S4 MINI Classic (S4M-C)

SkudShark

Average Stuffer
Apr 2, 2017
Some Zotac GTX 1080 Ti Mini measurements and alternate fan configurations (thanks to @Aibohphobia for the ruler idea).

The critical ones for S4 Mini owners, from the PCIE bracket:
200mm to backplate
201mm to PCB
206mm to heatsink
207mm to fan
211mm to shroud

Hey I forget, anyone know who it was that mounted the dual Noctuas on their 1080 Mini? I can't find the post and want to go the same route.

Reldey

Master of Cramming
Feb 14, 2017
didn't know i became so famous around these parts. And they were not noctua fans. I doubt noctua makes a slim 80mm fan?
Nope, but maybe you could cram two 97 mm fans or whatever the ones that come with the NHL9i?

SkudShark

Average Stuffer
Apr 2, 2017
yeah those are the NHL9i fans, make sure you contact Noctua to ask if you can buy the ACTUAL official NHL9i official fans, the default ones that are identical but dont come with the cooler I believe have a different (and more limited) RPM range?
Huh so the $16 ones on Amazon are no good?

royalba94

Airflow Optimizer
AVAENTUM SLEEVING
Apr 2, 2017
Avaentum.com
Huh so the $16 ones on Amazon are no good?
I wouldn't say 'no good', but there does appear to be differences in the specs as @CubanLegend mentioned.

Evidence:

Personally, I think the difference is pretty minimal and not worth the trouble. Kinda seems to me that maybe they just changed the range to make the db levels look better on paper and figured most people wouldn't miss the extra 300 rpm on the high end and 200 rpm on the low end.

Craxas

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Oct 10, 2016
Since im feeling shy and I still dont dare to make a build log, heres my (bezelless D: ) s4 mini:

Featuring @royalba94 's beautiful sleeved cables and the new hdplex 400w. Super silent :p
As you can see its only "Stone" for now. Once I get the bezel itll be in its final form :D

Last edited:

Al Hoff

Average Stuffer
Feb 25, 2017
Late night post here in bed on my phone sorry for any grammar or lack of functionality from my brain.

Been gaming and doing benchmarks on my 1080ti mini, it boosts itself up to like 1877MHz and then some without me doing anything really. 5k MHz and some change for the memory. I'm not sure if that was with me bumping the slider up to 120% in zotacs software. In heaven valley benchmark it was get a little toast at 82 but holding steady at the OC I started with. Fans were runnin I think 80-100% at that point and wow were they loud. Thought I was in my server room. There was coil whine from the GPU at 100% utilization and it was worse when I cranked the power scale up to 120. That was during synthetic benchmarks.

Gaming it fairs better, I've only played city skylines, and Arma 3, and ghost recon wildlands on it so far-- but it kicks butt on ultra. Didn't notice any coil whine but, my attention was elsewhere. after a few hours of ghost recon it was staying around 75ish C. Closed in my Corsair 250D and my basement is roughly 70F. The CPU 6700k with its OC also was sitting at 75C on the L9i.

Gury's PSU that I ended up snaked through the front of my case so I could keep the system close and in it's hot box state didn't even break a sweat after a 6 hour long gaming session. So I am extremely happy with that.

I would get you guys some pictures.. but my gaming dojo is a mess right now and I want to rearrange and redecorate a few things lol

Also the case is pretty well ventilated. But the GPU exhaust into the case reallllly heats it up.

Anywho, excited to stick it in my s4 mini. Quite the powerful build it will be. The s4 is the single most beautiful case I have ever seen and I just wanted it and I honestly can't tell you why I am so drawn to it. I've been waiting for this s4 mini since right after Josh's first batch when I learned about it. I missed the second because I wasn't sure how I was going to do it-- it was just a fantasy. Once I saw R3 July up, which I missed... I told myself I would follow it like a hawk and plan it out and SFF really came through in terms of helping me figure out ideas, power options, and everyone's Experiences with the case also helped paint pictures. I haven't been this excited for anything since my mother got me a wooden treasure chest full of beef jerky for my birthday when i was a kid. That is the definition of treasure. So is the s4 mini.

Goodnight lol

Al Hoff

Average Stuffer
Feb 25, 2017
just heads up manage to get a shipping info for my s4 mini is this for real? I thought it would be until september. crazy!! Josh you are the best!

So much tease. I'm delighted. I opted for the blackpowdercoat special so I imagine mine will be set back at least 1-2 weeks.

Broxin

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jun 16, 2017
Hey Josh,

I had to flip the DC jack on its head to fit with a 1070 msi card.

I had to mod the case a little.

Do you consider doing this small change to your future S4 batches ?

As most of us use the dell brick, it would add flexibillity if your buyers want to flip the jack and not have to cut the case as i had to do.

CubanLegend

Steely-Eyed NVFlash Man
Dec 23, 2016
smallformfactor.net
Hey Josh,

I had to flip the DC jack on its head to fit with a 1070 msi card.

I had to mod the case a little.

Do you consider doing this small change to your future S4 batches ?

As most of us use the dell brick, it would add flexibillity if your buyers want to flip the jack and not have to cut the case as i had to do.

you shouldnt have to cut the case, you should just be able to mount the DC jack in the flipped orientation, right? I think thats how josh sent me my S4 mini, with my 1080 mini installed, with PCIe power cables hooked up and the the DC jack from my modded HDPLEX cables, installed and flipped... unless im wrong?

Broxin

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jun 16, 2017
you shouldnt have to cut the case, you should just be able to mount the DC jack in the flipped orientation, right? I think thats how josh sent me my S4 mini, with my 1080 mini installed, with PCIe power cables hooked up and the the DC jack from my modded HDPLEX cables, installed and flipped... unless im wrong?
Nah, didnt work, you can see it in my 1070 gpus comparsions thread
https://smallformfactor.net/forum/t...view-of-mini-gtx-1070-cards-nfc-s4-case.2586/