PCIE Riser Causing BSOD in Dan A4-sfx v3

kula009

Efficiency Noob
Original poster
Jul 12, 2019
Hello all,

Today I just finished building my new ITX build using 3700x, rog strix X570-I and 5700 XT in a Dan A4 -sfx v3. When installing graphics card driver I encountered constant BSODs, so I cannot enter windows afterwards. I searched online and found the issue might be related to the PCIE gen3 riser that came with the case. Some said switching from PCIE gen 4 to gen 3 in the bios can solve the issue. However, my motherboard doesn't seem to have the option available. Could someone provide some insights on the possible solutions? I'm pretty much stuck here and couldn't do anything with the computer. Feeling very stressed...

Any thoughts are greatly appreciated !

dondan

Shrink Ray Wielder
DAN Cases
Feb 23, 2015
It looks like on some Asus boards you can't select between gen1, gen2, gen3 or gen4 in UEFI.

I think you have to switch the motherboard to get it work. The Gigabyte X570 ITX is able to switch the link speed.

Reactions: CountNoctua

kula009

Efficiency Noob
Original poster
Jul 12, 2019
It looks like on some Asus boards you can't select between gen1, gen2, gen3 or gen4 in UEFI.

I think you have to switch the motherboard to get it work. The Gigabyte X570 ITX is able to switch the link speed.
Hi Dan, thanks for the reply! Do you think getting a PCIE gen4 riser would be another option? I noticed someone mentioned a part of "3M 8KC3-0726-0250" is similar to what you used for Dan A4 v4.1.