Production SENTRY 2.0: Evolution of console-sized gaming PC case

illumi

Minimal Tinkerer
Mar 14, 2019
From what I've seen with backers of first Sentry, a lot of people have issue with having small apartments in big expensive cities, so they have fairly standard sized desks, but they want to use big monitors like ultrawides and have reasons for not wanting to have a big tower under the desk. So it's like small apartments and desks not catching up with the screen size trends.

Other than that, it's the console-size, because putting a tower case next to the TV rack is not aesthetically appealing, and stuff like RVZ01/ML08/Node202 is significantly bigger than console/sat receiver, so the disproportion makes it not look good together.

And obviously enthusiasts and people who want something different than standard towers, something unique standing on their desk.

Oh for sure, I just though I'd respond in kind when someone questions my legitimate use case :p

SaperPL

Master of Cramming
DR ZĄBER
Oct 17, 2017
Is it possible to order non-coated?

We're not planning to add more options than the two colours because it complicates things for us in delivering campaign orders.

Also since the case is designed for specific powder coating thickness, making QA checks without the paint would really get time consuming if we don't want to end up with a case that will not fit properly after you would apply the proper powder coating thickness on your own (order it powder coated somewhere locally).

This is something we may be willing to do in the future if we had mass production tooling (stamping moulds) since at that point we'd have 100% of repeatability.

Last edited:

CARC Mini

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jun 5, 2018
I guess the main reason for this conversation is that having the AIO and full size GPU in a sentry case will look amazing and still be portable.

this could be done using a G-Unique 500W Adapter brick.

its actually smaller than a Dell 330W AC Adapter brick.

i bought several of them, but only ever used one.

Agony11111

Chassis Packer
Mar 17, 2019
i see count down on official site, will we able to place order for it at the end of count down? what is the link to buy it? thank you

Solo

King of Cable Management
Nov 18, 2017

loader963

King of Cable Management
Jan 21, 2017
Good deal. Not a big deal either way, but I personally prefer it gone as I thought it broke up the aesthetic.

Kilowog01

What's an ITX?
Mar 18, 2019
How much will Sentry 2 cost? Will it be sent directly from Poland? What does the countdown on the site means?

ZombiPL

Airflow Optimizer
Original poster
DR ZĄBER
Apr 13, 2016
Reactions: lawney and LeandroB

DaHans

Average Stuffer
May 11, 2018
I checked the new 2.0 manual and read about the vertical option. Is a Msi Vega 64 Air Boost (Blower Card) to much for vertical useage? Because there is "only" a tdp with 180w written down.

Except of that I like the Shipping from Poland. No import fees in the EU. :)

SaperPL

Master of Cramming
DR ZĄBER
Oct 17, 2017
Manual has just example configurations. There's a full list of current generation cards linked on the page under specs and in FAQ.

This card will fit without problems, as for using it in vertical orientation, generally there shouldn't be any problem with that in vertical config, but multi-fan card may perform better/be less audible. As for horizontal, we recommend to go with blower for high end cards if you absolutely must go 250W+ route because open air cooling in horizontal config will simply have less fresh air coming from the intake and blower will use side exhaust as intake.

DaHans

Average Stuffer
May 11, 2018
Ok that was absolutly my bad. I didn't see the BIG blue letters which say "Sentry GPU Compatibility Spreadsheet". Sorry for that.

Its absolutley great how much information you are providing on that page. Great work! :cool:

Looking forward to the campaign. :thumb: