Project Koen R

Freebo

Chassis Packer
Original poster
Apr 4, 2019
Hi all,

Wasn’t sure if I should post this in the Build Logs or the Concepts section so if I have posted it in the wrong place please let me know and I'll repost or just move the thread :)

So I've been into modding PC's since the mid 2000's. My first full custom PC I built was project Koen in 2007, named after my favourite car manufacture at the time Koenigsegg, I fell in love with the CCR specifically in Orange and decided I needed to have case in that colour. After acquiring a Chieftec Bravo BX case I set to work chopping it up, respraying it and installing my brand new Core2Quad Q6600 G0, Asus P5K Deluxe with 4 sticks of 1Gb Crucial Ballistix (in orange of course!), ATI Radeon X1800XT and full custom watercool loop including the D-Tek FuZion CPU block and a Danger Den Maze 4 for the GPU.

Then after about a year came project Koen S, with purchase of a Coolermaster Cosmos S and a nVidia 9800GTX. This time not so much modding but with a large case suitable for watercooling I rebuilt the loop, upgrading to an EK waterblock for the new graphics card and an XSPC top for the DDC plus a larger res due to the ample space in the case.

After the motherboard literally exploded randomly one day I upgraded again, this time to a 1st gen i7 920. I also removed the watercooling and went back to air.

This was then transferred to another smaller case when I moved out from my parents and I lost interest in modding and the PC community etc, it has hover been upgraded to an i5 4460 and a nVidia 750Ti a few years back which is where it's still at today.

So onto Koen R, I've been performing a lot of research and spec tweaking for what i want and think I've settled. I've purchased a Fractal Node 202 and intend to do a full custom water loop in it.

The spec I am aiming at so far is as follows:

Fractal Node 202 (Purchased)
AMD Ryzen 7 2700
2x8Gb DDR4 3200 Ram
Asus Rog STRIX B450-I
Asus RTX 2060 6Gb Turbo
HD Plex 400w PSU (Ordered)

I'm still theorising my cooling loop but it’s probably going to be some form of DDC with and Alphacool Eisblock for the 2060 and an Alphacool NexXxoS for the CPU. Radiator will be an XSPC TX240 (ultra slim) and I will be fitting in a res of some form due to the space saved by using the HD Plex PSU.

I've stripped the case down and have been measuring quite a bit, I'm happy it should all fit but until I start buying more parts I wont know for sure. The plan is likely to also spray the outer case orange like the original PC I modded.

Reactions: Phuncz