Parisna

What's an ITX?
Original poster
May 18, 2018
–Hello, World

I'm new to the SFF community and would like some advice on my first build. I just purchased the S4 and couldn't be more excited! I want the best performance for blender and some minor deep learning task. I'm not a windows user so this build will most likely be Linux or macOS.

As you can see I've decided to go with a fairly high end build as I want top notch performance without going over 65W TDP. This essentially limits me to RYZEN 2700 @ 65W and INTEL 8700 @ 65W on the CPU side of things. When it comes to the GPU I would love to throw a ZOTAC 1080ti mini in the mix but have settled for the NVIDIA QUADRO P2000 @ 75W.

I'm looking for some good recommendation on CPU coolers. I'm considering the CRYORIG C7 CU however at 30dba that sounds like it might be annoying. It's rated for 115W so it should handle my CPU with ease but my current setup is a STREACOM DB4 completely silent HACKINTOSH.

That being said I've compiled a list of components I've acquired for my builds I've also ordered the LOUQE GHOST S1 MKII, so the left overs will go towards my wife's LOUQE build. I would greatly appreciate any feedback if you noticed I left anything out or any advice recommendations of hardware.

Thanks!

BUILD A
/LINUX
CHIPSET : ASUS ROG STRIX X470-I
CPU : RYZEN 2700
GPU : NVIDIA QUADRO P2000
RAM : HYPER-X PREDATOR 16GB
SSD : SAMSUNG 970 EVO 1TB
PSU : HDPLEX 400W + 300W AC-DC
CPU COOLER : ?

BUILD B
/HACKINTOSH
CHIPSET : GIGABYTE Z370N WIFI (rev.1)
CPU : INTEL i7 8700
GPU : NVIDIA QUADRO P2000
RAM : HYPER-X PREDATOR 16GB
SSD : SAMSUNG 970 EVO 1TB
PSU : HDPLEX 400W + 300W AC-DC
CPU COOLER : ?

dumplinknet

Airflow Optimizer
Jan 26, 2018
The cryorig c7 does not fit the s4m, even with the A9x14 fan. It will bulge the side panels. Ask me how I know :)and you won't you'll be able to power that entire setup with a 330W Dell adapter.