Production SENTRY 2.0: Evolution of console-sized gaming PC case

Treshy

Average Stuffer
May 4, 2019
Congratulations on the sucessful campaign! Can't wait for my Sentry to arrive so I can ditch my current mid tower :D

I just have one question, I've read in another thread about Sentry 1.X that Radeon VII would fit if you used right angled PCIe power connectors. Is the GPU chamber on the 2.0 model any smaller than on 1.X? because if not Radeon VII should "fit" if you wanna call it that way.

Edit: found the link again: post on hardforum

Last edited:

SaperPL

Master of Cramming
DR ZĄBER
Oct 17, 2017
Congratulations on the sucessful campaign! Can't wait for my Sentry to arrive so I can ditch my current mid tower :D

I just have one question, I've read in another thread about Sentry 1.X that Radeon VII would fit if you used right angled PCIe power connectors. Is the GPU chamber on the 2.0 model any smaller than on 1.X? because if not Radeon VII should "fit" if you wanna call it that way.

Edit: found the link again: post on hardforum

The GPU chamber in 2.0 is just slightly bigger, because we have slightly shifted the middle wall towards center of the case, so few GPUs that was barely fitting or have been on the edge of fitting could fit, but we are still using the same metric for both cases to have single compatibility chart as there are not many cards that are right at that size. Only example I can think of right now is that Gigabyte 1080 Mini tightly fits in 2.0, but you won't close the GPU compartment side bracket in 1.0/1.1 with it.

So Radeon VII will fit with those ultra low profile PEG connectors, but we don't recommend putting in such a power hungry monster unless you reall know what you are doing. Don't go YOLO with high TDP components, we've seen people spending quite a lot of time figuring out what to do with 7700K, then 8700K and then 9900K, delidding, using liquid metal, swapping fans on C7 etc.

Reactions: Treshy

Brude27

Master of Cramming
Jun 21, 2018
Thanks for the response! That all makes sense to me, but I do have to say that having screws to mount an AIO that match the rest of the case screws would be a nice touch since they stand out the way they are mounted. It’s a little aesthetic thing, but would be a nice QoL thing as well. :)

SaperPL

Master of Cramming
DR ZĄBER
Oct 17, 2017
Thanks for the response! That all makes sense to me, but I do have to say that having screws to mount an AIO that match the rest of the case screws would be a nice touch since they stand out the way they are mounted. It’s a little aesthetic thing, but would be a nice QoL thing as well. :)

Well, yeah, but we have quite a lot of requirements from this screw - it has to look somewhat similar to what we have for M3, but distinctive enough so the user can differentiate from the M3's and not damage the threads on components and the case with them.

So we could go with different socket than security torx for that purpose, we can go phillips, but this will go big for the screw head size, or we could look for non-security torx. We also want this to have flat bottom while quite a lot of those screws have uneven bottom for the sake of better grip but those scratch and damage the surface and we don't want that.

Put that in context of the supplier that doesn't care what you really need and they will tell you they will do all that but you actually end up with bucket of screws that are not fitting all those requirements. That's why we're not sure yet if these are going to be included or not.

Last edited:
Reactions: Brude27

Brude27

Master of Cramming
Jun 21, 2018
That all makes total sense, and I appreciate your transparency! That’s just one of the many reasons I’m so excited to back the Sentry 2.0! :)

sffjawsh

Efficiency Noob
May 4, 2019
I see I made a little mess with this answer about extending the campaign. Maybe it wasn't clear enough, so I will try to fix it a little bit:

1. Yes, we are receiving messages with questions about possibility to extend the campaign period (because of many reasons).
2. Yes, Indiegogo allows us to extend our campaign up to 60 days from the campaign launch.
3. No, we didn't decide yet if we will use this feature (we will make our decision probably on the last day).
4. No, if we will extend the duration of the campaign, we will not add several weeks or a full month to it. Please DO NOT count on that. It will be something like 24 or 48 hours, and that's it. If someone was counting on another month, then sorry, but no. Such 48 hours or similar won't make a big difference, but several weeks will affect many aspects of our timeline and we can't agree on that.

If we will extend the campaign period, it will be for a very short period, and it should be enough for everybody, who really wants to make an order.

We will maybe add to this an InDemand option, which will not affect the main campaign at all, but if you will be fast enough, even few days after the campaign you will be able to catch on our main campaign train. But we also still didn't decide if we will use it, and even if we will use it, it will be available only until we will get funds from the main campaign.

I think we are fair with everybody, and we gave a fair amount of information to make an "on time" decision. We declared our manufacturing timeline and we need to stick to it.

Any update on whether you guys decided to add the 'InDemand' option? Missed the Indiegogo boat :( and would love to purchase the case. Either way, you guys are doing an amazing job and hope you keep up the great work :) Thanks!

skiphix

Caliper Novice
Jun 25, 2018
I'm a bit curious about how popular the navy grey was. Could you post something like a rough ratio navy to black, or navy to all?

Reactions: riba2233

Airulzat

Cable Smoosher
May 5, 2019
I'm a bit curious about how popular the navy grey was. Could you post something like a rough ratio navy to black, or navy to all?
I was previously purchased the black version buy subsequently refund the order and repurchased the navy grey after seeing it in Linus tech tips thumbnail. I have a sony dualshock 4 anniversary controller and it does fits well with the case.

