Prototype Project Orthrus - Smallest SLI mATX case (V2)

Reizel

Minimal Tinkerer
Jun 20, 2018
I'm going to mount it on a bracket under the desk. I have the opposite requirement. That the ports be at the top to work better with that. Its an interesting question where is best to put them.
Well, most people who get build a sff want it to be somewhat portable...

LukeD

Master of Cramming
Original poster
Case Designer
Jun 29, 2016
Hey Guys, yep, things are very slowly moving along. I'm actually in the middle of moving so the precious little time I have unfortunately im dedicating right now to packing things etc. As soon as I move (end of Nov) I plan on dedicating the time I'll have off to the project.

xSanchez78

Average Stuffer
Jan 15, 2018
Wait, so you're telling me that you're completely blind to the comments right above you, that you haven't seen pretty much any of the comments on the last 3-5 pages asking the exact same thing, and the fact that luke is going through serious life issues, and literally answered when he'll try to recover from it all and start to work on the manufacturing deal on the comment *right above* yours, yet you come here and pester him literally immediately after all this? Jesus Christ man...

Tamarinde

Efficiency Noob
Jan 30, 2018
If you want to know the price just look at the other cases being sold here, so roughly around $200-250
Custom cases with small production numbers unfortunatelly cost more than cases from big companies who can just make cases in bulk and advertise them at the same time.
As for when, if LukeD were ready with everything right now then I expect a few (6?) months

These are estimates from someone who has no idea what it takes to produce something.
If someone does know please educate us

VELKASE Michael

King of Cable Management
VELKASE
Gold Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
If you want to know the price just look at the other cases being sold here, so roughly around $200-250
Custom cases with small production numbers unfortunatelly cost more than cases from big companies who can just make cases in bulk and advertise them at the same time.
As for when, if LukeD were ready with everything right now then I expect a few (6?) months

These are estimates from someone who has no idea what it takes to produce something.
If someone does know please educate us

They cost more than cases produced in quantities of quadruple digits, but $200-250 still leaves room for a very, very large profit margin. Of course, it all comes down to the complexity of the design, but every design can be optimized.

Jackrabbit72380

Chassis Packer
Mar 1, 2018
Well I haven't checked the thred in months I figured the project would have been finished by now well I hope that you were able to get your health under control we all wish you the best. And happy holidays. If you ever get around to finishing this I will probably get one they look pretty sweet...

xSanchez78

Average Stuffer
Jan 15, 2018
I've already reserved some money to be able to buy one as soon as it's out, that way I won't have to worry if he isn't able to produce enough to maintain availability lol.

AcidHeatIIV

What's an ITX?
New User
Jan 1, 2018
Same here! I got a stash of cash hidden away from the world, and my spontaneous cash expenditures haha... I have already given in to the new Geeek A60 case, and Luke's case will be mine as well! =D

TheClash

Trash Compacter
Nov 13, 2017
I am with the rest of you! I have put away some cash for this baby!

Happy New Year to you @LukeD, I wish you all the best and look forward to what the new year will bring - I foresee great things! :)

Projects like this inspire us all!