Noctua has announced that it will be offering free upgrade kits for the upcoming Intel LGA1700 socket. However, the NH-L9i will not be compatible with these kits due to hardware incompatibilities. Noctua will introduce a new version of the NH-L9i specific for the LGA1700 platform.

The Noctua NH-L9i is one of the most popular cpu coolers in the small form factor community. It has a stock height of only 47mm, and provides surprisingly effective cooling performance while being relatively quiet. Unlike other Noctua coolers, the NH-L9i does not use the same SecuFirm mounting system that other Noctua coolers such as the NH-L12S use. As such, a new version will need to be designed specifically for the LGA1700 socket.

You can contact Noctua directly for the free-of-charge kit, or if you're in a hurry, you can purchase it via Amazon for $7.90 starting in October 2021.

For more information regarding this announcement, click on this link to Noctua's press release.

(Image Credit - Noctua)

Last edited:
Reactions: Phuncz and rfarmer

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
Indeed, no surprise but I'm happy we have a brand like Noctua that does this. It makes me look at their products first just because support like this is important to me. I've one AM4 support kit and had a free one, of which I've used both.