S4 Mini rare breed

br3nd0

Airflow Optimizer
Sep 29, 2016
In all honesty you can buy my fan mount the only thing i did was drill the holes to mount it. Also picked the appropriate sized bolts so the card pushes it against the top fan mount and it doesn't budge.

Hey where can we find this mount piece?

DocH

G4G
Original poster
Apr 2, 2017
Nice score i'm reaching 20398 on firestrike with r7 1700x oc 4.02ghz, ram @3.52ghz and gtx 1080ti...for sure my cpu is worse than core i7 7700k on this benchmark..:)

What about cpu temperature with is-vc45? Personnally i'm still using it on so hot core i7 4770k but with 120mm fan..:)
Sorry I haven't gotten back to you. 84C Max on prime95 and most benchmarks and gaming in the 70s.

phaelax

Caliper Novice
Jul 7, 2017
I was like, wait where's the power supply? Must run on magic fairy dust! How efficient are those little dc-dc things? I didn't know they had gotten big enough to power an i7 and gpu.

Nice build though, I like it.

AleksandarK

/dev/null
May 14, 2017
I was like, wait where's the power supply? Must run on magic fairy dust! How efficient are those little dc-dc things? I didn't know they had gotten big enough to power an i7 and gpu.

Nice build though, I like it.
Those "little dc-dc thing" are super efficient at 94%. They can go up to 500W in pico style form, and they go beyond 1000W in bigger forms.

Broxin

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jun 16, 2017
Yes i am using the is-vc45 currently.

it may be fine under normal use. Heavy use or brenchmarking you may have issues
So you tested a lot of fans/coolers in the s4

What would be the best until Now?
Unfortunately,
I cant get a hold on the is-vc45 here in germany

DocH

G4G
Original poster
Apr 2, 2017
So you tested a lot of fans/coolers in the s4

What would be the best until Now?
Unfortunately,
I cant get a hold on the is-vc45 here in germany
The best currently is the lp53 thermolabs with a noctua fan. Next best is the noctua lh 9i

DocH

G4G
Original poster
Apr 2, 2017
Thanks.

you know how the
Phanteks PH-TC90LS
or
Inter-Tech 88885216 T-318 with a fan
behave?
I do not. I don't think anyone has tested those. The phanteks may be cutting it close in height with the fan on.

Last edited:

Broxin

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jun 16, 2017
uh i posted it in the cooler shootout review thinking it was discussed there. Actually i ment to post it here:

Ah dangit, the t318 cooler would make such a sweet package in the case, sadly it needs to have everything below the level of the heatspreader. Sadly the caps are higher so it wont touch the cpu :/

I guess this would have awesome performance

Reactions: Tek Everything

zovc

King of Cable Management
Jan 5, 2017
Dang, that's really unlucky. I would like to have a heatsink like that with a nice fan over it.

Reldey

Master of Cramming
Feb 14, 2017
uh i posted it in the cooler shootout review thinking it was discussed there. Actually i ment to post it here:

Ah dangit, the t318 cooler would make such a sweet package in the case, sadly it needs to have everything below the level of the heatspreader. Sadly the caps are higher so it wont touch the cpu :/

I guess this would have awesome performance

Might be janky, but aren't there thermal pad shims or something that could be used here?

br3nd0

Airflow Optimizer
Sep 29, 2016
Might be janky, but aren't there thermal pad shims or something that could be used here?

I think the issue is the capacitors, if you look at image 4 it looks like he's shown where it levels out to what looks like a few mm above the cpu. Shame though, looks like a solid part. Wonder what other ITX boards it would fit...

rokabeka

network packet manipulator
Jul 9, 2016
then i will ;)
There are a few builds I think already here with the t318 heatsink :) one is mine but for sure I was not the first one. and those are not with ryzen. either you can clamp a slim (12 or 15mm thin) fan on top of it or by using the bracket comes with the S4 mini you can attach it to the frame of the chassis itself, just above the heatsink. in that case a slim 120mm will fit nicely and silently.

MODZERO

Average Stuffer
Jul 9, 2016
www.instagram.com
I personally did not but yes all 24 are sleeved. Royalba94 here on these forums did them for me. Truely is amazing and gives it a next level look.

It sure does, what sleeve is it? looks like paracord? Do you know what gauge wire he used? Think I'm gonna have to look at the 400 HDPLEX, that new 24pin placement seems to lend itself better for the ATX cable.

J.