2019 S4 Mini (Skyreach) with Ryzen 2

Xyit

Chassis Packer
Original poster
Jul 24, 2016
.This has been a long time in the making and I've finally settled down with the right part list that should fit my needs. I went with Ryzen because the new Ryzen boards will be backwards compatible with the upcoming Ryzen 3 7nm coming out later this year and hopefully they have a powerful low TDP version coming out then as well. Also planning to upgrade to the radeonvii if they also release a mid range efficient one :)

CPU- AMD Ryzen 5 2600

CPU COOLER- Noctua NH L9i/a ( I have read online that if you offer noctua proof of purchase that they provide the neccesary mounting equipment to mount to the new amd ryzen 2.)

MOBO- Asus ROG STRIX X470-I AM4 ITX (Still questionable on this, I understand the the motherboard layout is important, will post pictures in a different thread for some support, hopefully

GPU- Gigabye 1080 itx (from the aorus prebuilt)

PSU- HDPLEX 400W AC-DC Hi Fi and DELL LA330PM160 OEM Brick.

Lemme know if you guys see any inconsistencies with the parts I listed, would mean a lot. My main concern is that of the motherboard being incompatible, but it seems fine to me. IMGUR LINK---> The RAM, SSD haven't been chosen yet but I know they are all compatitble with the S4M Skyreach (other than the overly tall RAM heatsinks.

Last edited:
Reactions: MAB941009