S4 MINI Classic (S4M-C)

Zero

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jan 27, 2017
Update on my configuration... I overclocked the 1080ti and played about an hour of VR... the HDPlex 400 held it's own, but the 330w Dell Adapter shut down due to overheating/overcurrent. I can tell it was the 330w adapter because it's green light fades out after it shuts itself down, plus it was really hot. It's fine after booting back up.

The solution here is either don't overclock your 1080ti if you're using just a 330w adapter, or use two adapters!

I was using 240w Dell adapters in parallel before, but the HDPlex guy recommended I use one of these Mini Boy "Y-PWR" adapters to properly balance the load across both adapters: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005TWE5U0/

I have a Y-PWR on the way and I'll report back on how it goes.

jeshikat

Jessica. Wayward SFF.n Founder
Silver Supporter
Feb 22, 2015
As long as it's a 19V brick and not a 12V brick then yes. The HDPLEX only takes 16-24V.

Al Hoff

Average Stuffer
Feb 25, 2017
I just went with a full GUnique (GUrY!) solution to power my build. Less headache. More room in the case. Enough power to grill steaks on my new s4 mini grill.

Came out to the same price as an hdplex, custom length cables, 1 power brick. And I don't have to worry about 2 bricks and that load balancer. Or not having enough juice on the single brick trying to run an1080ti.

m_power20

Trash Compacter
May 16, 2017
I'm having issues with these. There won't be an email I don't think, I don't know how to handle that. If I had a star marked to your name or said otherwise then yes, but this situation is a mess right now.

Great question! In theory you should be able to order them now separate from your MINI, but I am having a really hard time figuring out if you are ordering for a pre-order MINI or an already shipped MINI. 75% + of my R3 customers placed multiple orders. Most of those placed a separate order for every item. So I have been trying to figure out what goes where, combine items, and refund shipping and it has been alot of work and customers like you have really suffered for it. I am really sorry and I apologize.

I have like a week left of sorting it out, but if you order an accessory and want it shipped ASAP the best way is to email me.

That being said, I need to make more bezels, and I have improved them again so I am waiting on the new materials...so it would be a little while still before they ship.

Peace and thank you for your patience.
@Josh | NFC

You might inform your customers that they can take their chassis to a powdercoat shop in their city and have them paint their S4 Mini whatever color they desire. I believe that is what ModZero Juice had done. I can't speak to price, but if these people are trusted to powder coat custom car rims, then it's good enough for my S4 Mini!

Josh | NFC

Not From Concentrate
Original poster
NFC Systems
Jun 12, 2015
www.nfc-systems.com
@Josh | NFC

You might inform your customers that they can take their chassis to a powdercoat shop in their city and have them paint their S4 Mini whatever color they desire. I believe that is what ModZero Juice had done. I can't speak to price, but if these people are trusted to powder coat custom car rims, then it's good enough for my S4 Mini!

Of course! I try to raise that point. The panels are good to go too, no expensive stripping required--just a cleaning.

Peace

Zero

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jan 27, 2017
I just went with a full GUnique (GUrY!) solution to power my build. Less headache. More room in the case. Enough power to grill steaks on my new s4 mini grill.

Came out to the same price as an hdplex, custom length cables, 1 power brick. And I don't have to worry about 2 bricks and that load balancer. Or not having enough juice on the single brick trying to run an1080ti.

Does that pico-PSU actually handle 400w without overheating or crazy coil whine though? Seems a little too good to be true.

Edit: Reading more on it, it seems like because his modded power bricks put out 12v, the PSU just smooths it and passes it along instead of stepping down the voltage like the HDPlex does, so between that and the high density tantalum capacitors, it makes more sense that he can handle 500w in a package that small. I'd still feel better if anyone can give a testimonial that the modded bricks and PSU both don't whine at high load though. Also, what input plug did you go with, is there one that can screw on to the S4 without modding?

Last edited:
Reactions: royalba94

Josh | NFC

Not From Concentrate
Original poster
NFC Systems
Jun 12, 2015
www.nfc-systems.com
S4 MINI wraps nearly complete. Soon you will be able to download a .PSD file and design your own wrap, submit it, and have it shipped to your door. I'll have some designs up too you can just buy which should be cheaper than a custom print.

These are made with 3M Controltac which is designed for this type of application and therefore waaaaaaaayyyy easier to apply than some other products we have been experimenting with. Although it does take some finesse and precision I feel comfortable enough with selling it. If you can do a phone wrap you can do a MINI!

A major shoutout to Trevor from Buddha Brothers for helping me get the dxf perfect and for coming up with some crazy designs to show off the print quality which is outstanding!

If you would like a S4 MINI shipped out to you now, you can purchase one of these wrapped MINIs here.

DocH

G4G
Apr 2, 2017
S4 MINI wraps nearly complete. Soon you will be able to download a .PSD file and design your own wrap, submit it, and have it shipped to your door. I'll have some designs up too you can just buy which should be cheaper than a custom print.

These are made with 3M Controltac which is designed for this type of application and therefore waaaaaaaayyyy easier to apply than some other products we have been experimenting with. Although it does take some finesse and precision I feel comfortable enough with selling it. If you can do a phone wrap you can do a MINI!

A major shoutout to Trevor from Buddha Brothers for helping me get the dxf perfect and for coming up with some crazy designs to show off the print quality which is outstanding!

If you would like a S4 MINI shipped out to you now, you can purchase one of these wrapped MINIs here.
that octopus one is on point!! Can't wait to design a greek mythology one for my S4 mini. When will the option go up for purchase separately and are these two designs going to be offered as well?

Last edited:

xcrco

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Apr 16, 2017
Sorry, I have a question. it might have been answered but will the 7mm frosted cover handle the 1070/1080 without cutting the shroud? vs the 5mm from Josh's video?