Seeking advice on build

aes

Case Bender
Original poster
New User
Jan 4, 2018
Greetings gentlemen,

I'm owner of an Intel i7 4770K mounted on a Full ATX motherboard and I hardly ever used anything more than one PCI slot for my GPU, hence I wanna try and switch to a ITX build.

I'm considering two options here:
1) Sell my current setup and build a new one. I'm surely not going for this one soon because of the high RAM prices and I'm considering a second generation Ryzen for this.
2) Buy a mini ITX motherboard and new RAM for my 4770K. In this case I'm looking for advice for my purchase. I have five SSDs so I need as many SATA ports and I'm on a Ethernet connection so a board without integrated WIFI do just fine.

In your opinion, what's the best approach? Is there anything else that I should be taking into account?

Thank you in advance.

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
How about getting an Z87 based mini ITX motherboard (eg Asus Z87i-Pro or Deluxe or ASRock Z87E-ITX which all have six SATA ports ) ? You can then keep both the 4770K and the current RAM. If having smaller size is your only interest, then this could be the most economical approach.

Reactions: ChinStrap

ChinStrap

Cable-Tie Ninja
Sep 13, 2017
Agree w/ tiny. Hunt for a Mini ITX board on ebay. Decent DDR4 is just too expensive right now. I hope you have a GPU you're happy w/. Good luck even finding one of those right now.

Z87 & Z97 itx should have 4+ Sata.

aes

Case Bender
Original poster
New User
Jan 4, 2018
Thank you both for your replies,

I forgot to mention that my RAM setup consists of four by 4 GBs pieces so no Z87 ITX motherboard will allow me to use them.
I guess I should be waiting then.

Again, thank you.