Concept Rough SSFF(special small form factor) concept build

SomeRandomDeafDude

Trash Compacter
Original poster
Dec 4, 2019
Hello SFF.Network, I'm a bit of a lurking member here, but as an SFF lover, I have always dreamt of a pretty unique SFF build, and in which I combine the GPU and PSU on the same side, but plot twist: it's Low Profile only. Motherboard gets its own side, and PSU/GPU have to share the same space. Ever since I heard about the A2000 and it's potential for gaming performance on a power budget(albeit mid-range-ish...), I've been constantly prodded with such a build. My tired self presents with you, the LowDenseProfile, or LDP(I'm sure I could find a better name for this case... but it's likely to be a 1 of 1 if I ever make it. I could make it available for file exports if I ever learn how to 3D print or something of similar caliber :D)

Anyways, I plan on making this a mid-range build with say, a non-OC'able i5 or a R5 in mind, a mid-range ITX board, LP CPU cooler, and of course, the honorable mentions of the concept, the famous RTX A2000 Mini and the new HDPlex Gan 250W PSU.

As for getting PCIe to the GPU, I plan on using a riser(ofc), but that's where I hit a bit of a block. The GPU's fan, should I mount it normally behind the board in its chamber, would be suffocating. Do I flip the GPU around and use a 180-90/180-180 degree riser, or swap the build orientation so the GPU/PSU get the main side and motherboard gets its own side, and likely use a similar PCIe riser?

For power cables, I wonder if HDPlex's GAN accepts specially ordered cables, because I want to minimize cable mess and keep it straight to the point, little to no slack. As the build is aimed around LP components, the PCIe is to be PCIe-powered, strictly(however... you can go further in your iterations if you want...)

Why am I making this... "special small form factor"? I have been thinking of a way to go within the sub ~3.9L barrier of my Velka 3, and to have a bit of an efficiency build going. In my sight, it's more of a hybrid of a J-Hack with a picoPSU and a Velka 3/Densium case, except the PSU is a bit more structurally sound.

Then again, this is probably just me rambling on about a idea that may or may not become a reality, at nearly 3am. Let me know your thoughts on this crudely made concept.