S4 MINI Classic (S4M-C)

Biowarejak

Maker of Awesome | User 1615
Platinum Supporter
Mar 6, 2017
Going to be using a 400w HDPLEX in my S4 Mini with a build very similar to the one Josh used in his 1080 in an S4 mini build.

Who can I pay to get custom sleeved power cables for my build? Ideally someone who is familiar with that layout and can cut proper lengths and keep the final cable thin enough fit nicely in the build.
Paging @royalba94 ?

Reactions: DocH and royalba94

CubanLegend

Steely-Eyed NVFlash Man
Dec 23, 2016
smallformfactor.net
Going to be using a 400w HDPLEX in my S4 Mini with a build very similar to the one Josh used in his 1080 in an S4 mini build.

Who can I pay to get custom sleeved power cables for my build? Ideally someone who is familiar with that layout and can cut proper lengths and keep the final cable thin enough fit nicely in the build.
You could ask Josh via email to cut your cables (i sent him my HDPLEX-300 and he cut them perfectly for a cost), I think he can also sleeve them? I dont remember exactly. But I also know someone else on this forum is known to be able to sleeve cables? Not sure who it is though. Sorry!

royalba94

Airflow Optimizer
AVAENTUM SLEEVING
Apr 2, 2017
Avaentum.com

I could help you out with that, I just sent out 2 more S4 Mini sets today actually :)

I'll send you a PM as well and we can work out details there if your interested.

Biowarejak

Platinum Supporter
Mar 6, 2017
ikr :)

I'm gonna have to figure out how to do an overlay on a pic of the case or something so I can see how it'd look irl.
Think I figured out how to work with the file :) I'd like to import the S4 Mini model into Blender to do some wrap rendering, so I'll be sure to let you know if I get a workflow for that going :)

Biowarejak

Platinum Supporter
Mar 6, 2017
Got it in and scaled properly, now comes time to optimize the mesh and unwrap it. Let's see what I remember :)

-EDIT-

Damn Sketchup makes ugly meshes!

royalba94

Airflow Optimizer
AVAENTUM SLEEVING
Apr 2, 2017
Avaentum.com
I got a quick and dirty version 0.00001 mockup done in Photoshop:

The idea of my setup is to try and just use the artwork in the laid out original version but then mask/warp it into shape in a mockup as well.

I've seen it done in several Print/Design .PSD files before but it's my first time trying to create one myself.

VegetableStu

Shrink Ray Wielder
Aug 18, 2016

I call this the SFF Kimono

EDIT: actually if anyone's looking to make a contiguous piece panel-top-panel a smart layer would help

EDIT: alignment
EDITx2: I think it might be 40 pixels off? are the holes supposed to align to each other?

Last edited: