Completed REVOCCASES RCC-TIPIO1 | 1.9L Thin ITX PIO Console Case

REVOCCASES

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
REVOCCASES
Silver Supporter
Apr 2, 2020
www.revoccases.com

TIPIO1 is a just-for-fun concept for Thin ITX PIO boards and low profile single slot GPUs

Specs:
  • Volume: ca. 1.9L
  • Motherboard: Thin Mini ITX PIO 17x17, e.g. JUBO H310C-G
  • GPU: Low Profile Single Slot, up to GTX1650
  • PSU: small 19V GAN Adapter
  • CPU cooler: ultra low profile <=22mm

Last edited:

REVOCCASES

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
REVOCCASES
Silver Supporter
Apr 2, 2020
www.revoccases.com
Part sourcing

Thin Mini ITX PIO boards are usually used in AIO PCs and are a bit difficult to find. For my build I am going to use the H310C-D4-IG from JUBO/VIEWNOTE

I already owned a few JUBO boards before and the overall build quality is great. Here are some pictures:

I/O from left to right:
  • 19VDC input (10mm 4PIN, top: +, bottom: GND)
  • HDMI input
  • HDMI output
  • USB 3.0 Type A/C
  • RJ45
  • USB 3.0 Type A
  • Mic In
  • Line Out

the board does also have a 12V 6PIN output to power a GPU up to 150W (depending on the PSU you are using)
note that on my board the writing for GND and +12V was mixed up... however, the pinout matches with a normal 6PIN cable...
those two small switches near the yellow USB connectors are there to choose between SATA and NVME mode for the M.2 Slot

JUBO also sells a version of this board with internal 12VDC power input. on my board this connector is missing but it might also work.

speaking of power: here is the 19V 240W GaN adapter I ordered...
the seller can customize the cable/connector upon request and I think the quality is fine for EUR 50,- (but let's wait and see how long it will last)

normal power cord for size comparison:

finding a powerful low profile single slot graphics card was already hard enough before the "GPU crisis" and I am very regretful that I sold my ASL GTX 1650 last year... you still can find it but prices have more than doubled, so I chose a no-name GTX1050Ti for this build:

I was a bit concerned if it was fake because there are also some sellers who offer modded GTX750 as GTX1050(Ti) cards but it seems this one is legit.

Only problem with this card is the fan which seems not to be temperature controlled and therefore is really noisy even on idle - so this needs some modding

Speaking of coolers and noise, I found this 19mm tall gem which is a perfect fit for Thin ITX motherboards with LGA115X cooler mounting pattern:

I have tested many sub 22mm coolers and this is my favorite so far - it's pretty quiet and cooling performance is excellent for this size.

to be continued.......

Last edited:

REVOCCASES

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
REVOCCASES
Silver Supporter
Apr 2, 2020
www.revoccases.com
the first try didn't work out as I measured some dimensions wrong...

after a few changes and corrections I made a new case and now all fits together (well, the I/O cutouts are still not aligned 100% but close enough IMO):

next steps: powder coating the case and modding the GPU cooler/fan (that thing is really noisy)

Reactions: eedev and Vlad502

Goatee

King of Cable Management
Jun 22, 2018
the first try didn't work out as I measured some dimensions wrong...

after a few changes and corrections I made a new case and now all fits together (well, the I/O cutouts are still not aligned 100% but close enough IMO):

next steps: powder coating the case and modding the GPU cooler/fan (that thing is really noisy)
Is a single slot 1650 the beefiest GPU that fits in it?

The annodising you did on the B560 looks awesome, dont fancy annodising it again?

Whats the estimated cost :D

Last edited:

REVOCCASES

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
REVOCCASES
Silver Supporter
Apr 2, 2020
www.revoccases.com
Is a single slot 1650 the beefiest GPU that fits in it?

Currently yes. Unfortunately I sold my ASL GTX1650 last year - this is only a no-name 1050Ti

The annodising you did on the B560 looks awesome, dont fancy annodising it agoing?

the anodizing guys already hate me enough - they don't like small quantities with high quality requirements 😄 I think my "space-gray-metallic" powder coating should also look nice on an industrial style case like this

Whats the estimated cost :D

I made three samples - if you like I can send you one for free (plus shipping)

Last edited:
Reactions: Arboreal

Vlad502

Airflow Optimizer
Nov 4, 2017
Very nice slim case, but i preffer i/o shield cutout instead for specific model motherboard. Or you will offer bundle case and motherboard.
I`m interested how well perform cpu cooler. Also found some advice about cnps2x cooler mounting in vertical case:

