Geeek A50 Build - Advices or opinions about my choices

toufensen

Efficiency Noob
Original poster
Oct 11, 2018
Hello everyone,

First of all I'm sorry for my poor english.
My name is Renaud and I'm from France and I just arrived on the forum.

I pre ordered a mini ITX case : The Geeek A50.
I want some advices about my choices :
What do you think about :
Case : Geeek A50 from Geeeks
CPU : i7-8086K (I won it, thx to the sweepstakes from Intel ... so it's the only part that I won't discuss here)
Air Cooler : Noctua L9x65 (I don't want to OC the CPU, maybe I will undervolt it so I think it's a good choice before GeeekStore release the A50X upgrade kit by the end of october for AIO 240 mm, wait n see)
MB : ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming-ITX (I have read that Z390 was better for 9th gen of Intel CPU but for 8th gen too...)
RAM : Corsair Vengeance LPX 16Go (1x16Go) DDR4 3000MHz C15 XMP 2.0 Kit (CMK16GX4M1B3000C15)
SSD : Samsung 970 Evo 500 Go
PSU : Silverstone SST-SX500-LG or SilverStone SST-NJ450-SXL (I prefer the silence of the NJ450, need your advice..)
GPU : Don't know yet between GTX 1070/1080 Ti or not... I'm waiting the 2070's release to see prices go down (I hope).

I will share my build when it'll be finished or in progress but for now, if you have some thoughts about any parts that I should considered or the opposite, I'm here!

Renaud.

toufensen

Efficiency Noob
Original poster
Oct 11, 2018
Given your enthusiasm about my topic ;-), I will ask you just two questions about PSU.

I'm afraid that the SST-NJ450-SXL will not be enough with a 1080 Ti and gets too hot in such a little case. What do you think about fully passive SFX PSU ?
And what do you think about the SST-SX500-LG as an alternative?

Thx, Renaud.

toufensen

Efficiency Noob
Original poster
Oct 11, 2018
So I've ordered all the parts except the graphic card for now. I'll try to build it by the end of this weekend.
Finally I opt out for the Silverstone SST-SX500-LG.

Mahadi

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Oct 19, 2018
Im really interested to see your build!

There are 2 things I wonder that I would love your answer on.

When you install the noctua cooler, how many mm do you have exactly to the sidepanel?

What gpu are gonna buy? I would like to know if it can support a 2.5 slot card like the asus 1080ti strix.

Cheers!