Production Pump&reservoir intergrated full-cover waterblock for Asus Z270i/Z370i Strix

Master of Cramming
Original poster
Nov 5, 2016
Status: Prototype block is ready. Currently accepting pre-orders

Taking pre-orders for the first batch (limited to 15 pcs). For more details, please visit this post, or go to www.itxfans.com!

Hey guys! As many of you know, I'm working on an internally water-cooled Skyreach Mini 4. In order to pack everything into a 5L package, I need to custom design & make a waterblock that have both an Alphacool DC-LT pump and a reservoir integrated into it.
After several months of development, it's finally here. A completely custom made, pump&resiviorr integrated mono-block.

Specs, Features, Dimensions, and Compatibility

This waterblock is compatible with both Asus Z270i Strix and Asus Z370i Strix. It uses Alphacool's DC-LT pump (compatible with both 2600 and 3600 version). It has three ports, one must be used as an outlet, the other two can be used as an inlet or a fill/drain port.
There are three versions of the waterblock. All of them are made out of solid copper. They will all be nickel/silver plated. They all cover the M.2 section and the MOS on the motherboard. The differences are in the manufacturing process and the material of the top.
All blocks don't come with Alphacool pump and fittings. You have to purchase them separately.

There are several configurations for the block. You can choose the base and the top by yourself. The final price will be the base price + the top price. All prices are in CAD.

Base variants:
  • One-piece
    • This base is milled out from an entire block of copper.
    • Sales for $400 CAD
  • Assembled
    • This base is milled out from several copper pieces and then assembled and held together by screws.
    • Sales for $300 CAD
Top variants:
  • Clear Acrylic
    • Milled from a block of clear acrylic. No special surface finish.
    • Sales for $59 CAD
  • Frosted Acrylic
    • Milled from a block of clear acrylic then hand-frosted to give it a foggy look.
    • Sales for $79 CAD
  • Silver-plated Copper
    • Milled from a block of copper, then silver plated to give it a shiny, mirror-like finish.
    • Need to be purchased with the one-piece base. Limited quantity.
    • Sales for $219 CAD

Dimensions
:

Feel free to comment below if you have any questions.

As many of you know, I'm working on an internally water-cooled Skyreach Mini 4. In order to pack everything into a 5L package, I need to custom design & make a waterblock that have both an Alphacool DC-LT pump and a reservoir integrated into it.
I started on designing the waterblock few days ago and got some quotes back from the manufacturer. In order to let them make some blocks for me, I need to have some orders to lower the price to an acceptable range. I'm starting this thread to gather interest to see if anyone is interested in buying such a waterblock.

There will be two three version of the waterblock:
  • A lite version that uses modular parts. Instead of milling the whole block out of one big piece of copper, a thinner copper sheet will be used to mill out the water channels. Then, the cold plates will be milled individually and attached to the copper sheet with screws.
    • Cover the CPU, the inductor coils, and the M.2 drive.
    • Copper base plate with nickel plating, mirror finish. Acrylic top.
    • Does NOT include the Alpacool DC-LT pump.
    • Price will be around ~$279 USD, depending on the number of orders.
  • A premium version that will be milled out from an entire block of copper. Unlike the lite version that uses modular parts, everything will be milled out of an entire block of copper. This block will be split into two parts, one covering the CPU and the inductor coils, and one covers the M.2 drive. But every sub-blocks will be milled from a solid piece of copper.
    • Copper base plate with nickel plating, mirror finish. Acrylic top.
    • Price will be around ~$359 USD, depending on the number of orders.
  • A deluxe edition (limited amount) that includes everything in the premium version, but instead of having an acrylic top, it has a copper top that's milled out from an entire block of copper, with nickel plating and mirror finish.
    • Copper base plate & top with nickel plating, mirror finish.
    • Price will be around ~$479 USD, depending on the number of orders.
More information will be released when the design for the water blocks are finalized.
If you are interested in buying one, please participate in this survey so I can get an idea of how many orders I might get, thank you!

Survey (Since the polls aren't currently working on the forum :()

Here are some images of the block in its initial states. Now I'm working on integrating both the pump and a small reservoir into it:
Premium edition:

Deluxe edition:

Explode view:

Last edited:

Broxin

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jun 16, 2017
Looks beautifull!

Can we dismount the m.2 cooling?
I read that it is bad to cool the m2 too much because it shortens the lifespan of the memory cells (yes you heard right;) because they need a hot working temperature and they are even heated internaly if needed.

Reactions: 1461748123

Tanax

Average Stuffer
Jul 7, 2016
Looks amazing.
Is there a practical reason it's a motherboard monoblock instead of just a CPU waterblock with integrated reservoir?

Naavjames

Trash Compacter
Mar 17, 2018
What do you expect the performance differences btw the three versions to be ? Or is this just mostly cosmetic? Sorry, don’t know much about heatsinks and waterblocks.

JPTechGrind

Efficiency Noob
Apr 23, 2018
Im a bit confused about what the Deluxe edition adds over premium. Is it the same as premium just with a copper top rather than acrylic? Oh BTW, stfu and take my money haha this thing is awesome!!!!

Master of Cramming
Original poster
Nov 5, 2016
Im a bit confused about what the Deluxe edition adds over premium. Is it the same as premium just with a copper top rather than acrylic? Oh BTW, stfu and take my money haha this thing is awesome!!!!
Yes everything is the same beside the copper top :)

Loveless

Cable Smoosher
Apr 21, 2018
oh man, to say Im excited to get my hands on one of these is the understatement of my lifetime. Ive been planning and slowly buying parts for my mini build for a lil over 6 months and i want to do a full WC build! was wondering what your thoughts on gpu cooling was? I have a Zotac 1080ti mini and wanted to get this block https://www.ebay.com/itm/Bykski-N-S...112895846438?_trksid=p2385738.m4383.l4275.c10 think it will be possible to WC the entire build?

Sashby

Average Stuffer
Nov 13, 2017
oh man, to say Im excited to get my hands on one of these is the understatement of my lifetime. Ive been planning and slowly buying parts for my mini build for a lil over 6 months and i want to do a full WC build! was wondering what your thoughts on gpu cooling was? I have a Zotac 1080ti mini and wanted to get this block https://www.ebay.com/itm/Bykski-N-S...112895846438?_trksid=p2385738.m4383.l4275.c10 think it will be possible to WC the entire build?

Ask matogl0396.
"GPU: Zotac GTX 1080 Ti Mini w/ Barrow BS-ZO1080TM-PA Mini Water Cooling Block"
https://smallformfactor.net/forum/t...ti-mini-w-vertical-gpu-mount.7312/#post-95949

Master of Cramming
Original poster
Nov 5, 2016
To be honest, I have no idea.
Currently with undervolting I'm able to achieve really good temps (40~50c) with an 8700k. But add a 1080ti to the equation, thats an entirely different story...

Master of Cramming
Original poster
Nov 5, 2016
any updates for temperature test?
anyway why the asus rog strix Z270i / Z370i monoblock is more expensive than ASRock X299E-ITX/ac ?

https://smallformfactor.net/forum/threads/asrock-x299e-itx-ac-full-cover-monoblock.7403/
I accidentally ship the block to my old address :p Now my friend has it and need to ship it back to me.

For the price, the Z270I/Z370I Strix comboblock uses more material, and it's more complex to manufacture and have a longer manufacturing time. It also took way longer to design. You should be able to tell in the explode view diagram :)