ZombiPL

Airflow Optimizer
Original poster
DR ZĄBER
Apr 13, 2016
Any update on whether you guys decided to add the 'InDemand' option? Missed the Indiegogo boat :( and would love to purchase the case. Either way, you guys are doing an amazing job and hope you keep up the great work :) Thanks!

We've just finished the campaign and we wanted to take a breath before making a decision on this subject.

We'll have to figure out whether we want to go with this inDemand option as this is a completely new thing for us.
Probably tomorrow we'll know everything.

sffjawsh

Efficiency Noob
May 4, 2019
We've just finished the campaign and we wanted to take a breath before making a decision on this subject.

We'll have to figure out whether we want to go with this inDemand option as this is a completely new thing for us.
Probably tomorrow we'll know everything.

I see. No worries. Thank you for replying. Fingers crossed, you guys decide to go with the InDemand option :)

Reactions: br3nd0

ZombiPL

Airflow Optimizer
Original poster
DR ZĄBER
Apr 13, 2016
I see. No worries. Thank you for replying. Fingers crossed, you guys decide to go with the InDemand option :)

InDemand option is available on our Indiegogo campaign page. It will be live until indiegogo will process the contributions from the main part of the campaign. It means InDemand can be closed in 48h or in 2 weeks (it depends on Indiegogo payment processor ). This is the last option we can offer to those who were late for the main campaign.

Every order made during this short InDemand period will be added to the main campaign batch.

Brude27

Master of Cramming
Jun 21, 2018
@ZombiPL @SaperPL I know you guys are super busy with the campaign having just ended, and setting up the InDemand option, but I wanted to ask if you had a chance to see whether or not the Black Ridge cooler works in the Sentry 2.0 with Intel mobos? Specifically the ASRock Z-390 Phantom Gaming ITX mobo, if possible.

I'm uhh... asking for a friend... uhh... a friend who may or may not have just ordered the last Black Ridge from OcUK out of excitement. >.<

I plan to use my H60 as I've mentioned before, but if I can go air for the CPU and use a full length GPU, I'd prefer that. No matter the case, I'll need to get a GPU for my next build (currently running a Hybrid that obviously won't fit in the Sentry), so I'm weighing my options, and trying to ensure I have as many as possible. Thanks!

SaperPL

Master of Cramming
DR ZĄBER
Oct 17, 2017
I think it won't fit. I've been checking it with some mockups when Black Ridge v1 launched and it seemed as if only this one Aorus B450 board was okay with it and that potentially MSI AM4 board was really close iirc, but the promotional render was made in perspective which made the fin stack smaller than in real life when I matched it to the scale of the base plate instead of fin stack. it's really tight on Aorus board and it's not really going to go well with anything but this one.

Also I don't think it will be that amazing with just 92 mm fan that's bundled and to use 120 mm fan you need special VLP memory which seems pretty expensive, at least in Poland these are only server grade sticks that you can get.

Apart from this I really recommend caution when mounting this cooler - it's mounting is made to cut costs everywhere it can and it makes it really easy to make damage to the board.

Brude27

Master of Cramming
Jun 21, 2018
Oh wow! Thank you for the quick reply, and for the work you put into making that linked page. I didn't see it while looking back through this thread, so my bad if I indeed missed it.

I am... I mean MY FRIEND is easily within the order cancellation window, so I'll get that taken care of ASAP.

If I go air cooling with this, I'd like that fan-under-fin-stack style of cooler to get the fan away from the case cutouts, and to keep the turbulence to a minimum... That's why I'm not particularly interested in going with the C7 cu, since it's notoriously loud.

I will dive deeper into this, or just continue with my original plan and use my H60. Thanks again!

Solo

King of Cable Management
Nov 18, 2017
If you plan to air cool, the AR11+NF-A9x14 is a quality combination (just a suggestion).

sffjawsh

Efficiency Noob
May 4, 2019
InDemand option is available on our Indiegogo campaign page. It will be live until indiegogo will process the contributions from the main part of the campaign. It means InDemand can be closed in 48h or in 2 weeks (it depends on Indiegogo payment processor ). This is the last option we can offer to those who were late for the main campaign.

Every order made during this short InDemand period will be added to the main campaign batch.

Order Placed ?

Thank you so much for enabling the InDemand option. Happy to be part of the campaign and looking forward to receiving my Sentry 2.0 case :)

Runamok81

Runner of Moks
Jul 27, 2015
troywitthoeft.com
This has probably been asked, but is the Sentry 2.0 compatible with a GPU AIO cooler? For me, it's the GPU that has the highest TDP and is actually harder to keep cool than the CPU.

SaperPL

Master of Cramming
DR ZĄBER
Oct 17, 2017
This has probably been asked, but is the Sentry 2.0 compatible with a GPU AIO cooler?

That depends whether you can get an ITX sized GPU with AIO that has 120 mm radiator, you may be able to make it custom with aftermarket AIO mounting bracket for the GPU.

For me, it's the GPU that has the highest TDP and is actually harder to keep cool than the CPU.

At the same time the GPU has a lot of space to handle this TDP in comparison to CPU and it has a dedicated cooler fitting the PCB. CPU coolers in SFF don't have so much room and cannot go everywhere over the motherboard.

Rather than trying to squeeze in the AIO with GPU, I'd look for a card that has a beefy fin stack that still fits inside Sentry 2.0.