New revision of Ncase M1, when?

Secret-Misthios

Average Stuffer
May 25, 2019
There isn't a simple answer to this. The maximum height changes at different lengths due to the chassis, and for the bottom slot, the clips:

But these don't tell the whole story, since you still need some room to be able to maneuver the card in. Plus you're going to have some cards with irregular shrouds that will be taller at the midpoint, but shorter towards the ends. 111mm was a safe recommendation I went with for triple slot cards and/or long cards, since that was all I could really guarantee would fit.

Having said that, for V6 in addition to removing the two clips, I've reduced the flange at the back as well as enlarged the opening at the front. This should at least help with installation of larger cards.

That's perfect. Thanks a bunch.
If I read it correctly and check the drawing, with the latest changes and with out the io: so long as the tallest/thickest portion of a 3 slot GPU less than ~128mm-130mm and less than 299mm in length it would fit. This is pretty great since there are a lot of higher end GPU with slightly taller measurements between 114mm-120mm while still coming in under 300mm. For the extra compatibility I'll take the Ncase without the io any day. Thanks again.

teodoro

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Oct 8, 2018
When I wrestled a 2080 Strix into a v5, I had to flip the power button (in addition to removing the other I/O cables) so that the power’s connector to the button pcb would sit lower, as it was slightly higher than center on the board in normal orientation. The board itself was the limiting factor, as it then sat flush to the case floor (and the wire connector a couple mm above the floor). This was an edge case to be sure, but it was nice to have that option.

Is the curved piece that flanks the power wire connector separate from the rest (i.e. can be removed if you’re not using it to secure the I/O stuff)? Is the power button/pcb the same one as before?

Necere

Shrink Ray Wielder
NCASE
Feb 22, 2015
When I wrestled a 2080 Strix into a v5, I had to flip the power button (in addition to removing the other I/O cables) so that the power’s connector to the button pcb would sit lower, as it was slightly higher than center on the board in normal orientation. The board itself was the limiting factor, as it then sat flush to the case floor (and the wire connector a couple mm above the floor). This was an edge case to be sure, but it was nice to have that option.

Is the curved piece that flanks the power wire connector separate from the rest (i.e. can be removed if you’re not using it to secure the I/O stuff)? Is the power button/pcb the same one as before?
Yes, that part is removable.

This is a good point though. In redesigning the bracket, I've moved the ports and button down slightly - the result of which is that the button can no longer be flipped since the PCB is taller on the top and there's no longer adequate clearance on the bottom in the flipped orientation. I'll have to see if we can get the PCB modified a bit and maybe put the connector at the bottom by default.

JustinDulay

Caliper Novice
May 3, 2019
Kinda not the topic at hand but those renders - they show the new bottom vent, don't they? It looks like dedicated 140mm fan holes if one removes the clips in the middle, and 120mm fans are now on a much longer rail mounting system than before?

Necere

Shrink Ray Wielder
NCASE
Feb 22, 2015
Kinda not the topic at hand but those renders - they show the new bottom vent, don't they? It looks like dedicated 140mm fan holes if one removes the clips in the middle, and 120mm fans are now on a much longer rail mounting system than before?
That's correct.

Khaledious

Trash Compacter
Apr 28, 2019
Check this out guys, do my eyes deceive me!
NH-C14 new..

I just put an order for one, I've never used this site before, so I will let you guys know if it actually goes through.
Turns out the company went out of bussiness, and had really bad ratings while it was In business. Back to the used c14 hunt.

rfarmer

Spatial Philosopher
Jul 7, 2017
Turns out the company went out of bussiness, and had really bad ratings while it was In business. Back to the used c14 hunt.

I was wondering if this would work out, too bad it didn't. Good luck in your hunt for a C14, best air cooler for the M1.

jacobm

Efficiency Noob
New User
Jun 11, 2019
I hope I'm not too late to the party, but I'd vote to keep 2 fullsize USB ports on the front of the case. I like to have the ability to quickly plug in a card reader and a thumb drive, for example. I'm not a fan of hubs, as I feel like it kinda defeats the purpose of having a small form factor machine. If there's room on the case, I'd prefer there be ports there.

Necere

Shrink Ray Wielder
NCASE
Feb 22, 2015
I hope I'm not too late to the party, but I'd vote to keep 2 fullsize USB ports on the front of the case. I like to have the ability to quickly plug in a card reader and a thumb drive, for example. I'm not a fan of hubs, as I feel like it kinda defeats the purpose of having a small form factor machine. If there's room on the case, I'd prefer there be ports there.
The Type A ports aren't going anywhere. Plan is to replace one of the audio jacks with a Type C.

JustinDulay

Caliper Novice
May 3, 2019
Just did another check on SFFLab, previously it stated preorders to start by mid/end June, now the it just says mid June. Minor change, but I’m hoping it’s indicative that we can preorder in the next couple of days. ?

Reactions: Khaledious

gMit

Caliper Novice
Jun 2, 2019
Just did another check on SFFLab, previously it stated preorders to start by mid/end June, now the it just says mid June. Minor change, but I’m hoping it’s indicative that we can preorder in the next couple of days. ?

I do hope this may be true, or at least soon. My rig is sitting on top of my mobo box looking janky af

Reactions: Khaledious

UnknownBehemoth

Trash Compacter
Mar 27, 2019
I gave my V5 to my little brother. Using an A4-SFX for portability needs right now. Will 99% buy a V6 in the future.

The Type A ports aren't going anywhere. Plan is to replace one of the audio jacks with a Type C.
Would a combo mic/headphone jack be possible?

Necere

Shrink Ray Wielder
NCASE
Feb 22, 2015
Would a combo mic/headphone jack be possible?
No, unfortunately. As I understand it the front panel audio jacks aren't just regular TRS connectors - they also include the capability to sense when something is plugged in as part of the intel HD-Audio standard (which has 9 pins on the header). AFAIK no TRRS connectors exist that include the extra functionality to work with HD-Audio.

UnknownBehemoth

Trash Compacter
Mar 27, 2019
No, unfortunately. As I understand it the front panel audio jacks aren't just regular TRS connectors - they also include the capability to sense when something is plugged in as part of the intel HD-Audio standard (which has 9 pins on the header). AFAIK no TRRS connectors exist that include the extra functionality to work with HD-Audio.
I just checked and found out that Corsair's newer cases have combo mic/headphone jacks. :D

M1AF

Average Stuffer
Jan 1, 2019
Is the rear GPU bracket getting reworked? Once those screw holes strip it's pretty much game over.

zooroo

Chassis Packer
Jun 7, 2019
Can this case come out any faster. I have envied everyone who has ever had one for a long time. I hope I get to own one soon.

BeerNsoup

Cable-Tie Ninja
Mar 12, 2017
Seems like the details of what'll be implemented are starting to solidify. Any word on the grey colour and full tg panel (tinted?)?

Also, the bit about the 120mm bottom fan mounts being on a longer "track"... I take that to mean the are adjustable in position? Or are the spaced apart with a gap in the between the two fans?

Looking at the noctua site 140mm fans gain a fair bit in airflow but lose some in static pressure vs 120mm fans. In a setup where the GPU shroud and fans are removed would bottom 140s be noticeably better than 120s for GPU cooling? ...Provided the airflow is forced through the GPU heatsink with some kind of shroud/gasket and a Homebrew work around for the panel mounting clips implemented to let the 140s fit.