Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015

Reactions: Josh | NFC

TheWhiteWolves

Caliper Novice
Jul 28, 2016
I agree with MarcParis, you gotta make this one profitable for you Josh, I'm probably not the only one willing to pay abit more for it.

CXH4

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Apr 18, 2016
I believe that would be a great idea as well, but I think Josh is either trying to make a product that is sold for what it costs to create it, or for a value cost, so it doesn't divert interest. I apologize if I am wrong; also I think it would be best to set up some sort of contribution method in order to support Josh's runs of S4s or any future chassis ideas he may have. I personally do not own an S4 mini, but I hope to in the future; from looking at all the builds done from it, I'm sure that there are individuals more than satisfied enough to fund Josh. I don't want to get too personal, but I for one would support him if I had a stable income, but I am only a college student and recently unemployed, but I did save enough for an S4. So I could understand paying a higher premium for it due to the quality of the S4, but it is ultimately Josh's decision and I'm sure he'll decide what he feels is best for both himself and his customers and supporters.

BirdofPrey

Standards Guru
Sep 3, 2015
Doing stuff for the material cost alone is a common, and unfortunate trap.
Even if it's immaterial, time should be factored in as a material cost since you could use that time for other purposes whether leisure or making money elsewhere.
always pay yourself when you are selling a product.

Reactions: Phuncz and CXH4

Kmpkt

Innovation through Miniaturization
KMPKT
Feb 1, 2016
Out of curiosity how many units are you producing and do you have any ideas about what colours you'll be releasing this time around?

Josh | NFC

Not From Concentrate
Original poster
NFC Systems
Jun 12, 2015
www.nfc-systems.com
Is it possible to get the aluminum "band" in regular aluminum? not anodized.

Thanks for the question!

Specifically, do you mean you would prefer brushed and anodized SILVER? Or do you mean raw aluminum? If you just want plain old aluminum then 5 mins in some greased lightning and 5 mins with a scotchbright pad will take care of the dye and anodizing.

If you would prefer silver to black, that could be done, but not just one. I'd want a good scope of how many people would want that, as it would be a HUGE commitment.

Peace!

CC Ricers

Shrink Ray Wielder
Bronze Supporter
Nov 1, 2015
I would love to get a clear anodized finish option for the case. If this is what the "silver" option is like I'd be up for one when I get my next job. Maybe you should poll users for interested in a silver option. I don't know what the MOQ would be, just something that you'd be comfortable with.

Pat-Roner

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 18, 2016
Thanks for the question!

Specifically, do you mean you would prefer brushed and anodized SILVER? Or do you mean raw aluminum? If you just want plain old aluminum then 5 mins in some greased lightning and 5 mins with a scotchbright pad will take care of the dye and anodizing.

If you would prefer silver to black, that could be done, but not just one. I'd want a good scope of how many people would want that, as it would be a HUGE commitment.

Peace!

I would prefer the either brushed like my ncase m1 or perhaps bead blasted like the mac mini (if thats more feasible for you)
But preferably brushed.

All in all, I really want one in pearl white and raw aluminum band.

MrNintend0

Trash Compacter
Jul 15, 2016
All in all, I really want one in pearl white and raw aluminum band.
... THIS, except I'd prefer mine with an anodized silver finish... Either way, I just want an S4 with a color combo I can work with and not make a mockery of it; that one shade of blue / black is gorgeous as well.

Also, like MarcParis said and if you can, please try to make this run profitable for you; even if it's just a way that we can "tip" you in appreciation for all the amazing work you do. Some sort of contribution thing, like Patreon (I think Patreon is only for digitally created content though) or something similar? Anyone have any ideas that Josh could look into if he wants?

Josh | NFC

Not From Concentrate
Original poster
NFC Systems
Jun 12, 2015
www.nfc-systems.com
The only problem with a clear anodize is that it would look awful with the new base panels. I'm not sure how to reconcile that atm but I am thinking about it...

Josh | NFC

Not From Concentrate
Original poster
NFC Systems
Jun 12, 2015
www.nfc-systems.com
My small batch of powdercoated chassis is in my office, FINALLY.

Those of you who have paid for your chassis will be getting them soon, with pre-orders for the rest coming in the next couple weeks.

To answer this question before it gets asked--the people who paid for the chassis were just unlucky and ordered at the tail end of me running out of stock. Don't worry, you did not miss a pre-order option or a chance to get bumped to the front of the line.

I am doing this IN ORDER to be as fair as possible. I love you guys. :D