B L A C K B I R D

Nejax

Case Bender
New User
Jun 17, 2020
That's so awesome man!!

I've looked at it and there would have to be some major changes for that to work (not that it wouldn't be possible).

Right now my watercooling system is unfortunately clogged, so I can't look at it in the very near future. I have some work to do, and since Denmark isn't under serious lockdown anymore, I don't just have all day to play with computers unfortunately. ;)

No Problem ;)

i try to Design something on my own to fit my Aorus x570 i board.

cant wait That all Parts are printed and i can start to Build it :)

Reactions: rosinbole

CC Ricers

Shrink Ray Wielder
Bronze Supporter
Nov 1, 2015
Wow, this case is dope. Funny enough I ran across your design first on GrabCAD while searching for mini ITX stuff. Definitely something I would be interested in attempting to build in the future :) Also, where'd you get the breakout PCB for the power button?

Last edited:

robbee

King of Cable Management
n3rdware
Bronze Supporter
Sep 24, 2016
Hey @rosinbole , are you planning on adding the gpu to the loop? I'm thinking of a custom build with the 2-fan version of that radiator that cools both CPU and GPU, but I'm having a hard time finding info about its cooling capacity. Having both GPU and CPU cooled in this case would make it even sweeter!

rosinbole

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Jan 18, 2018
www.instagram.com
First off, sorry I haven't been very active lately. You don't deal with work related stress by continuing to work when you get home... ;)

No Problem ;)

i try to Design something on my own to fit my Aorus x570 i board.

cant wait That all Parts are printed and i can start to Build it :)

I think that it's so incredibly awesome that you're building it too. Please send me some pictures when/if you finish it! It really makes my day every time I see that people like the things I've made that much!

Wow, this case is dope. Funny enough I ran across your design first on GrabCAD while searching for mini ITX stuff. Definitely something I would be interested in attempting to build in the future :) Also, where'd you get the breakout PCB for the power button?

Thanks a lot man! Yeah, you're not the first to find it that way. ;) Last time I checked it on the prusa forum, the model had over 7000 views. :D

The tempered glass panels and power button are stolen out of a Sunmilo case which I have lying around. I think it's a Sunmilo C01... some version of it at least. It's changed quite a bit throughout the years.

Reactions: Soul_Est

rosinbole

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Jan 18, 2018
www.instagram.com
Whoops, I accidentally sent that message before I finished writing it...

I love this case it looks so fresh. Any chance of the milled aluminum version coming up?

Thanks man! I haven't gotten that one before. ;D Maybe I will build it in aluminum, maybe I won't. I'm a machinist by trade so I defenately have the possibility, but I already spend most of my life at work, and since I'm just barely not 18 yet, I can't stay without anyone else being there. That means that I would probably have to get myself a cnc milling machine at home and work on it in the weekends for that to be possible. I have looked quite seriously into that though, and I just barely have the space too, so you all just have to wait and see what happens I guess. ;)

Hey @rosinbole , are you planning on adding the gpu to the loop? I'm thinking of a custom build with the 2-fan version of that radiator that cools both CPU and GPU, but I'm having a hard time finding info about its cooling capacity. Having both GPU and CPU cooled in this case would make it even sweeter!

The last major post I made wasn't the final version at all. The latest version i had up and running before I tore it down for maintanence had a watercooled GTX 1070 in it along with my 2700X running on the same rad setup as in the last post. It worked phenomenally. Idle temps were great and the machine ran completely silent. Under load the temps often didn't reach 70c if I remember correctly.

I haven't updated the thread further because I haven't really properly documented the work I've done after the last post.

robbee

King of Cable Management
n3rdware
Bronze Supporter
Sep 24, 2016
The last major post I made wasn't the final version at all. The latest version i had up and running before I tore it down for maintanence had a watercooled GTX 1070 in it along with my 2700X running on the same rad setup as in the last post. It worked phenomenally. Idle temps were great and the machine ran completely silent. Under load the temps often didn't reach 70c if I remember correctly.

I haven't updated the thread further because I haven't really properly documented the work I've done after the last post.

That's awesome to hear and makes me confident that it could work with the 2-fan version too. Looking forward to your update. Stay safe!

icoborg

What's an ITX?
New User
Oct 8, 2020
great job!!
i cant find a decent riser card/extension...they give me always some problem (artefacts, crash, etc..), where did you find yours?

rosinbole

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Jan 18, 2018
www.instagram.com
great job!!
i cant find a decent riser card/extension...they give me always some problem (artefacts, crash, etc..), where did you find yours?

I simply ordered one off of amazon and it's worked just fine since. I think it was 100mm long or something and I just crammed it in there.

Optimally, this case needs something like what's used in the S4 mini. I don't know about the length of that though. I'm not sure it would fit.

Ascii80

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Oct 10, 2020
Hi Guy
i make my Blackbird
i dont use the liquid cooling , i mod the case for my use
the mods :
i reduce the depth 250 mm to 210 mm
i re design the lower support for insert HDPlex power supply
i re design the back plate for my motherboard
i re design the side panels for air cooling ( the side panels make in plexiglass and laser cutting , it will arrive next week)
i re design the frontal plate for insert a power botton

next step
i sleeved che power suplpy cable
i insert the pci vga card
i change the power supply with hdplex 400 w

i love this case ... very very thanks to Rosibole

• Love