Streacom DB4 Advice

Argonaxe

Minimal Tinkerer
Original poster
New User
May 10, 2020
Hey guys,

First off, I'm a newbie to this community, this is my first post, so please excuse my newbie-ness.
I'm not sure if this is even the right category to seek advice for planning a build?

I'll cut right to the chase, I'm looking to build some SFF system that's able to handle gaming & software engineering, which for the most part shouldn't be too demanding, I'm not one to care too much about achieving 120+ FPS or anything along those lines. However, I would like to achieve 60+FPS on high-medium settings in most games, but the suggested GPU's that are compatible with the passive cooling in the DB4 don't seem to be able to achieve my desired requirement at 1080p.

Here's the specs I had in mind:

- Case: Streacom DB4
- CPU: I9 9900T
- RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengance LPX @ 2666MHz
- PSU: SilverStone NJ450-SXL
- GPU: ???

Would you guys suggest possibly thinking about an external GPU enclosure?
I know that they're quite costly & there is a considerable performance hit with this approach, but with a build such as this, I think a performance hit is inevitable to some degree or another.

Would you possibly recommend trying to run an RTX2060 mini in this case?
I know that temps would be an issue & obviously passive cooling is a no go, unless I wanna kill the GPU.

Alternatively, are there other SFF cases that can allow for something along the lines of the above, with near silence?
I am open to alternatives to the DB4, I just love the fact that you don't need a single fan for the system to function.

Argonaxe

Minimal Tinkerer
Original poster
New User
May 10, 2020
My only query that I can think of off the top of my head right now with the DA2 is whether or not it would be able to fit a larger GPU, i.e. the Asus Strix 2080? I've tried to look it up, but I've found little information unfortunatley. I mean it's not a deal breaker if it doesn't fit, I could always go for an FE card. Or even go for a 2070/2060, I haven't quite made my mind up about which GPU would be the most suitable choice for myself. ?