REVOCCASES RCC-MID2 | a minimalistic SciFi inspired vertical case

Specs:
  • Case Dimensions: (ca.) 390 x 180 x 140mm
  • Material: powder coated aluminum
  • Motherboard: mini-ITX
  • Power Supply: SFX(-L)
  • CPU Cooler: 120mm AIO, 53mm pump / CPU-block clearance
  • Graphics Card: up to 3 slots / 60mm thick, up to 155mm high
  • Graphics Card length: 305mm long with standard 120mm AIO, 315mm with 120mm slim AIO fan, 345mm with CPU air cooler
  • Storage: only M.2
  • Front USB: optional extension cable

Assembly instructions:

1. Plug in all cables in your SFX PSU and install it in the case
  2. Get your Motherboard ready and install it together with the AIO as shown in below picture
  3. Don't forget to connect the power button
  4. If you are not as lazy as me, now is also a good time to do some cable management

5. there are different ways how to install the riser / graphics card. this is how I like to do it:​

fix the two standoffs to the riser as shown below

plug your GPU in the riser

attach the GPU bracket

because each GPU I/O shield is a bit different, check if your card stands completely upright and adjust the riser if necessary via the slotted holes on the GPU bracket

plug the riser cable into the PCIe slot of your motherboard

fix the GPU bracket to the chassis with three M3 screws. you can also already plug in the HDMI / DP dongle at this point.

last but not least: plug in the PCIe power connector

Note: you don't need to repeat all these steps if you need to take out your graphics card for some reason. You can leave the GPU bracket and riser attached and just pull it out.

Last edited:
Reactions: Intrepid_Cosmonaut

robbee

King of Cable Management
n3rdware
Bronze Supporter
Sep 24, 2016
Nice, well executed vertical cases deserve more love! Although I'm not a huge fan of the ventilation cutout pattern. The discrepancy between the AIO pattern and other cutouts is a bit weird and the top 4 slots seem a bit randomly placed. You should take a look at the (discontinued) DSE Breathe, it used a similar approach but the vent pattern is more consistent.

Very interested to follow this project, hope you continue developing it!

Reactions: REVOCCASES

REVOCCASES

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
REVOCCASES
Silver Supporter
Apr 2, 2020
www.revoccases.com
Nice, well executed vertical cases deserve more love! Although I'm not a huge fan of the ventilation cutout pattern. The discrepancy between the AIO pattern and other cutouts is a bit weird and the top 4 slots seem a bit randomly placed. You should take a look at the (discontinued) DSE Breathe, it used a similar approach but the vent pattern is more consistent.

Very interested to follow this project, hope you continue developing it!

Agreed. Fancy vent pattern design is not my thing. ?

Maybe @_ONE_ could help me out... ?

Alloy Craft

Cable-Tie Ninja
Modultra
Oct 25, 2019
Need to see an internal layout view. Also the gap between the top and sides looks excessively large.

REVOCCASES

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
REVOCCASES
Silver Supporter
Apr 2, 2020
www.revoccases.com
nothing fancy but... new vent pattern for discussion. as you might have noticed, I prefer fewer bigger cutouts over many tiny holes.

the gap is there on purpose to make the panel look a bit like "floating" from certain perspectives, similar like the BIG1 top cover. but still not sure if I will keep it or make it flush.

REVOCCASES

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
REVOCCASES
Silver Supporter
Apr 2, 2020
www.revoccases.com
Brickless ?

- I have noticed on your website "We are currently working on two brickless solutions. One which would work for FLEX and one for SFX cases."

Yes, brickless / internal PSU would be included.

switched to Sfx psu support

Last edited:

griever

Average Stuffer
Apr 30, 2019
Looking forward to this. Not enough “good” vertical cases currently.

The second vent design is much more pleasing to the eye, honestly. What’s the open area for those panels?

where is the power button?
CPU block clearance?
Gpu slot support? If 2.2 to 3 slot is supported I’d say you could offer fantastic support toward future GPU offerings. Extended support for this would only marginally increase volume and footprint.

if you add a second rad support, where would you place it?

