Accessory Portable SFF monitors?

SFF EOL

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Dec 9, 2018
Hi Guys I am after some advice,

I’ve reached a stage where I am likely to be in hospital a lot or bedridden and so am looking at a monitor, suitable for SFF/ITX most likely a deskmini 2400G as I have the parts sat there. So probably a 12v/12 “ portable type, resolution really 1080p I think? Given the PC then 720p wouldn’t be a killer but ultimately limiting as I have a few ITX/SFF that will do greater resolutions, I don’t have anything able to do 4K really but wouldn’t discount it but budget would play a part, an upgrade on my 1060 6TB is on the cards as well.

I realise that is quite a wide specification so I wondered if anyone had any suggestions, top end of budget I think would be £200/€200/$200- generally the exchange rate doesn’t make a lot of difference in my experience. I see the £60 versions and I see they are quite limited, really just for CCTV but could be good enough for the gaming I do which isn’t FPS so much, but also I see that some of the more expensive monitors have some good features that add value.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

smitty2k1

King of Cable Management
Dec 3, 2016
I've had good luck with the Sibolan S14ac. It was around the 200$ price point on eBay when I got it. 15.6", 1080p, usb-c power, HDMI video, ultra thin

ignsvn

By Toutatis!
SFFn Staff
Apr 4, 2016
Use case wise, perhaps you'd also want a portable monitor with touch screen.

I'd like to group these monitors into 2, based on the video input: USB-C & (mini) HDMI.

HDMI:
If you're willing to look in Chinese online market places like AliExpress for example, I think you'll see quite a lot of options. I don't have any idea of the quality, but more popular brands are Sibolan, Elecrow, Eyoyo (If I recall correctly, the last 2 brands produce smaller monitors which are quite popular among Raspberry Pi enthusiasts). Many of them can be powered by USB-C as well. Drawback is that it's not really covered by warranty, and even if, depending where you live, returning will be a pain. Also, with this corona virus saga.. probably delivery will take a while.

USB-C:
If warranty is important & your PC supports video output via USB-C, you can look at more well-known monitors from Asus, GeChic, AOC, and HP.

Disclaimer: those are based on my last research done around last year. May no longer 100% accurate but I believe still applicable tho.

Good luck & all the best.

Reactions: toomanyboxes