Prototype REVOCCASES RCC-BIG560 | custom BTO case | maximum flexibility for high end hardware in <20L

Goatee

King of Cable Management
Jun 22, 2018
The 147mm are measured from the edge of the PCBA which plugs in the PCIe slot to the side panel.

The GPU PCBA? In which case my measurement includes the PCIE connector height itself, so will give a mm or so more clearance. Then you should be good.

Reactions: REVOCCASES

morj

Airflow Optimizer
Bronze Supporter
Feb 11, 2020
so yes, the B560 can also support mATX motherboards. Second rad (e.g. on the side) will not work with mATX, even if the PSU is moved to the front.

Still looks very reasonable for deshrouding the GPU and using 120mm fans on the bottom. Have you designed additional 120mm fan/rad holes there?

REVOCCASES

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
REVOCCASES
Silver Supporter
Apr 2, 2020
www.revoccases.com
Still looks very reasonable for deshrouding the GPU and using 120mm fans on the bottom. Have you designed additional 120mm fan/rad holes there?

I didn't make additional 120mm holes. If going for mATX I would just use a 3 or 4 slot GPU. I read those are already running pretty cool and quiet out of the box.

But I'm thinking to make mounting holes for 140 / 280mm fans/rads on the side panels as standard.

could somehow make a quad 280rad build with one rad mounted external to the motherboard side panel. XD

UrbanFox

Trash Compacter
Apr 21, 2021
it looks great, but I would suggest a few fixes that will make the case look more aesthetically pleasing

This will allow you to attach the board to the profile, add rigidity to the entire structure and get rid of holes on the right panel

UrbanFox

Trash Compacter
Apr 21, 2021
If the case is facing the user with the left panel, then the power button will be at the back, for example, to the wall. The power button can be placed in the front center - there is enough space

UrbanFox

Trash Compacter
Apr 21, 2021
1. I would still add a 2 mm thick top bracket to be able to fit not only 140 mm fans, but also 120 mm fans and 240 radiators.
2. The addition of a bracket will allow you to conveniently assemble the cooling system on hard surfaces and install a custom acrylic panel
3. to get rid of extra screws on the top cover

radiator=30 mm, fan=25 mm, total 55-56 mm, in the drawing above-60 mm. the bracket will fit and this one will not add volume to the case

Last edited:

REVOCCASES

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
REVOCCASES
Silver Supporter
Apr 2, 2020
www.revoccases.com
it looks great, but I would suggest a few fixes that will make the case look more aesthetically pleasing

This will allow you to attach the board to the profile, add rigidity to the entire structure and get rid of holes on the right panel

I like that idea. But I have to check if / how it works.

would still add a 2 mm thick top bracket to be able to fit not only 140 mm fans, but also 120 mm fans and 240

This will just add complexity and cost to the case which is unnecessary from my POV. The case is already getting more expensive than I planned and I definitely want the case to be on the more affordable side. I agree that these kind of brackets have advantages but if I can add your first proposal these advantages getting less.

The power button can be placed in the front center - there is enough space

Yes it could, but it will decrease compatibility. Also, many people prefer a clean, solid front panel. Look at the T1 for example which has the button on the back. Placing it on the side should be a good compromise at least for compatibility and ease of use.

REVOCCASES

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
REVOCCASES
Silver Supporter
Apr 2, 2020
www.revoccases.com
This braket is 11 USD on Aliexpress, including shipping from China to Moscow, Russia.

If you should order a case, I can make you some holes on the side panel to fix that bracket. But no guarantee if/how that works out.

If you are living in Russia shipping of the case will be another issue. Last time I checked I got a quote about EUR >100,- for sending a package with comparable size / weight to Russia.

REVOCCASES

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
REVOCCASES
Silver Supporter
Apr 2, 2020
www.revoccases.com
at least in CAD, it seems I can implement one of UrbanFox's ideas and remove the holes from the right side panel... so you would have better access to both sides during the build process... but, I'll have to make some actual samples to see how good it works...

also some parts for my sample build came in:

nothing fancy but should do to run some tests and show you the build process ;)

REVOCCASES

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
REVOCCASES
Silver Supporter
Apr 2, 2020
www.revoccases.com
Today I made a first proof-of-concept sample to see if everything works out:

if you know how to put an IKEA shelf together you should be good to build with this case - the process is pretty similar... XD

UrbanFox's idea seems to work out quite nicely. Thank you for that!

now please don't mind this strange setup, I just wanted to see how everything fits and show you what you could put in the case...

tripple 280 rad should work somehow but like I said before it will be a PITA unless you go for an AIO plus custom loop on the GPU but even then it won't be easy. At least you'll need some custom length screws plus spacers to offset the rad a few mm from the side panel.

ATX power supply for scale

I still need to tweak a few details but if you guys think that's looking good so far, I'll make a (very) small batch for everyone interested.

Last edited:

UrbanFox

Trash Compacter
Apr 21, 2021
Today I made a first proof-of-concept sample to see if everything works out:

the process to put the case together is similar like assembling an IKEA shelf - so if you know how to put an IKEA shelf together you should be good to build in this case. XD

UrbanFox's idea seems to work out quite nicely. Thank you for that!

now please don't mind this strange setup, I just wanted to see how everything fits and show you what you could put in the case...

tripple 280 rad should work somehow but like I said before it will be a PITA unless you go for an AIO plus custom loop on the GPU but even then it won't be easy. At least you'll need some custom length screws plus spacers to offset the rad a few mm from the side panel.

ATX power supply for scale

I still need to tweak a few details but if you guys think that's looking good so far, I'll make a (very) small batch for everyone interested.
That's cool