Ryzen 5x5 FS-FP5V 1807B build 1.98L

BryceK

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Original poster
Dec 25, 2017
Hi All,

It has been sometime for me, but i'm back on the forum and with a sweet nice build.

When Sapphire announced their V1000 Ryzen motherboard, there was a lot of people wanting to make builds with it, and I was one of them :) I contacted Paul Smith from Sapphire and order myself a 1807B which costed me in total about €636 aka $725 because customs and taxes came later via invoice...

After waiting sometime I had time again to do stuff so I ordered the following components:

2x 8GB G.Skill DDR4-3200 SO-DIMMs
1x Intel Dual Band WLAN-AC 8265 M.2 WIFI/Bluetooth card
1x Samsung 960 EVO PCI-E M.2
1x HDplex 80w AC-DC

Now at this point I couldn't find any case which would easly fit all the components, since I wanted to make it brickless and use my HDplex 80w.

After some searching I found the following case:

Akasa Cypher ST

According to the sizes it should fit everything but would require some modifications. When it came in I started right away and 6 hours later I was done.

Here is the following process:

1. The front cover, as you can see the right hole for the microphone is not round but oval.
This needed some modification, so I drilled this out to fit. Unfortunately I'm not the best in measuring I have noticed :)

2. The cover has clips on the bottom of the cover (between the silver foil), these needed to be cut off else the motherboard couldn't fit inside the case and have the front I/O be in the correct place.

3. Now I don't own a Dremel and I noticed this was a issue. As you can see the hole for the HDplexs C14 plug is a bit larger than needed, but I drilled this out and sanded it to a "sqaure" like shape. To fasten the C14 I noticed that Thumbscrews work well.

4. Placing the HDplex, I had enough room to place it but how to fasten it was a different story, as you can see below I had to drill some holes, but like I said i'm not the best in measuring :)

5. Completely assambled and modified it look something like this. And fits well under the TV, as you can see in comparison with my STB.

To get this all working I needed a good keyboard / mouse combination, for this I choose the Logitech K830.

I didn't do much performance tests or anything, but a lot of games run really smooth on it. Also the fan from the CPU can get a bit load, but to get it quited I adjusted the voltage setting to 99% in Windows so it doesn't turbo making super quited.

Now to end this post. In my adventure to search for a case, I contacted Bleujour in France, which is making cases for the Ryzen 5x5. Upon contact they didn't have any cases yet since they are still in the making, but I will be contacted when they are ready.

They did let me know something good for all the EU people on the forum that don't want to pay €636 for a board. Bluejour also sells the boards at the following prices:

FS-FP5V 1605B
USD 380.80
EUR 332.10

FS-FP5V 1807B
USD 496.60
EUR 433.07

Making it about €203 cheaper than I payed, but they buy in large bulk so happy savings :)

Urgannagru

Trash Compacter
Sep 28, 2017
Looks like a great little project, been eyeing these boards up for a while for a passive build.
I'm a little weary of performance though, so would be greatful for any ball park figures you have for gaming. Also I'm aware you can't overclock the apu but I believe you can play with the memory speed a bit, just wondering what you have it set at?

BryceK

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Original poster
Dec 25, 2017
Looks like a great little project, been eyeing these boards up for a while for a passive build.
I'm a little weary of performance though, so would be greatful for any ball park figures you have for gaming. Also I'm aware you can't overclock the apu but I believe you can play with the memory speed a bit, just wondering what you have it set at?

I havn't done much gaming on it. But is works pretty much the same the Ryzen 2400G (which I have in a different build).
You can play with mem speeds, but since I don't have much experience with it and since Sapphire doesn't recommend it, so I didn't do it yet.

But overall its fine for couch gaming. World of Warcraft, Fortnite etc. All runs pretty smooth.