Production SENTRY 2.0: Evolution of console-sized gaming PC case

ZombiPL

Airflow Optimizer
Original poster
DR ZĄBER
Apr 13, 2016
I feel like sticking to your initial plan is the best move. If people haven't made their commitment during the campaign window, that is on them. If you change the plan, and potentially delay things for the people who already committed, then that falls on you guys.

If there are buyers who don't want to wait another 2 years for Sentry 3.0, then they should put their money where their mouth is and fund the current campaign. If the excuse is needing the funds from the start of a month... they already had a start of the month period, and it just so happens that we are at the end of one now. Not to be condescending, but that's how time works, and I don't feel like you guys should put yourselves in a bad situation when the blame can't be placed on you for letting things play out as planned from the start.
I've always believed the best way to expand a consumer base is to take care of the existing one you have.

As long as it wasn’t detrimental to those who have already ordered, I see no problem extending the timeline for preorders, but if it looks like it will be making the deadlines on your schedule start backsliding, then I’d say it needs to be re-evaluated.

I see I made a little mess with this answer about extending the campaign. Maybe it wasn't clear enough, so I will try to fix it a little bit:

1. Yes, we are receiving messages with questions about possibility to extend the campaign period (because of many reasons).
2. Yes, Indiegogo allows us to extend our campaign up to 60 days from the campaign launch.
3. No, we didn't decide yet if we will use this feature (we will make our decision probably on the last day).
4. No, if we will extend the duration of the campaign, we will not add several weeks or a full month to it. Please DO NOT count on that. It will be something like 24 or 48 hours, and that's it. If someone was counting on another month, then sorry, but no. Such 48 hours or similar won't make a big difference, but several weeks will affect many aspects of our timeline and we can't agree on that.

If we will extend the campaign period, it will be for a very short period, and it should be enough for everybody, who really wants to make an order.

We will maybe add to this an InDemand option, which will not affect the main campaign at all, but if you will be fast enough, even few days after the campaign you will be able to catch on our main campaign train. But we also still didn't decide if we will use it, and even if we will use it, it will be available only until we will get funds from the main campaign.

I think we are fair with everybody, and we gave a fair amount of information to make an "on time" decision. We declared our manufacturing timeline and we need to stick to it.

Last edited:

masteraleph

SFF Lingo Aficionado
May 28, 2017
Ugh- I keep agonizing over backing vs. not. I'm hoping to use one of the (to be released this summer) Ryzens in my next build- either whatever the new 8 core is, which should hopefully run cooler than the 2700x due to the smaller process, or maybe the 12 core model, though I'm worried about being able to cool that.

What are the actual dimensions on the stand? Same as before (104mm IIRC)? Or smaller?

Finally- has anyone done any tests on l9i/a with a shroud vs. the C7? I remember there being someone who did that test on a Dan case and found nearly identical numbers, but I don't recall anyone doing it on the Sentry.

Nomo

Trash Compacter
Jul 5, 2018
What about the possibility to extend the campaign period 24hrs more PLEASE!!! , ill get money until tomorrow , its a problem extend it please?? :c i really want a Sentry 2.0 in my life

ZombiPL

Airflow Optimizer
Original poster
DR ZĄBER
Apr 13, 2016
What about the possibility to extend the campaign period 24hrs more PLEASE!!! , ill get money until tomorrow , its a problem extend it please?? :c i really want a Sentry 2.0 in my life

You are not the only one who has similar problem. Some people decided to change the colour of their case and they are waiting until Indiegogo will make them a refund, to make another order. We have still about 20 hours left. If there will be enough similar situations, then we will make a decision about extending the campaign for a short period of time.

Reactions: LeandroB and Nomo

SaperPL

Master of Cramming
DR ZĄBER
Oct 17, 2017
I just had a chance to check this card out, and ASUS has a 13.4 cm height in their specifications for 1080/1070/1060 strix, but it's actually not true for 1060. I've measured this with calipers and it's 130.2 mm actually and it really, really tightly fits in Sentry 2.0.

