S4 MINI Classic (S4M-C)

QinX

Master of Cramming
Mar 2, 2015
541
374
The Netherlands
And you are running what brick? It might just be the voltage difference between US and Europe. A lot of AC adapters have that tendency. Some more extreme then others.
 

hat1324

Cable-Tie Ninja
Dec 28, 2015
146
100
Voodoo 350W for the HP Firebird. Though I have also tested the XM3C3 and PA-9E from Alienware
 

hat1324

Cable-Tie Ninja
Dec 28, 2015
146
100
Ooh. Exciting! Just received my repaired 750w psu and will receive new mobo on Monday. This should narrow things down significantly
 

MJVR1

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 10, 2015
92
55
California
Finally got the last piece of my PC. USPS delayed the wire harness and i just got to installing it. i5 6600, ar05, and GTX 960,
CYHbQOF.jpg

Not the most powerful but its quiet under fulll load and does what i need. Love it!
 

Josh | NFC

Not From Concentrate
Jun 12, 2015
1,868
4,468
Biloxi, MS
www.nfc-systems.com
Guys I want to add another paint option. Something that is the same quality and durability of the custom "starting at" $150 powdercoats, but at a lower price and kept in stock so it can ship immediately. This would mean getting a bunch of chassis done all in the same color.

Any negative thoughts? Or is this an O.K. idea?
 

hat1324

Cable-Tie Ninja
Dec 28, 2015
146
100
UPDATE: Replaced GTX 970 with shiny new one and... IT WORKS!@!@! Will do more testing but its gone much farther than my previous one has.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Josh | NFC

hat1324

Cable-Tie Ninja
Dec 28, 2015
146
100
Damn. Just on a whim opened up OC Guru. Added 0.035V, +200 to core and +600 to RAM and its stable and cool. From what I see online, I might be able to go even further.

970 sure is a champ when its not dead... and an efficient one :p
 
Last edited:
  • Like
Reactions: Tek Everything

hat1324

Cable-Tie Ninja
Dec 28, 2015
146
100
Found a crazy deal on the Voodoo 350w PSU today when I went to pick up some more.
HOLY.... WHAT?!

The Zotac 970 performs beautifully with a 65w CPU. I definitely could stand behind the 970 after this--200-225 watts in heavy gaming @ 1440. Stable after almost a week of testing, benching, and gaming.

Does it fit well in your case? Because if so, its definitely the way to go in terms of price and cooling performance, vs the expensive single-fan ITX cards that we've all been getting
 
Last edited:

Josh | NFC

Not From Concentrate
Jun 12, 2015
1,868
4,468
Biloxi, MS
www.nfc-systems.com
Does it fit well in your case? Because if so, its definitely the way to go in terms of price and cooling performance, vs the expensive single-fan ITX cards that we've all been getting

The shroud is too long. You need to remove it and put a slim Scythe fan (very easy) which actually makes the card much quieter and keeps the same temps. You could turn up the fan speed to get even better performance:

S4#25

If you wanted to keep the stock fans, you would have to bend the end of the shroud in a vice or something.

I can't speak for long term performance or durability of the Zotac, just that it has been performing great this week.
 

CC Ricers

Shrink Ray Wielder
Nov 1, 2015
2,235
2,558
Is it possible to special order one of these cases with clear side window for the flat side panel, preferably with the same hole pattern cut as with the normal case? I don't know if the manufacturer facilities allow for that easily, but it would be cool to pick as option for the case, other than the color.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Josh | NFC

Josh | NFC

Not From Concentrate
Jun 12, 2015
1,868
4,468
Biloxi, MS
www.nfc-systems.com
Manufacturing doesn't allow for really anything that isn't a 100 of something...but I was actually thinking about this earlier.

It would be an option at custom rates, but if it is something you want modded, I think I have the ability to do that. The trick will be getting the flange made, but I think a custom jig can be rigged up. You would be paying for the material (cell cast acrylic) laser bed time, and the crafting time on the jig. I think I would drill the holes out last to compensate for the heat stretching, so there is some time there too.

Something else that could be done is I could build a window into the current side panel. I would basically cut out the vented part of the panel, and rivet in an acrylic window with the same vents. This would take away 1/16" of interior space. (not pictured)

1h3NykI.jpg

XV0ZKoJ.jpg


My lights aren't working in this render scene...but there it is anyways.