Press Release: When an SFF Network article is marked as a press release, it is copied verbatim from marketing materials supplied by the company. It does not represent the views or opinions of SFF Network or it’s staff.

Noctua confirms AM5 heatsink compatibility and announces free-of-charge upgrades for low-profile coolers and older heatsink models
Vienna, September 22nd – Noctua today confirmed that all its CPU coolers and mounting-kits that support AMD AM4 also support the upcoming AM5 socket, except the NH-L9a-AM4 low-profile cooler and the NM-AM4-L9aL9i mounting-kit. For the latter, Noctua announced the new NM-AM5-L9aL9i kit that will be available free-of-charge from end of October. Mounting upgrade kits for older heatsink models that do not yet support AM4 will also be provided to customers at no additional cost.
“We have offered free-of-charge mounting upgrade kits to our customers ever since AMD introduced AM2 in 2006, and we’re proudly continuing this tradition with the...

Continue reading...

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
Legend. I used this free of charge upgrade when AM4 was released, so I could re-use two coolers on AM4. I'm not going to get AM5 any time soon, but if I did I would be glad all my Noctua coolers could be made compatible.

Reactions: rfarmer

rfarmer

Spatial Philosopher
Jul 7, 2017
I got the updated mounting for 1700 socket and Noctua makes it quick and easy, nice bit of kit too.

Reactions: Phuncz

murderbymodem

Average Stuffer
Jun 6, 2019
I still utilize a Noctua NH-U12P SE2 that was originally purchased for my Socket 775 Q6600 build back in 2008. Over a decade later and that thing is still usable with modern CPUs.

I usually agree with the fact that spending more money on higher end PC parts doesn't make your build "future-proof" - but buying a Noctua cooler is the exception.