Production S700: Salvo Studios <23L ATX Steel Watercooled Unibody Chassis

grsychckn

SFF Guru
Original poster
Salvo Studios
Oct 11, 2017
Sorry for the late reply. I'll give you more details this evening but they S700 has not gone on sale nor have I held any pre-orders. As for the top radiator, I'll get you a specific answer tonight as I'm not near any of my computers to get you that answer right now.

grsychckn

SFF Guru
Original poster
Salvo Studios
Oct 11, 2017
Placeholder or sales window gone already?

https://www.salvostudiosltd.com/store/p3/Salvo_Studios_S700.html

EDIT: I thought the top rad can only be 30mm thick? But in the product description it reads
  1. Supports 2 x 280mm radiators up to 55mm in thickness.*
Forgot to reply so you probably didn't receive an alert. The top radiator area can support a total of 70mm for the radiator + fans. Therefore, if you use slim (<=15mm) fans, you should be able to use a 55mm thick radiator on the top. For standard 25mm-deep fans, the radiator can be no deeper than 45mm.

As for the product page on the website: I'll update the specs soon with clear information regarding the radiator support. Also, it is a placeholder. I have yet to receive all the parts I need to sell even one unit at this point. The long pole in the tent is going to be acquiring the acrylic but I now have a supplier that is regional to me and gets my price where I need it. I also think the custom reservoirs are going to take a while to arrive as I have yet to receive anything from Hybrid-Cooling yet so if the S700 is ready to sell while I still don't have the reservoirs, I will go ahead and sell the S700 units as my confidence in their ability to ship things internationally is very weak at this point. The big shipment of parts I ordered from them will come via FedEx or UPS so I should have a much better idea about when I'll receive them once they ship.

thelaughingman

SFF Guru
Jul 14, 2018
@grsychckn thank you for the detailed write-up!

full size fans + HWL GTS 280 would be the optimal choice for the top since slim 140mm fans are just so damn weak I don't think they can work with thick radiators. BTW the width of the PSU chamber is ~65mm right? TBH as cool as the flat res is, I'd still prefer the traditional tube res + pump combo, and eyeing the space between the front rad+fan and the PSU itself

Reactions: grsychckn

grsychckn

SFF Guru
Original poster
Salvo Studios
Oct 11, 2017
@grsychckn thank you for the detailed write-up!

full size fans + HWL GTS 280 would be the optimal choice for the top since slim 140mm fans are just so damn weak I don't think they can work with thick radiators. BTW the width of the PSU chamber is ~65mm right? TBH as cool as the flat res is, I'd still prefer the traditional tube res + pump combo, and eyeing the space between the front rad+fan and the PSU itself
Yes, the width of the PSU chamber is around 65mm. There will likely be some variance between units, but you can always remove the 120mm mounting plate that sits next to the PSU to free up about 6mm more. Unfortunately, I did not include mounting holes on the bottom for a DDC so you'd have to drill them yourself or mount the pump using a 120mm fan adapter, but I'm unsure if one exists low-profile enough to avoid clearance issues.

All the parts but the main body have arrived from the fabricator so I can't check final tolerances, but I can measure whatever you need once they arrive (probably end of this coming week).

thelaughingman

SFF Guru
Jul 14, 2018
Yes, the width of the PSU chamber is around 65mm. There will likely be some variance between units, but you can always remove the 120mm mounting plate that sits next to the PSU to free up about 6mm more.
oohh never notice that plate until you mentioned it. so close to fitting the Optimus D5 top (75mm width vs 71mm) 😂 anyway I think the people who really want this option will have no problem drilling 4 holes for the DDC pump mount.

grsychckn

SFF Guru
Original poster
Salvo Studios
Oct 11, 2017
Update: The final parts have been painted and will be ready for me to pick up by the end of the week. I'm working on how exactly I will do that because the acrylic panels will also be ready for me to pick up this week. I will have to take off work twice to them up so it might be next week before I have everything in hand.

Reactions: Allhopeforhumanity

grsychckn

SFF Guru
Original poster
Salvo Studios
Oct 11, 2017
Update to say I will be picking up the acrylic panels tomorrow. As a teaser, below are some quick shots I took of the S700 between the Cooler Master NR200P and the Lian Li Lancool 205 to give some perspective to the S700 size.

PXL_20210416_011546425.jpg
PXL_20210416_011621407.jpg

Last edited:

grsychckn

SFF Guru
Original poster
Salvo Studios
Oct 11, 2017
Thanks for the update!! Any news on the reservoirs?
Unfortunately not. I've been having difficulty communicating with them lately because my contact was sick (non-COVID). Now they are under more restrictive lockdowns in France so their shipping has been slowed. I'm hoping to hear something any day now and will update you as soon as I get word.

It goes without saying that I have spent a lot of money on their products and I would be very disappointed if they don't deliver. They seem to be decent at communication but because they are a small operation like me, I understand sometimes they can get overwhelmed with requests so I'll just have to be patient.