REVOCCASES

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
REVOCCASES
Silver Supporter
Apr 2, 2020
www.revoccases.com
Looking forward to this. Not enough “good” vertical cases currently.

The second vent design is much more pleasing to the eye, honestly. What’s the open area for those panels?

where is the power button?
CPU block clearance?
Gpu slot support? If 2.2 to 3 slot is supported I’d say you could offer fantastic support toward future GPU offerings. Extended support for this would only marginally increase volume and footprint.

if you add a second rad support, where would you place it?

thanks for your feedback!

yeah, I think I will make a sample with that vent pattern and see how it looks in reality. About 60% of the surface area will be vent slots, so everything in the case will have enough air to "breath".

power button is currently at the back but I'm thinking to move it to the GPU side... not sure yet...

Clearance as follows:
  • With 2.5 Slot GPU: 40mm (e.g. Alphacool Eisbaer LT)

• With 2 Slot GPU: 50mm (e.g. Aquanaut with LP Pump)

• 140mm Rad + 140mm Fan total thickness: up to 50mm with 2.5 Slot GPU and up to 60mm with 2 Slot GPU

unfortunately support for the second rad does not work out if I want to keep the volume below 10L

Last edited:

REVOCCASES

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
REVOCCASES
Silver Supporter
Apr 2, 2020
www.revoccases.com
Prototyping started with following specs:
  • Size: 121x380x200mm / 9.2L
  • Motherboard: mini ITX
  • Storage: only M.2
  • PSU: G-UNIQUE G-STICK 600W internal
  • GPU: up to 2.5 slot (60mm) and 343mm long
The graphics card position is movable which allows different configurations:

CPU cooler / pump clearance:
  • With 2.5 Slot GPU: 40mm (e.g. Alphacool Eisbaer LT)
  • With 2 Slot GPU: 50mm (e.g. Aquanaut with LP Pump)
140mm Radiator & Chassis Fan clearance:
  • With 2.5 Slot full length GPU: total thickness up to 50mm
  • With 2 Slot full length GPU: total thickness up to 60mm
  • With ITX size GPU: total thickness up to 100mm

_ONE_

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Mar 1, 2017
Agreed. Fancy vent pattern design is not my thing. ?

Maybe @_ONE_ could help me out... ?

Haha! Hello there!

Well, All I have to say is that Smooth curve, Irregular pattern and Organic shape are the future!

Check this (not mine):

I don't know if I'm the first one Introducing that, But I'm super proud of this becoming a trend!

If I have an advice, It is to draw regular shape on a paper and find a pattern that's beautiful and optimized for your case

If you're stuck, Just simply get inspired Here

Reactions: REVOCCASES

lasek

Average Stuffer
Feb 22, 2017
Following the recent AMD announcements, I am wondering the BIG2 can handle a 5900X / RX6800XT or if the BIG1, or a future variant, is more indicated ?

Also the 6800XT is surprisingly shorter at 267mm, maybe that will help further space optimization.

REVOCCASES

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
REVOCCASES
Silver Supporter
Apr 2, 2020
www.revoccases.com
The BIG1 works best with up to 105W CPUs and 250W GPUs (which was kinda high end when I started the design). For example 5800X paired with a RTX2080S, RTX3070 or RX6800 would make a good fit for that one.

Given the trend that graphics cards are getting longer and bulkier, I came up with the idea for the BIG2. I'm sure AMD partners will also show cards with bigger heatsinks in the future and that could mean a cooler / more silent system.

I am confident that the BIG2 could handle a 5900X / RX6800XT but let's wait for the prototypes first...

Last edited:

Elaman

Cable-Tie Ninja
Sep 13, 2020
some prototype pictures incoming...

Normally I don't pay attention to vent patterns, but seeing the comparison with the BIG1 it would be interesting to consider different patterns.
Especially since this new case has much more ventilation, any change in the patterns makes more of a difference in the final appearance.
Also the case's "cover" seems to be now including the side panel as well, is that right? Which makes for a bigger piece. Is that easy to remove? If not, what about a small handle or something to facilitate removal of that panel?