RTX 3060Ti Aero alternative? Meet the DIY PALIT StormX 3060Ti ITX Edition

Moncavo

Average Stuffer
Mar 11, 2020

SFFMunkee

King of Cable Management
Jul 7, 2021
Mine just arrived yesterday, hoping to get some time in the coming week or so to fit it, and do my RCC-MIT1 build

Runamok81

Runner of Moks
Jul 27, 2015
troywitthoeft.com
Congrats @Moncavo and @SFFMunkee!
It sure has been fun going this route!

My DIY ITX A4000 build log = https://smallformfactor.net/forum/t...ming-pc-build-5800x3d-custom-a4000-gpu.17572/

Last edited:

Moncavo

Average Stuffer
Mar 11, 2020
Congratulations to these fuckers.
They refunded my purchase because ''out of stock'' when they had.

REVOCCASES

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
REVOCCASES
Silver Supporter
Apr 2, 2020
www.revoccases.com
I'll spend more time with Afterburner. I'm not sure if I should expect power limit or voltage to unlock?

hey @Runamok81 - awesome build you put together with the modded A4000!

In your log you mentioned a "special Afterburner Version" - now I'm curious if you somehow succeeded to unlock the voltage slider in the meantime...?

I'm currently on Afterburner V4.6.4 with my A2000 and everything works fine, except for the voltage slider.

Runamok81

Runner of Moks
Jul 27, 2015
troywitthoeft.com
Congratulations to these fuckers.
They refunded my purchase because ''out of stock'' when they had.
Hey, I've got a spare.
hey @Runamok81 - awesome build you put together with the modded A4000!

In your log you mentioned a "special Afterburner Version" - now I'm curious if you somehow succeeded to unlock the voltage slider in the meantime...?

I'm currently on Afterburner V4.6.4 with my A2000 and everything works fine, except for the voltage slider.

No, voltage was never unlocked. But, overclocking GPU and RAM yes.

I haven't tried other versions of afterburner, but I presume that OC doesn't work on those?

Reactions: REVOCCASES

REVOCCASES

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
REVOCCASES
Silver Supporter
Apr 2, 2020
www.revoccases.com
No, voltage was never unlocked. But, overclocking GPU and RAM yes.

I haven't tried other versions of afterburner, but I presume that OC doesn't work on those?

Over- and underclocking works fine for me (Afterburner V4.6.4, A2000, Driver 511.79). Also setting custom fan curve and power limits. Only the core voltage slider is grayed out.

Screenshot-2022-05-17-174516.jpg

Reactions: Runamok81

robbee

King of Cable Management
n3rdware
Bronze Supporter
Sep 24, 2016
Over- and underclocking works fine for me (Afterburner V4.6.4, A2000, Driver 511.79). Also setting custom fan curve and power limits. Only the core voltage slider is grayed out.

How about when you press CTRL+F is Afterburner, do you get the interface to set a custom voltage curve?

REVOCCASES

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
REVOCCASES
Silver Supporter
Apr 2, 2020
www.revoccases.com
How about when you press CTRL+F is Afterburner, do you get the interface to set a custom voltage curve?

yes, that works fine. I can set a custom frequency / voltage curve to force the card running e.g. at 700mV up to a certain clock speed (around 1500 Mhz) - but I can't actually under- or overvolt like a "normal" RTX card.

Last edited:
Reactions: Runamok81

oasis1991

Average Stuffer
Dec 20, 2021
@REVOCCASES could i ask your a favour?
next time when you tear down the gpu

coudl you measure the thermal pads thickness?

i tried to google it but i only found teardown image

my heatsink arrived with some missing thermal pads

SFFMunkee

King of Cable Management
Jul 7, 2021
thank you

i just need roughly estimate

but if you have caliper im happy with that too
Sorry for the delay getting this for you; but I hope this helps!

All of the thermal pads on my (Palit-branded) 3060 heatsink are 2.0mm, except for the long strip for VRMs or whatever it is, which is 1.0mm. ::EDIT:: Measurements were made with random el-cheapo digital calipers.

Please refer to the image below for reference. Ignore the wet looking cold plate, I’d just cleaned it with an alcohol wipe.

oasis1991

Average Stuffer
Dec 20, 2021
Sorry for the delay getting this for you; but I hope this helps!

All of the thermal pads on my (Palit-branded) 3060 heatsink are 2.0mm, except for the long strip for VRMs or whatever it is, which is 1.0mm. ::EDIT:: Measurements were made with random el-cheapo digital calipers.

Please refer to the image below for reference. Ignore the wet looking cold plate, I’d just cleaned it with an alcohol wipe.

my a4000 might need another extra pad to cool these five inductors

but im not sure if placing thermal pad on the fin stack would help disapate any heat or not

thank you so much

Reactions: SFFMunkee