-80W. ( you can see my post here )

Prior to the NH-L9A i had a C7 and while it did really well with the temp, the fan was really onto the case and the noise was unbearable. I wouldn't go over 65W TDP with a C7 or NH-L9 cooler, maybe with the Black Ridge you would have more room but I haven't test one.

Also while I'm here ! Little update on my Sentry 2.0 ! I thought I couldn't fit 2 HDD because of the USB 3.0 MB connector on the Aorus B450I WIFI and that I would have to use a low profile adapter... but actually it does kinda fit somehow with a little of willpower :

SaperPL

Master of Cramming
DR ZĄBER
Oct 17, 2017
On compatibility spreadsheet there are tabs with info on cooling as well. It wasn't updated for some time though and few newer coolers may not be there though. But nothing revolutionary was made for some time, so it shouldn't really matter.

dmznsdp

Caliper Novice
Jan 5, 2020
On compatibility spreadsheet there are tabs with info on cooling as well. It wasn't updated for some time though and few newer coolers may not be there though. But nothing revolutionary was made for some time, so it shouldn't really matter.
Where is that?

aga98

Caliper Novice
Jun 15, 2019
Are there plans for more 2.0 Cases to come back in stock? Or future plans for a 3.0 revision in the works?