Need Advice for DIY ITX Build: Mobo & GPU Cutout.

McAwesome

Case Bender
Original poster
New User
Jul 11, 2019
Hey guys! Just joined SSF Network and am very excited to be apart of the communty. Anyhow, me and my buddy are building our own ITX case. But one of the biggest struggles we've trying to accurately nail down is the motherboard I/O cutout versus the actual motherboard. Is there a proper methodology for measuring that? And while we're at it, if it was in a vertical orientation how would you measure the GPU cutout in relaion to the GPU?

Any pointers are greatly appreciated. We've only been eyeballing everything until now which isn't exactly accurate.

giraffesinmybalcony

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Dec 15, 2018
please don't be lazy. if you had googled 'motherboard I/O cutout' it would return a lot of resources with accurate CAD dimensions for your perusal.

not tryna be a dick but these information are all readily available from Intel and other manufacturers as it's standardized, so please do your own research beforehand.

McAwesome

Case Bender
Original poster
New User
Jul 11, 2019
Hey @McAwesome . Glad to see more creative enthusiasts on here. There is the resources section of the site where you can find much of what you'll need for working out this build and future builds. You can find the section here: https://smallformfactor.net/forum/resources/ There you'll find guides and various 3D (CAD and mesh) models of various parts.

Thanks a lot buddy! We've a lot to learn, appreciate the pointer.