• Hey Guest, save 20% on our entire merchandise range during the month of December! Use promo code MAKEITSMOL at Our Merchandise Store!
Noctua has announced that it will be offering free upgrade kits for the upcoming Intel LGA1700 socket. However, the NH-L9i will not be compatible with these kits due to hardware incompatibilities. Noctua will introduce a new version of the NH-L9i specific for the LGA1700 platform.

The Noctua NH-L9i is one of the most popular cpu coolers in the small form factor community. It has a stock height of only 47mm, and provides surprisingly effective cooling performance while being relatively quiet. Unlike other Noctua coolers, the NH-L9i does not use the same SecuFirm mounting system that other Noctua coolers such as the NH-L12S use. As such, a new version will need to be designed specifically for the LGA1700 socket.

You can contact Noctua directly for the free-of-charge kit, or if you're in a hurry, you can purchase it via Amazon for $7.90 starting in October 2021.

For more information regarding this announcement, click on this link to Noctua's press release.

(Image Credit - Noctua)

Last edited:
Reactions: Phuncz and rfarmer

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
Gold Supporter
May 9, 2015
Indeed, no surprise but I'm happy we have a brand like Noctua that does this. It makes me look at their products first just because support like this is important to me. I've one AM4 support kit and had a free one, of which I've used both.