Noctua Graphene Coated L9a & L9i Cooler

Cheng

Caliper Novice
Original poster
Sep 29, 2018
Just found out about this on Noctua's official Tmall page:

L9a Link

L9i Link

The graphene version is new and there is no information about it on the page.

I understand that graphene has much higher thermal conductivity, but does it work well in real life?

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
We had a thread some time ago discussing about the graphene version of Cryorig C7 Cu. IIRC, such a coating would save a few degrees C in a best case scenario, likely to be counted with fingers of one hand but certainly no double digit improvement.
I think, the general consensus was it is mainly for aesthetic purpose with secondary thermal effect.

Cheng

Caliper Novice
Original poster
Sep 29, 2018
We had a thread some time ago discussing about the graphene version of Cryorig C7 Cu. IIRC, such a coating would save a few degrees C in a best case scenario, likely to be counted with fingers of one hand but certainly no double digit improvement.
I think, the general consensus was it is mainly for aesthetic purpose with secondary thermal effect.

Thanks for the heads up!

CC Ricers

Shrink Ray Wielder
Bronze Supporter
Nov 1, 2015
What black 92mm or 100mm fan would you recommend as a suitable replacement for the stock NF-A9x14 fan? For the extra blackness :)

Andrew.J.Vigil

Average Stuffer
Nov 28, 2017
What black 92mm or 100mm fan would you recommend as a suitable replacement for the stock NF-A9x14 fan? For the extra blackness :)
Just for your info.... And not recommending this... And some on the forums will kill me for even mentioning this.... But you CAN dye Noctua fans with automotive vinyl dye. That's all I'll say. :)

Reactions: br3nd0