This does not necessarily mean that 1080 Strix will fit, it's probably bigger, unless this measurement in the specs is invalid for all of the Strix cards.

This 1060 is also a really, really tight fit and I've had a really hard time fitting the card inside, so not recommended for the sake of 1060, really. For 1080 it might be worth it IF it's the same size, but I can't confirm it.

Reactions: Talyrius

VegetableStu

Shrink Ray Wielder
Aug 18, 2016
I was about to ask if it's the length of the PCI finger away from the PCB outline, but it's about 13.3mm and the error's about 4mm ._.
dammit GPU makers why don't all of you diagram where you begin and end your dimensions
/angery

Nomo

Trash Compacter
Jul 5, 2018
You are not the only one who has similar problem. Some people decided to change the colour of their case and they are waiting until Indiegogo will make them a refund, to make another order. We have still about 20 hours left. If there will be enough similar situations, then we will make a decision about extending the campaign for a short period of time.
Ohhh, i don't know if is a problem extends the campaign, but ill appreciate.

ZombiPL

Airflow Optimizer
Original poster
DR ZĄBER
Apr 13, 2016
Hardware Unboxed guys made a live stream build with 2 Sentry cases at the same time with installing AIO water cooling in both of them. You may want to check that out (YOLO assembly without reading the manual is always fun :D)

For some reason this new, "fancy" forum layout does not allow me to insert youtube videos, so I will just leave the link below:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZIYnN_tLeEs

Last edited:

Idle2824

Average Stuffer
Apr 26, 2018
Looks like your extension has got you an extra 40 sales so far, so it was probably a good call. I'm glad you haven't fallen too far short of the first campaign, in any case.

I think you're right about the price being the biggest hindrance of sales, but I also think there's a lot more competition in this space than there was even 2 years ago, and especially since some of them, like the Dan case, can be bought straight from retailers now. If I didn't hugely prefer the sentry form factor (I think the Dan case looks far too much like a fancy toaster), I would have chosen that instead.

Brude27

Master of Cramming
Jun 21, 2018
I’ve kept pretty up to date on this thread, but I apologize if I missed this somewhere along the many pages... The reviewers who used an AIO all had the issue of not having screws to mount the radiator... is that going to be the case for customer cases, or was that just a thing with the reviewer samples? I currently plan to migrate my H60 to my Sentry when it arrives, and want to be prepared when the time comes. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Talyrius

SaperPL

Master of Cramming
DR ZĄBER
Oct 17, 2017
I’ve kept pretty up to date on this thread, but I apologize if I missed this somewhere along the many pages... The reviewers who used an AIO all had the issue of not having screws to mount the radiator... is that going to be the case for customer cases, or was that just a thing with the reviewer samples? I currently plan to migrate my H60 to my Sentry when it arrives, and want to be prepared when the time comes. :)

Reviewers had this issue because of not following the manual properly. There is a page depicting all the screws used with photos and these photos are once again used on the pages with steps that are using them. AIO screws are included in the AIO package. The fact that reviewers are not keeping the product sets together after use is not our fault, but they should have those screws somewhere.

So if you buy a new AIO or PSU, you will have the screws in the package, if you are already using them, then they are mounted with those screws to your current case. It's just that reviewers have this unique situation with multiple products laying around them not being used after being used once and they tend to forget that these products had screws bundled and make such judgement about the screws to point out something critically in the review.

It may happen that we'll include these screws in the final kit, but we'll know this when we'll start ordering things because until this happens our supplier is responding pretty vaguely about what they can offer and we are pretty specific about what screws we need. It's just that they won't make a specific this screw for us until we show them that we're actually going to order big amounts. We're not promising anything here because of this.

If that doesn't happen, you can simply use the screws that are made for 3.5" drives and PSU mounting and getting those if you somehow lost yours is not really a problem.

Reactions: LeandroB