Cooling Alphacool Eisblock XPX Pro large-socket 1U waterblock (Flatboy)

bran

Average Stuffer
Feb 10, 2018
I was looking forward to the TR4 flatboy with integrated pump. Now it's just a cpu block. We already have TR4 CPU blocks!

Aux

Cable-Tie Ninja
Dec 5, 2018
Interesting, that might be just what I need. Does any of you have experience with Alphacool's stuff versus, lets say, EKWB or Watercool ?

Personally I prefer EKWB quality, for cpu / gpu / pump blocks. I have never had to send anything back to EKWB.
Alphacool radiators are ok, seem to be from the same supplier as Phobya. Also no problems with the reservoirs.
EKWB is my goto for motherboard blocks now. Alphacool for the dc lt pumps, but I have to grit my teeth for the pump block.

I have no connection with any of these companies

VegetableStu

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
Aug 18, 2016
on second thoughts, I might actually needwant one for my upgrade to be a little easier

VegetableStu

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
Aug 18, 2016
worse: HWL Nemesis 280: 280x54mm. for the kicks, LOL
(it's sitting in the corner right now, so...)

EDIT: GTR

Last edited:

Vespaman0

Case Bender
Jul 11, 2018
I just spoke with alphacool Deutsche directly on Facebook again. I was informed that the Flatboy was indeed cancelled. I was told it was replaced by the xpx pro u1. The reason given was they were unable to keep the pump operating at such high temperatures.

Yes we did cancelled it because the pump can not operate at high temperatures this is the new flatboy :)

Reactions: VegetableStu