Accessory TAIHE Gemini - Portable Monitor on Kickstarter

enricko7

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Original poster
Jun 12, 2018
Sorry if this isn't a good spot to give this some attention. I know portable monitors are an often desired but overlooked part of an SFF build. The options for full size inputs to a portable display seem limited to non-mainstream imports or the odd Amazon buy.

The TAIHE Gemini looks to change things up a little bit. You can read up on it here:
http://kck.st/2Dgf1c0

This one is 15.6" display in either 1080p or 4KUHD. It has an internal battery with (hopefully) the same battery life as a laptop as well as Type C power in. Has a built in kickstand, and in all honesty looks like a Microsoft Surface with a less hard anodize finish. Early bird and KS prices seem pretty fair, but I'm not sure how the retail price stacks up against other options. I for one, am stoked to give it a shot.

Last edited:

dragon50305

Trash Compacter
Jul 3, 2018
This looks to have the same specs of the same kind of monitors on aliexpress. Except a little thicker. I wonder of they're rebranding from the same supplier? The plus side is they're about the same price and available in America.

ignsvn

By Toutatis!
SFFn Staff
Apr 4, 2016
The product renders/photos indeed look similar with the Sibolan monitors..

chx

Master of Cramming
May 18, 2016
Can you spell highway robbery? The FHD is not worth 220 USD and they know it because if you buy five the price drops to 150 USD... that's a very harsh drop for a relatively low quantity. I am less pissed about the UHD one although that one also drops 25% at five... but UHD can be expensive, I admit that.

rcbuggy88

Efficiency Noob
Feb 8, 2019
You can get a 144hz 1080p monitor for $200. If they made a 144hz panel lukos competitor that would be cool. the lukos is like $800. Just a portable gaming setup type of monitor would be really cool. I would buy one for $300.