S4 Mini with Asrock A300M-STX mainboard

Winterfang

Minimal Tinkerer
Original poster
Jun 18, 2019
Hi there,

I am currently planning to build an HTPC with a 5,25 bay (fitting the Burson Playmate) and a HDPlex 200W AC-DC + HDPlex 200W DC-ATX inside. So I measured a bit and a Mini-ITX would be to big to fit all the components inside the S4 Mini.
So I am asking for someone who already tried to do this. Or some advice and thought/problems a maybe have to tackle (besides cutting and drilling holes into the case ?).
Maybe someone knows where to get the backplate fitting the Asrock A300Ms backside, but in Mini-ITX format.
I also maybe need some cable routing the USB-C of the front panel to some mounting stuff.

Thanks in advance :-)

CARC Mini

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jun 5, 2018
Hi there,

I am currently planning to build an HTPC with a 5,25 bay (fitting the Burson Playmate) and a HDPlex 200W AC-DC + HDPlex 200W DC-ATX inside. So I measured a bit and a Mini-ITX would be to big to fit all the components inside the S4 Mini.
So I am asking for someone who already tried to do this. Or some advice and thought/problems a maybe have to tackle (besides cutting and drilling holes into the case ?).
Maybe someone knows where to get the backplate fitting the Asrock A300Ms backside, but in Mini-ITX format.
I also maybe need some cable routing the USB-C of the front panel to some mounting stuff.

Thanks in advance :-)

your plan might not be necessary at all.

Josh from NFC Systems is making a SkyReach case which is smaller, specifically to fit STX-sized motherboards.

if you just wait for this smaller SkyReach case, the extra work might not be needed.

Last edited:

rfarmer

Spatial Philosopher
Jul 7, 2017
your plan might be necessary at all.

Josh from NFC Systems is making a SkyReach case which is smaller, specifically to fit STX-sized motherboards.

if you just wait for this smaller SkyReach case, this extra work might not be needed.

That is very interesting, do you know if there is any more information available for the smaller SkyReach?

Winterfang

Minimal Tinkerer
Original poster
Jun 18, 2019
That is very interesting, do you know if there is any more information available for the smaller SkyReach?
The S4T is not capable to fit the Burson Playmate! So the S4T is no option for me (it's to small hahaha).

Technically the Burson Playmate is a Audio-DAC, which is designed to fit into a 5.25'' drive bay. (Yeah it's 2019 not 2004) and has some SATA cable input aswell:

There is also a USB-Adapter cable included to connect it to the internal USB header of any mainboard.

So I want to create a computer where this DAC is already included and without an external AC-DC converter to carry around ?