S4 Mini rare breed

W1NN1NG

King of Cable Management
Jan 19, 2017
It sure does, what sleeve is it? looks like paracord? Do you know what gauge wire he used? Think I'm gonna have to look at the 400 HDPLEX, that new 24pin placement seems to lend itself better for the ATX cable.

J.
It really does, @royalba94 did a fantastic job on these too. You know if you got the new 400 it'd add one more piece you could make look nice inside yours :p let the peer pressure soak in all the cool kids are doing it hahaha

Reactions: royalba94

royalba94

Airflow Optimizer
AVAENTUM SLEEVING
Apr 2, 2017
Avaentum.com
It really does, @royalba94 did a fantastic job on these too.

It sure does, what sleeve is it? looks like paracord? Do you know what gauge wire he used? Think I'm gonna have to look at the 400 HDPLEX, that new 24pin placement seems to lend itself better for the ATX cable.

Hey!

So I'll just go ahead and chip in the details: the Sleeving is Teleios and I used 16 gauge wire with an insulation OD of a little over 2.9mm :)

SkudShark

Average Stuffer
Apr 2, 2017
Curious as it has been a while, how is the 1080 holding up with the wrap around bezel? Any heat/throttle issues?

Did you use a splitter on the GPU fan controller or use the Asus board?

I found some seemingly nice 92x15mm Delta fans that are 3 pin only but spin up to move 51CFM so I thought theyd be a nice match for the Zotac to avoid the Noctua brown XD But the fan controller on the GPU is 4 pin, unsure if they will work with it.

royalba94

Airflow Optimizer
AVAENTUM SLEEVING
Apr 2, 2017
Avaentum.com
I found some seemingly nice 92x15mm Delta fans that are 3 pin only but spin up to move 51CFM so I thought theyd be a nice match for the Zotac to avoid the Noctua brown XD But the fan controller on the GPU is 4 pin, unsure if they will work with it.

Mind if I chip in on this? ;)

As far as I know, 3pin fans connected to a 4pin (PWM) header will work with the caveat of only running at full speed all the time.
This is because 4pin (PWM) fans take a constant 12v to run and only change speed via their in-built control board according to the signal they receive from the PWM signal pin.

Hopefully, that makes sense. That's how I understand it all at least :)

SkudShark

Average Stuffer
Apr 2, 2017
Mind if I chip in on this? ;)

As far as I know, 3pin fans connected to a 4pin (PWM) header will work with the caveat of only running at full speed all the time.
This is because 4pin (PWM) fans take a constant 12v to run and only change speed via their in-built control board according to the signal they receive from the PWM signal pin.

Hopefully, that makes sense. That's how I understand it all at least :)

Yea I figured they'd run full blast, if I understand right, some controllers are set up for 4 pin PWM and also can do 3 pin voltage control. I'm probably wishing way too hard that Zotac would have it do both since they anticipated 4 pins but I figured I'd ask folks who've cracked off the cooler already XD

Reactions: royalba94

DocH

G4G
Original poster
Apr 2, 2017
Curious as it has been a while, how is the 1080 holding up with the wrap around bezel? Any heat/throttle issues?

Did you use a splitter on the GPU fan controller or use the Asus board?

mine were three pin and were 80mm x 10mm fans. One fan was plug directly into the gpu while the other was plugged into the asus motherboard. No there would never be throttle issues. On furmark it hits 75C on max load after 15 minutes. If you dont want it at max speed i am sure you could pull the fan speed adaptors off a noctua fan to adjust the RPM to what you like. Most if not all noctua fans come with these.