About GPU cooling maybe if there is custom one like Colorful 750ti lp cooler with heatpipes, but slim enough to fit in case

REVOCCASES

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
REVOCCASES
Silver Supporter
Apr 2, 2020
www.revoccases.com
Very nice slim case, but i preffer i/o shield cutout instead for specific model motherboard. Or you will offer bundle case and motherboard.
I`m interested how well perform cpu cooler. Also found some advice about cnps2x cooler mounting in vertical case:

About GPU cooling maybe if there is custom one like Colorful 750ti lp cooler with heatpipes, but slim enough to fit in case

Well, there are only 3 motherboards I know of that would fit in this case and all share the same I/O - so no need for a normal I/O shield cutout.

Still need to do some (stress-) testing with the CPU cooler but looks very good so far. Only 35C in idle with my 6600K and pretty quiet.

yeah, that would be a good cooler for the GPU - similar to the ASL 1650 I had - too bad I sold it XD

REVOCCASES

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
REVOCCASES
Silver Supporter
Apr 2, 2020
www.revoccases.com
Testing the CPU cooler and modding the GPU

The CPU cooler I got performs really well considering its small size. Here some thermal tests I did with my 6600K at ambient 26C:

Idle/no-load temperature:

Stress test temperature:

Now as I said, the GPU came with a very noisy cooler, so I decided to do a little modding.

But first the thermals with the stock cooler:

taking the cooler off reveals the problem:

I ordered a few heatsinks but they did still not arrive. impatient as I am I modded a JONSBO CPU cooler:

perfect fit:

I had to shave off 1 or 2mm from the PCIe slot:

apart from that, no bigger trouble

now here are the thermals with the modded cooler and one 4010 3000RPM fan on top:

I think that looks promising and I could probably get away with a low RPM 5010 blower fan - maybe something like this:

if that doesn't work, I still can play around with the other heatsinks I have ordered... 😅

Reactions: def and eedev

REVOCCASES

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
REVOCCASES
Silver Supporter
Apr 2, 2020
www.revoccases.com
today I finished the case and put my build together...

for now I reverted back to the original heatsink on the GPU but I am using a modded DELTA fan and temperature control module to keep the noise level low. The fan does only kick in if the GPU is hotter than 45C and will slowly ramp up from min. to max. RPM between 50C to 80C. I might still do a custom heatsink but currently it works fine like that.

G-Unique made me a nice 300W GaN adapter which is even smaller than the one I got from TaoBao, plus I can charge my phone with it and don't need to bring another charger.

last but not least, here is my TIPIO1 build:

this was only a personal just-for fun project and I hope you enjoyed it ... if someone is interested to do a PIO build like this: I have two cases left - free of charge for the community

Diamorif

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jun 9, 2020
This is a cool concept, I've been playing around with ways to mod my K17 to fit a LP 1650. Parts fit and all, but needs ventilation holes cut into the bottom portion of the case for the GPU to not die. Love the idea of a ultra-thin console with a real GPU

Reactions: REVOCCASES

beavermml

What's an ITX?
New User
Jul 28, 2021
love your build.. where can i get the same case like your.. i read your post in SFF reddit and really want to have something like this..

REVOCCASES

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
REVOCCASES
Silver Supporter
Apr 2, 2020
www.revoccases.com
where can i get the same case like your.. i read your post in SFF reddit and really want to have something like this..

the sample cases I made have already found new homes and I don't think there is enough interest to make another few ... ?

Awesome project ! NVIDIA also has a new single slot low profile PRO GPU, the Quadro T1000, which is based on the GTX1650. That would make for a very nice and slim CAD build.

thank you :)

indeed! I also saw the T1000 while browsing for suitable GPUs - unfortunately it's pretty expensive here - almost 3x of what I paid for the GTX1050Ti XD

GuilleAcoustic

Chief Procrastination Officer
SFFn Staff
LOSIAS
Jun 29, 2015
guilleacoustic.wordpress.com
indeed! I also saw the T1000 while browsing for suitable GPUs - unfortunately it's pretty expensive here - almost 3x of what I paid for the GTX1050Ti XD
That's a 400€ GPU Indeed. Don't tell my wife that I'm considering dropping a Tesla in my L5 case lol. CUDA nom nom in a small package (3x the CUDA core compared to a 1650) ... Prolly gonna get the P4 as the T4 is still too expensive second hand.