Production S700: Salvo Studios <23L ATX Steel Watercooled Unibody Chassis

htmyles

Cable Smoosher
Jan 30, 2021
It just so happens I am now looking for the smallest possible case for a 2x280mm rad itx case so I would be interested in reserving one of these cases.

Reactions: grsychckn

htmyles

Cable Smoosher
Jan 30, 2021
It just so happens I am now looking for the smallest possible case for a 2x280mm rad itx case so I would be interested in reserving one of these cases.
However, I'd need to get a good gauge on CPU cooler clearance before you hold me to that!

grsychckn

SFF Guru
Original poster
Salvo Studios
Oct 11, 2017
However, I'd need to get a good gauge on CPU cooler clearance before you hold me to that!
Initial clearance looks to be around 63mm from the IHS on the CPU to the inside of the side panel. Of course, the thickness of your motherboard PCB may make this number vary a little. A more accurate number will be given when I get the first batch in.

Reactions: Allhopeforhumanity

grsychckn

SFF Guru
Original poster
Salvo Studios
Oct 11, 2017
Quick feedback request: How many would be interested in me offering a 240mm or 120mm DDC reservoir as an upgrade option to the S700? Price would probably be around $90 for the 240mm and $75 for the 120 (subject to change) - without pump.

For comparison, the EKWB Kinetic reservoirs sell for around $150 (240mm) and $130 (120mm) without the pumps.

Retrias

Cable-Tie Ninja
Sep 28, 2018
if its fully compatible and made the process easier, I would actually get it as I dont know what other reservoir to get thats 100 % compatible. Again this is speaking as someone as who doesnt know how to build and choose small form factor custom liquid cooling parts

duynguyenle

Airflow Optimizer
Aug 20, 2019
That sounds interesting. Do you have any renders or drawings with some dimensions and in/out port locations? I was eyeing the Phanteks R160 but that's quite a decent price and if it supports your SFF business I'm all for it.

htmyles

Cable Smoosher
Jan 30, 2021
Quick feedback request: How many would be interested in me offering a 240mm or 120mm DDC reservoir as an upgrade option to the S700? Price would probably be around $90 for the 240mm and $75 for the 120 (subject to change) - without pump.

For comparison, the EKWB Kinetic reservoirs sell for around $150 (240mm) and $130 (120mm) without the pumps.
I would be interested in this option as I wouldn't be able to fit my barrow CPU Block/Pump/Res in the current case however this is currently the only promising case which offers compatability for 2x280mm rads

grsychckn

SFF Guru
Original poster
Salvo Studios
Oct 11, 2017
Sorry for the late replies - it's been a busy weekend.

if its fully compatible and made the process easier, I would actually get it as I dont know what other reservoir to get thats 100 % compatible. Again this is speaking as someone as who doesnt know how to build and choose small form factor custom liquid cooling parts
I will be fully compatible with the S700. To be fair, the EKWB Quantum Kinetic reservoir combos will be compatible as well (in 240mm and 120mm sizes). In fact, most standard 120x240 or 120x120 reservoirs should work so long as they have inlet/outlet ports along the edges - G1/4 ports coming up and out of the large front face of the reservoirs won't work. I will provide better pictures once my monoblock arrives for my Epyc build. In the meantime, I'm going to refer you to the picture below (none of the G1/4 ports facing you from the picture below are usable as the fittings wouldn't clear the acrylic panel. Instead, you have to use the ports along the edges of the reservoir.

Prototype-3_2.jpg

That sounds interesting. Do you have any renders or drawings with some dimensions and in/out port locations? I was eyeing the Phanteks R160 but that's quite a decent price and if it supports your SFF business I'm all for it.
I'm going to work with the manufacturer to come up with something that will work. I will probably model the locations from the EKWB Quantum Kinetic (inlet/outlet on the left in the picture above, fill port at top right). If you have a request for port locations, let me know.

I would be interested in this option as I wouldn't be able to fit my barrow CPU Block/Pump/Res in the current case however this is currently the only promising case which offers compatability for 2x280mm rads
Thanks!

Retrias

Cable-Tie Ninja
Sep 28, 2018
Sorry for the late replies - it's been a busy weekend.

I will be fully compatible with the S700. To be fair, the EKWB Quantum Kinetic reservoir combos will be compatible as well (in 240mm and 120mm sizes). In fact, most standard 120x240 or 120x120 reservoirs should work so long as they have inlet/outlet ports along the edges - G1/4 ports coming up and out of the large front face of the reservoirs won't work. I will provide better pictures once my monoblock arrives for my Epyc build. In the meantime, I'm going to refer you to the picture below (none of the G1/4 ports facing you from the picture below are usable as the fittings wouldn't clear the acrylic panel. Instead, you have to use the ports along the edges of the reservoir.

View attachment 978

I'm going to work with the manufacturer to come up with something that will work. I will probably model the locations from the EKWB Quantum Kinetic (inlet/outlet on the left in the picture above, fill port at top right). If you have a request for port locations, let me know.

Thanks!
I see, but yeah I should still get it if its available and I am getting the s700, its rather hard to find EK or alphacool open loop parts in my country, so any part I can secure from the get go is already one less worry off my mind

duynguyenle

Airflow Optimizer
Aug 20, 2019
Just a minor point for clarity, is this planned reservoir purely a reservoir or will it have integrated pump mount and volute (i.e. pump/res combo unit like the Phanteks R160 and EK Flat Res)? I think I would be much more interested in a combo unit rather than just a pure res since the DDC unit itself is large-ish (around 60mm width) and is kinda cumbersome if you need to accomodate a pump+pumptop separate from the reservoir

grsychckn

SFF Guru
Original poster
Salvo Studios
Oct 11, 2017
Just a minor point for clarity, is this planned reservoir purely a reservoir or will it have integrated pump mount and volute (i.e. pump/res combo unit like the Phanteks R160 and EK Flat Res)? I think I would be much more interested in a combo unit rather than just a pure res since the DDC unit itself is large-ish (around 60mm width) and is kinda cumbersome if you need to accomodate a pump+pumptop separate from the reservoir
The reservoirs I'm ordering will have DDC pump mounts built-in. They require a DDC pump to be installed. I should have some renders available in the next few days.

grsychckn

SFF Guru
Original poster
Salvo Studios
Oct 11, 2017
I know everyone has been very patient waiting for the S700. The fabricator is behind on orders and thus the expected delivery date has slipped somewhat. This is good for me though because it has allowed me to order some of the remaining parts I need from other sources. I still have not found a good acrylic supplier for this project but I hope to do so in the next few days. I hope to not have to buy a table saw just to cut large sheets into smaller ones, but if it means saving $5-10/unit it might be worth it.

PCIe cables have been ordered and packaging will be ordered this week with hopes I can get that acrylic ordered soon.

edit: Also, I wanted to add that the reservoir supplier is in France and they just regressed to a more restrictive lock-down state so I'm trying to figure out what impact that may have on the reservoirs. They contacted me a few days ago to tell me that the reservoirs were nearly complete, I'm just unsure on the shipping situation right now.