Prototype Project Orthrus - Smallest SLI mATX case (V2)

xSanchez78

Average Stuffer
Jan 15, 2018

Looks like whoever wants to build in this case with two RTX 2080 Ti's and a Ryzen 9 3900X no longer has to worry about power limitations anymore.

Reactions: NinoPecorino

Jackrabbit72380

Chassis Packer
Mar 1, 2018
There is also this new Sea Sonic PSU called "seasonic connect" that is in 2 parts. The DC to DC conversion is done in the long part but I don't know how many watts it is. I do know its going for around $250.00 USD though. apparently this forum is supposed to eliminate wire clutter so you can have shorter cables. I cant wait for this case to be released! I hope Luke D makes a killing on these! when they go on sale.

Last edited:

NathZ

Efficiency Noob
Jun 12, 2018
Finally getting around to building my new sff rig, I'd hoped for some good news on this case - maybe a release date...?

Looks like the project has stalled? :(

Reactions: KSliger

HowDeadly

Cable Smoosher
Dec 27, 2017
I think he's already in final prototype now since i for sure he said he's next in line. But yeah its been couple months now without update. I hope he didn't gave up on it. I don't really see any photos from first page.

Last edited:
Reactions: TheClash

Ditlan

Chassis Packer
Feb 28, 2017
@LukeD when is this case going to be up for sale. Might be useful for rendering, dual quadros
There is no concrete date in any way yet, and you can assume he will update this thread when/if he gets a date set in stone, I wouldn't be surprised if we don't see a manufacturing run of this until mid next year or later. Things like this take a lot of time when you are a one man band with many other important things in your life!

The6A

Average Stuffer
Mar 20, 2017
With all due respect to the designer as he’s come up with some amazing engineering, this project needs to move into the stalled category. This one brought me to this forum years ago, but as a consumer product I don’t think it’s going anywhere. I would love to be wrong.

The-Alchemist-404

Caliper Novice
May 14, 2019
With all due respect to the designer as he’s come up with some amazing engineering, this project needs to move into the stalled category. This one brought me to this forum years ago, but as a consumer product I don’t think it’s going anywhere. I would love to be wrong.
Dang, thats a hard to swallow pill, but true tho

Reactions: TheClash

junkstory

Efficiency Noob
Feb 16, 2018
Generally speaking, not naming any names whatsoever, it only takes a moment to log in to a forum and post an update, any update, whether it be good or bad. If a person cannot even commit to such a trivial task, you have to wonder whether it is even worth your while to keep your optimism about the project. Again, I'm just speaking in general. It applies to every project. You can make the decision whether it applies here or not.

I made a comment the Spring of last year to say that I've unsubscribed from this thread, due to the obvious fact that the project was not going anywhere from a creator who has visibly lost interest. I've been attacked by many, even through private messages. Well, I've come back today to see if I would be fortunate enough to be proven wrong, but alas it seems that my decision was right.

Good luck.

Cutie DarkFae

Caliper Novice
May 18, 2016
Alas, I cannot prove you wrong :(

But, depending upon circumstances, the simple act you described can easily be something that just can't get done :(

I still live in hope, this case is amazing, and I don't see anything else remotely like it in the market yet.

Reactions: nyc718kb