S4 MINI Classic (S4M-C)

Choidebu

"Banned"
Aug 16, 2017
lol! I didn't know I could just dremel through it!? Which dremel tool and bit did you use?
I'm not sure exactly how thick but I think it's just 2mm aluminium, so doable on standard dremel with enough patience and 5+ fiber cutting bit (okay maybe 10+)

More concern is to properly do it to avoid cosmetic damage, it's the outer shell after all..

ryandvd

Caliper Novice
Sep 9, 2017
Ah i see! I think I was the post you saw on a forum... see that post here. lol! I didn't know I could just dremel through it!? Which dremel tool and bit did you use? Did you order a custom skyslot vent cover from Josh? I may just do that if I can get a dremel tool.

Yes that's the one..asked josh thru pm if it is possible to make a cut in that portion using this cut off wheels, used only 3 pieces, a flat file for edge and round file for corners.. He also told me to mask it off with tape and neatly mark the cutting area and stay a bit under it..Use files to clean it up and get the edges straight. Yes bought the skylots from josh, too bad there is no stock of stainless torqx in 6-32 countersunk..

hyperborea

Trash Compacter
Jan 13, 2016
Quick question for anyone with the S4 MINI and a Noctua L9i/L9a...

Is there enough room for a 120x15 fan to be mounted above the cooler with the included fan bracket?

This would be purely for aesthetic purposes to somewhat hide the brown Noctua fan on the cooler. If it would actually negatively impact cooling I would scrap the idea.

How come everyone hates the Noctua color scheme? I'm quite fond of the signature tan/brown fan. You recognize instantly it's a top quality product, like a Louis Vuitton bag or interior of a Ferrari.

But I guess I'm the type of person that prefers raw, natural looking materials and colors over bright lights and shiny paint jobs.

hyperborea

Trash Compacter
Jan 13, 2016
It clashes a bit with black components, especially if you're going for a monochrome look, but I don't think everything has to match to be aesthetically pleasing.

kulbida

Average Stuffer
Jan 8, 2018
It's not that the Coffee/Cream color scheme is inherently bad, but it clashes with literally every build color scheme out there.

MSI has their B350 ITX launching soon that has a brown PCB. I maybe getting that instead of ASUS.

mgilang

Caliper Novice
Oct 15, 2017
Received my vents and extra panel..Thank you josh

what you used for stand?

Reactions: Biowarejak

rosc

Case Bender
Dec 15, 2017
https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/132420171715

Not sure condition and only 1 picture is for sure odd but seller is 100% but only 10 feedback.

ebay's user protection is pretty good, but the whole listing strikes me as iffy. A single vaseline over the lens pic is not the best way to pitch a $300+ item, and it doesn't seem likely that all 9 questions are irrelevant to buyers. Plus I don't know why you'd bother to powdercoat silver/gray.

Reactions: br3nd0

kittysox

Cable-Tie Ninja
Aug 8, 2017
Yeah, I probably shouldn’t have even linked to it as I feel something about it just isn’t right. I don’t know who would try to sell such a high end case with one blurry photo and such lax description