Discussion Right Angle 24Pin Connect Opposite Way?

acer

Chassis Packer
Original poster
Feb 28, 2020
I need to find a 24 pin right angle connector but need it the opposite way to the conventional 24 pin right angles you find. I've tried looking but unsure where or what to search in order to find what I'm looking for and thought someone on here might be able to help me out.

I need one of these but instead of going away from the board it needs to go inwards towards the board if that makes sense? Basically my sff PC motherboard 24pin sits right at the bottom of the case so a standard way just isn't possible, I need to go into the motherboard so on my board it faces up towards the CPU cooler. Does anyone have any links or search terms I could use to find this? I'm sure someone must be selling these?

Huge thanks!

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
This is odd. Going towards into the mobo most often would lead to clashing with the memory slots.
Which motherboard and chassis do you have?

acer

Chassis Packer
Original poster
Feb 28, 2020

This is the board I'm using, if you could imagine the IO facing to the right in that photo that's what I'm working with. I've bought a extension cable for now and I'll try just compress it down as much as possible and run it at the small gap at the bottom of the RAM slots.

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
This is the board I'm using, if you could imagine the IO facing to the right in that photo that's what I'm working with. I've bought a extension cable for now and I'll try just compress it down as much as possible and run it at the small gap at the bottom of the RAM slots.
Now I see what you meant. I could not find any 24-pin adapter going in the other direction.
Maybe an extension cable is the best option?
I suppose the best extension cable would be one what is composed of silver plated wires for the extra wire flexibility and smaller diameter.
So many examples in Taobao. Eg

Reactions: acer

acer

Chassis Packer
Original poster
Feb 28, 2020
Now I see what you meant. I could not find any 24-pin adapter going in the other direction.
Maybe an extension cable is the best option?
I suppose the best extension cable would be one what is composed of silver plated wires for the extra wire flexibility and smaller diameter.
So many examples in Taobao. Eg

That's awesome I didn't know about silver cables being slimmer and more flexible, thanks for the tip I'll probably swap it out! I bought a generic mustard and ketchup extender 24 pin cable that wasn't wrapped and its surprisingly flexible and should do the job for now!

Thanks for the help!