Log Newbie, or not to be - A FormD T1 Watercooled Build Log

eedev

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Apr 23, 2020
Love the attention to detail documenting the delid, LM, and direct-to-die processes! Rewarding to see the results of all of that effort making a difference in testing. Looking forward to the OC results now that your cooling is optimized!

Also good to see that you deep-cleaned the loop fittings! Hopefully the yellowing will cease to exist from here on out.

Thanks mate! 😁
The yellowing is still happening... 😥 next time I'll pick black tubing or something, I have no idea what component is doing this...

Question – what fan speeds were 3 x A12x15/A12x25s running at when you compared the two? Thanks.

Here are the speeds, where fans are positionned like this :
  • Fan 1 = Y splitter joined top fans
  • Fan 2 = Fan underneath the radiator
  • Fan 3 = 15mm side fan
Red is all 15mm fan, Green is 25mm + 15mm side fan.

Oh and merry xmas to you all :D

Couldn't wait for a TI model, might regret later lol 🤯

Waiting for EKWB order so I can put all this under water 🤟

biopunk

Airflow Optimizer
Sep 24, 2020
The yellowing is still happening... 😥 next time I'll pick black tubing or something, I have no idea what component is doing this...
EK-CryoFuel might be the culprit, I've seen multiple reports of it turning yellow, even the concentrate. Just search on reddit "CryoFuel yellow" or "DuraClear yellow".
My soft tubes are also turning yellow-ish even though I flushed both radiators with vinegar, washed the fittings in distilled water, and re-filled the loop a few times. I'm going to switch to Mayhems coolant the next time I'll rebuild the system and will see if that helps.

Reactions: eedev

eedev

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Apr 23, 2020
EK-CryoFuel might be the culprit, I've seen multiple reports of it turning yellow, even the concentrate. Just search on reddit "CryoFuel yellow" or "DuraClear yellow".
My soft tubes are also turning yellow-ish even though I flushed both radiators with vinegar, washed the fittings in distilled water, and re-filled the loop a few times. I'm going to switch to Mayhems coolant the next time I'll rebuild the system and will see if that helps.
Haaaaaa, thank you for the info! 👍

stanleyguan

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 18, 2020
Thanks mate! 😁

Here are the speeds, where fans are positionned like this :
  • Fan 1 = Y splitter joined top fans
  • Fan 2 = Fan underneath the radiator
  • Fan 3 = 15mm side fan
Red is all 15mm fan, Green is 25mm + 15mm side fan.

Oh and merry xmas to you all :D

Couldn't wait for a TI model, might regret later lol 🤯

Waiting for EKWB order so I can put all this under water 🤟
Thank you so much for the data! I will probably give it a try when A12x25 black comes out (looks like it's now pushed back to Q2 2021...).

And Happy New Year!

eedev

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Apr 23, 2020
Small update, I wanted to say CPU temps are really hot with a 240mm rad and that aircooled card.

I also wanted to say the EK Waterblock Vector TUF for that card doesn't fit without some heavy tricks, I am able to make it fit but for now I'm losing the side rad and the space for the pump on the side (meaning aquanaut is mantadory for this).

So for now I'm using external res + pump because I put EK Magnitude Block on the CPU.

I switched back to 15mm fans (in order to elevate the xspc 240) and I think with a longer riser cable I can set the GPU to a better position, closer to the motherboard.

Anyways, the point is don't buy 3080 TUF because you've seen it here if you want to watercool it in the T1 because it doesn't fit out of the box.

See you later 🤟

eedev

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Apr 23, 2020
Hey mate!

Okay, so something sad (for my wallet) happened...

I seem to have cracked my CPU die when installing the Magnitude CPU Waterblock. 🤬
I could not see an actual crack but the CPU is dead.
Thanks to fast Amazon I'm back to a brand new 10600K with an IHS and Arctic MX4.

I don't plan on deliding this one for at least a few months $$$.

As for the EK TUF 3080 Vector Waterblock, I was finally able to make it fit better.
I moved the motherboard top fixation so I could put the GPU underneath, but I had to remove the card's I/O shield because the fixation was blocking it.

Insane number of 90° fittings...

I used strong double sided adhesive for the pump.

I need to search for a better riser than this 🤡 because I don't think the airflow is great LOL.

I'll run some tests when I have more time, don't expect incredible results though!!

See you soon! 🤟

jouz

Trash Compacter
Oct 9, 2020
Yeah too bad you're having issues first with the GPU fitment and then the CPU 😥
But I'm impressed you managed to modify the case to make it fit (even if you had to sacrifice the IO shield).
And damn, those koolance 90° fittings really are allstars 😅