Reactions: Allhopeforhumanity

duynguyenle

Airflow Optimizer
Aug 20, 2019
I'm not at all fussed about waiting/delays, half of the stuff I wanted to buy for the PC upgrade hasn't been restocked for months, it's not really an issue to wait a bit more for the case XD

I think in these times it's pretty understandable especially since they're a small outfit like you mentioned. Ideally I would like to order the case + reservoir in one go, but it's not a big problem to buy them separately if they get delayed.

grsychckn

SFF Guru
Original poster
Salvo Studios
Oct 11, 2017
At COB today, I will have ordered all remaining items I believe I will need to get the S700 ready for sale. Additional buttons are on their way, as are the PCIe riser cables. Shipping supplies and extra fasteners will be purchased today.

I will begin working on a temporary space at my house so I can film a build of the S700. It will probably be a Threadripper build as my monoblock for my Epyc system hasn't arrived (and I'm not confident that I'll ever receive it). I will need to purchase memory, a large hard drive (or two), and a 120mm reservoir/pump combo from EKWB. I'm frustrated that there has been no communication back and forth with Hybrid-Cooling for my reservoirs or my existing orders. I might start looking into what options I have to get my money back if they don't start working with me a little better.

grsychckn

SFF Guru
Original poster
Salvo Studios
Oct 11, 2017
Update: Hybrid-Modding did respond, but it looks like I'm just going to have to be patient as neither of us can track the packages he's sent since they have been transferred over to USPS. I strongly dislike USPS. I've gotten them to agree to ship future packages via FedEx, UPS, or DHL to avoid this problem in the future.

grsychckn

SFF Guru
Original poster
Salvo Studios
Oct 11, 2017
Update: Hybrid-Cooling had a fire in their shop last night. Some of my new reservoirs were damaged and they will be re-making them. Thankfully, no one was injured and the fire system worked so apparently no damage done to other equipment. I have no idea how long this may delay availability of the reservoirs, but I'm not going to delay the S700 any further to wait on them. Therefore, I'm setting the goal of making the S700 available for purchase on May 25th. I have nearly everything I need to sell & ship the cases, but I really want to finish a build in one before I take money from anyone. That way I can have some experience with how to assemble components inside and be able to offer advice to customers as they perform their builds.

I ordered two Epyc motherboards (ASRock Rack: mITX, mATX) that should be arriving in the next 10 days or so and I'm going to use the mATX as part of my final build in the chassis. The final specs for the test build will be:

Epyc 7742 ES CPU (64-cores, 128-threads) 1.4Ghz base w/ XSPC Raystorm NEO waterblock
8 x 8GB DDR4 3200 DIMMs
AMD Vega Frontier Edition waterblock TBD
1 x 512GB m.2 NVMe (Silicon Power)
2 x 8TB HGST SATA Drives
1 x 240 EKWB Quantum DDC Reservoir
2 x 280 EKWB Coolstream CE w/ Noctua 140mm fans
Corsair SFX PSU (600W)

Allhopeforhumanity

Master of Cramming
May 1, 2017
Update: Hybrid-Cooling had a fire in their shop last night. Some of my new reservoirs were damaged and they will be re-making them. Thankfully, no one was injured and the fire system worked so apparently no damage done to other equipment.

They really haven't had the best luck over there have they?

Epyc 7742 ES CPU (64-cores, 128-threads) 1.4Ghz base w/ XSPC Raystorm NEO waterblock
8 x 8GB DDR4 3200 DIMMs
AMD Vega Frontier Edition waterblock TBD
1 x 512GB m.2 NVMe (Silicon Power)
2 x 8TB HGST SATA Drives
1 x 240 EKWB Quantum DDC Reservoir
2 x 280 EKWB Coolstream CE w/ Noctua 140mm fans
Corsair SFX PSU (600W)

Unnnnlimmmittted Power! Anyway, excited to see the build come together.

duynguyenle

Airflow Optimizer
Aug 20, 2019
UK retailers just got a new batch of Ryzen deliveries, so I am now owner of a shiny new 5900X and motherboard, looks like this upgrade plan is finally coming together! Shame to hear about the fire at hybrid-cooling, I guess I'll go with my original plan for reservoir (Phanteks R160).

grsychckn

SFF Guru
Original poster
Salvo Studios
Oct 11, 2017
Shipped out my first two S700 chassis yesterday. One to a reviewer (LOHTEC on YouTube), and one to international customer to test packing.

I'd like to be able to take some product photography today or tomorrow but my personal life has gotten much busier lately. Regardless, I think I'm still on track to begin selling May 25.

grsychckn

SFF Guru
Original poster
Salvo Studios
Oct 11, 2017
Well, got back home to find my server was turned off. Had a leak in my loop and since I have yet to receive my monoblock, I'm going air cooled for now. Thankfully, it only damaged two sticks of RAM.

PXL_20210516_225750937_resize_55.jpg

This could put me back a few days but we'll see. I'll try to keep updating here.

grsychckn

SFF Guru
Original poster
Salvo Studios
Oct 11, 2017
I am listing the S700 for sale now. You can purchase yours here.

Please ask me questions before purchasing if you are aren't 100% positive of compatibility.

Edit: Forgot to add that since I have to wait and cut each set of side panels as they are ordered, orders will be delayed but should I expect it to take more than 7 business days I will contact those customers.