Prototype Project Orthrus - Smallest SLI mATX case (V2)

Ellimist

Trash Compacter
Feb 11, 2018
The latest version that has been shown is perfectly fine for me. Really compact and mATX with SFX PSU. I don't think you could go much smaller with standard components. I'd just get it as it is.

killerdan56

Caliper Novice
Jul 30, 2018
I would like a vertical single slot pcie mount where the hdd tray is. In front of the motherboard so can mount something like a pci wifi adapter or tb3 aic

Reactions: lyc00123

LukeD

Master of Cramming
Original poster
Case Designer
Jun 29, 2016
Yes gents. Development is continuing. My apologies for lack of updates, but not much has progressed just yet.
I'm next in the queue with the manufacturer to get this case into production. Few small design changes have been discussed and as soon as I can I'll share the final changes and further details like price and availability. I realise this has taken a lot longer than I have anticipated but please be assured this is at the forefront of my responsibilities.

LukeD

Master of Cramming
Original poster
Case Designer
Jun 29, 2016
And once again I am humbled and I thank everyone for their support and patience. As I mentioned before a lot of unfortunate personal events pushed this project further out than I wanted, but with those under wraps now, its just going to be a matter of working out the details with manufacturing and we'll be back on track.

darbie

Efficiency Noob
Feb 18, 2019
Hi Luke,

Are you planning to use protocase as your manufacturer? I know a lot of people are partnering with Lian Li

Ellimist

Trash Compacter
Feb 11, 2018
Has anyone seen a full breakdown of the NVlink cable used on the 2080's. I'm curious if a flexible version has been investigated already. The only thing I have seen is that it is reminiscent of a PCIe slot so some of the flexible PCIe cables may make it possible to build a long enough flexible nvlink cable for this case.

FAQBytes

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 22, 2017
Has anyone seen a full breakdown of the NVlink cable used on the 2080's. I'm curious if a flexible version has been investigated already. The only thing I have seen is that it is reminiscent of a PCIe slot so some of the flexible PCIe cables may make it possible to build a long enough flexible nvlink cable for this case.
My one concern is latency due to trace length. NVLink is designed with very tight tolerancing in order to achieve such high throughout. Unfortunately I don't have an NVLink bridge to take a look at though. At least not yet.

Wyd4

Cable-Tie Ninja
Oct 21, 2018
I must say I have been creeping this thread for a long time now. Great to see it’s still alive, regardless of slowed progress. Very interested to see the details work themselves out. May have to jump on it myself for some insanity.

encore2097

Caliper Novice
May 13, 2019
Really inspiring! Hope you get this into mass production.

Any plans to release the CAD files for modified designs?