Power Supply Review / Teardown | 700W Modular FLEX Power Supply from TaoBao 7760B (MF-700F)

atmosFearz_sff

Cable Smoosher
Jul 7, 2022
agreed, that's not normal. My MF-700F starts immediately when I press the power button on my PC.
Does anyone knows what can be a problem? Interestingly enough, I did test power supply without PC. When I shorted pins it was booting immediately. Maybe it’s motherboard problem, but motherboard worked fine with sf750.

atmosFearz_sff

Cable Smoosher
Jul 7, 2022
Pictures of my 7760b. Stock cables are bad, because cpu, sata and motherboard are all on the same connector. Starting voltage for fan is 5.5V, it’s fine for Noctua. Capacitors are a bit different, not ChengX, but Jianghai. Built quality is worse than original 7760b, but this unit hasn’t coil whine at all.

Last edited:

scatterforce

Master of Cramming
May 21, 2018
@atmosFearz_sff I have the original and figured they moved to that model to supply the GPU with 2 dedicated cables, vs the daisy chain on mine.

In theory, with GPU's drawing more power, isn't the new model better to support upcoming GPU power requirements?

Overtek

Airflow Optimizer
OVERTEK
Gold Supporter
May 22, 2017
www.overtek.co.uk
I bought the MF700 on AliExpress. But a version like this has arrived, is the quality lower?Photo
Without being brutal, if you can return it for refund, do. Forget about the modular bit, unless its strapped on to a real ENP-7660B or FX600 (enhance/silverstone, same thing).

I recognise the the layout for that PSU and it corresponds to one that at best will do maybe 550W continous, peak 600W max load on 12v rail 39A continous peak 45A, efficiency around 82% MTBF 20-30k hrs depending on ambient temp.

I was going to pull one in as a sample to see if it had any merit, but when push comes to shove the mfg has gone silent after being asked to provide a full test report to back up a certificate for a particular compliance (in my experiance, its because one doesn't usually exisit). Worth noting that they approached me initially and have since gone deadly silent.

Have a scroll down aliexpress against a similar search and you may spot a similar layout psu with white 4 pin connector instead of blue ;-)

Ohh and to the poster earlier with the slightly more cloned enp-7660b design. yes it maybe a bit much having all that on a 20pin connector, probably be fine, for reference though Seasonic ssp-300sug (300W) uses just 1 connector, but its 26pin for all connections rather than 20pin, but I'd be happy to adjust that loom to add a PCI-E connector into the mix.

Nichronos

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 22, 2018
I bought the MF700 on AliExpress. But a version like this has arrived, is the quality lower?Photo
I've seen this one before, its fake AF and cant even sustain 500W which is far from the advertised 700W
From what aliexpress store did you bought it?

Last edited:

Sim567

Chassis Packer
Sep 8, 2017
I imagined,it is a real scam since in the images of the ad it is the real one. in fact I had already returned it, I got another one from another seller but he has already sent me some photos that is the same (fake) so surely I will have to return it
shop 1 (photo) shop 2

Nichronos

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 22, 2018
Pictures of my 7760b. Stock cables are bad, because cpu, sata and motherboard are all on the same connector. Starting voltage for fan is 5.5V, it’s fine for Noctua. Capacitors are a bit different, not ChengX, but Jianghai. Built quality is worse than original 7760b, but this unit hasn’t coil whine at all.

From which store did you bought this? Can you provide a link? I think the one you've got is only 600W.

Sim567

Chassis Packer
Sep 8, 2017
Without being brutal, if you can return it for refund, do. Forget about the modular bit, unless its strapped on to a real ENP-7660B or FX600 (enhance/silverstone, same thing).

I recognise the the layout for that PSU and it corresponds to one that at best will do maybe 550W continous, peak 600W max load on 12v rail 39A continous peak 45A, efficiency around 82% MTBF 20-30k hrs depending on ambient temp.

I was going to pull one in as a sample to see if it had any merit, but when push comes to shove the mfg has gone silent after being asked to provide a full test report to back up a certificate for a particular compliance (in my experiance, its because one doesn't usually exisit). Worth noting that they approached me initially and have since gone deadly silent.

Have a scroll down aliexpress against a similar search and you may spot a similar layout psu with white 4 pin connector instead of blue ;-)

Ohh and to the poster earlier with the slightly more cloned enp-7660b design. yes it maybe a bit much having all that on a 20pin connector, probably be fine, for reference though Seasonic ssp-300sug (300W) uses just 1 connector, but its 26pin for all connections rather than 20pin, but I'd be happy to adjust that loom to add a PCI-E connector into the mix.
In fact, it has already been made, but on two sellers they will arrive the same, where can I find the real mf700?

atmosFearz_sff

Cable Smoosher
Jul 7, 2022
From which store did you bought this? Can you provide a link? I think the one you've got is only 600W.
It’s stated 700w, with 58A on 12V, but I don’t think there’s a lot of difference. I searched all over AliExpress and bought it for taobao price but sellers shop closed after few days. I’ve paid around 140$ with delivery.

Overtek

Airflow Optimizer
OVERTEK
Gold Supporter
May 22, 2017
www.overtek.co.uk
In fact, it has already been made, but on two sellers they will arrive the same, where can I find the real mf700?
Glad you got that sorted. I wouldn't have a clue with direction on mf700. I don't really see mf700 as real its essentially an attempt at a clone of Enhance ENP-7660B with lower grade components.

We just offer genuine Platinum Efficient Enhance ENP-7660B PSU's with custom fan and custom looms if desired.

These look like this with all Japanese capacitors. Primary and secondary Caps tend to be Rubycon , the second approved source if any supply/availability issues, is Nippon Chemicon which can be seen as the primary in Brown and from a different production run, Rubycon black. There's a little Black Noctua Fan swap pictured in the mix.
20220805_110916.jpg 20220805_111032.jpg 20220805_111049.jpg 20220805_111112.jpg 20220805_111307.jpg 20220805_111713.jpg

Attachments

• 20220805_111049.jpg
    20220805_111049.jpg
    848.5 KB · Views: 11

REVOCCASES

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
REVOCCASES
Silver Supporter
Apr 2, 2020
www.revoccases.com
I have bought MF700F on Taobao, it has same modular connector layout as yours. But you can see from outside that mine has more solid capacitor .

As far as one can see through the vent slots, the internals look totally different from the one I originally reviewed 🤔 now the big question is if they improved something or made it worse...

JournaL

Caliper Novice
May 4, 2017
I am interested in purchasing this to see if it can run a RTX 3090, and possibly a 4090 with ATX cable mod. Doubtful though.