Production NCASE M1EVO

ScottSimply

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Nov 15, 2021
I have not been following the FormD T1 and so let me ask:-
1. When T1 v1 was launched, was it sold out in a few weeks?
2. After v1 was launched, how long was it until v2 came along?

I am still 'struggling' between the Rounded or the Angled one. Steel or Aluminum side panels makes no difference to me though.

And, I wonder if I have to use the keep-hitting-the-refresh-button method or I can relax as each batch will have sufficient cases for (almost) everyone?

I see fro the M1EVO product page that there are dates for 2 batches. (1st is 7/25 to 8/23, 2nd is 9/1 to 9/30). I do not have to get one in the first launch. I can wait for the 2nd batch as I will not start the build until next year. So, September is OK to me.

BTW, is the official product page the only channel of sale? Anyone knows?
For the FormD T1, there was a case reserved for all the IC people and a small public stock, the public stock sold out really quick. I think you can still sign up for the M1 Evo IC by signing up for restock notifications, but don't trust me on that (it does not send you a confirmation email about this).
Stock kept updating rather frequently and throughout most of its life the T1 has had very good stock levels. If a particular SKU was OOS, it would usually restock in a matter of days. The accessories are a different story, they restock rather infrequently. There's been some exceptions, most notably the large backorder on titanium colour T1s past few months, but that's just manufacturing difficulties and high demand. Overall the T1 v2 stock situation has been very good imo, much better than the v1.1 days.

The dates on the product page are more aspirations than anything else, don't base too much on those for now.

The official product page is the only channel of sale, realistically. In mainland China they do also have a Xianyu store for the FormD T1, but no idea if the M1 Evo
will have a similar thing.

Reactions: tinyitx and rfarmer

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
For the FormD T1, there was a case reserved for all the IC people and a small public stock, the public stock sold out really quick. I think you can still sign up for the M1 Evo IC by signing up for restock notifications, but don't trust me on that (it does not send you a confirmation email about this).
Thanks.
BTW, ''IC'' means what?

KamikazePlatypus

Caliper Novice
Aug 13, 2018
@Wahaha360 Will the M1 EVO support dual 280 rads on top and bottom? ST20 + 25mm fans? I'm getting 43mm of clearance per top and bottom radiator, which might be able to work removing the anti-vibration pads, but only if the motherboard mount location is adjustable.

Last edited:
Reactions: greg.chalk

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
Just ordered mine, can't wait.
Angled Black or Rounded Silver?

I am refraining myself to order at this moment. I do not need one urgently. Let those who want/need one now get one from this batch. I will not compete. :-)
And I will do myself a favour too as I wish to wait for the Ncase FF-01 to release by Q4 and see if that will trump the M1EVO.

thelaughingman

SFF Guru
Jul 14, 2018
I am refraining myself to order at this moment. I do not need one urgently. Let those who want/need one now get one from this batch. I will not compete. :-)
One added bonus is that later batches may get small improvements/revisions thanks to the feedback of the first few batches. Recall how Formd T1 went quickly from v1.0 to v1.1.

I'm sitting this one out as well, old and reliable M1 v5 still kicking it for now

Reactions: tinyitx and rfarmer

Deathrow

Caliper Novice
Apr 3, 2020
Angled Black or Rounded Silver?

And I will do myself a favour too as I wish to wait for the Ncase FF-01 to release by Q4 and see if that will trump the M1EVO.
Angled Black is what I ordered. My son currently is using my og v6.1, but my 4090 wont fit in it. Plus its time to move on from my O11 air mini. I thought the pricing would be high, but going back to when i got the v6.1 the new ncase is $10 cheaper, so thats a win. I was considering the new Dan case but after owning other dan cases i prefer the ncase

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
I was considering the new Dan case but after owning other dan cases i prefer the ncase
Refer to what you said above, care to elaborate?

My understanding is, all Dan cases have always been manufactured by Lian Li and so was the original Ncase M1. So, the quality of them should be almost identical.

However, IIRC, Ncase M1EVO is not made by Lian Li but by some 'independent' factory so that CNC machining can be employed and, thus, the quality and finishing can be a notch even higher.

Is this your thinking?
Anyway, I look forward to your review of the M1EVO Angled Black. (I still have to ponder between the Angled Black and the Rounded Silver).

Reactions: thelaughingman

thelaughingman

SFF Guru
Jul 14, 2018
However, IIRC, Ncase M1EVO is not made by Lian Li but by some 'independent' factory so that CNC machining can be employed
My recollection is that M1EVO is manufactured by the same factory that does the T1. Make sense given how they share a lot of similarities in part designs.

Reactions: tinyitx

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
My recollection is that M1EVO is manufactured by the same factory that does the T1. Make sense given how they share a lot of similarities in part designs.
Now that you brought this up, I seem to recall a little. But I have not has a T1 before. So, cannot more.

RaldiH

Cable Smoosher
Dec 16, 2019
I would really like to order one of those but the only thing preventing me hitting the add to cart button are the limited color options. I would like some grey-ish color to go with my theme so i could in theory go with the silver color from the rounded design but unfortunately i dislike the rounded design , i do like the angled design waaay more ( has more character imo ) so it's a shame only black color is offered for the angled design. From the presentation material on the store the angled design looks more like the titanium color offered on the T1 which would be perfect if that was the case but if real life photos showcased here are anything to go by then yes unfortunately the black color won't cut it for me. I've been out of the loop for a long time on this project so haven't read absolutely everything, maybe Wahaha360 has explained why only one color option is being proposed for each design ( i would assume to cut down manufacturing cost ) but it would be appreciated if more color options could appear in the future. At lest two color options for each design ( one darker and one lighter ) sounds like a resonable request . Best regards .

Last edited:

Deathrow

Caliper Novice
Apr 3, 2020
Refer to what you said above, care to elaborate?

My understanding is, all Dan cases have always been manufactured by Lian Li and so was the original Ncase M1. So, the quality of them should be almost identical.

However, IIRC, Ncase M1EVO is not made by Lian Li but by some 'independent' factory so that CNC machining can be employed and, thus, the quality and finishing can be a notch even higher.

Is this your thinking?
Anyway, I look forward to your review of the M1EVO Angled Black. (I still have to ponder between the Angled Black and the Rounded Silver).
I had the original dan a4-sfx, was good, but found it the lack of cooling a issue for my sons build. I personally had the a4-h20, i didn't think the quality was that great, was a alright case. I had 2 Ncase m1's, v3 and v6.1 and they were great.

As for the New dan case, being limited to itx mobo was a let down, thats 1 of the biggest draw cards for the ncase is now matx support. Personally think the Ncase looks better

ScottSimply

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Nov 15, 2021
I would really like to order one of those but the only thing preventing me hitting the add to cart button are the limited color options. I would like some grey-ish color to go with my theme so i could in theory go with the silver color from the rounded design but unfortunately i dislike the rounded design , i do like the angled design waaay more ( has more character imo ) so it's a shame only black color is offered for the angled design. From the presentation material on the store the angled design looks more like the titanium color offered on the T1 which would be perfect if that was the case but if real life photos showcased here are anything to go by then yes unfortunately the black color won't cut it for me. I've been out of the loop for a long time on this project so haven't read absolutely everything, maybe Wahaha360 has explained why only one color option is being proposed for each design ( i would assume to cut down manufacturing cost ) but it would be appreciated if more color options could appear in the future. At lest two color options for each design ( one darker and one lighter ) sounds like a resonable request . Best regards .
The M1 Evo/FormD T1 is mostly limited by production capacity, they're limiting the avaiable SKUs like this to make it a little easier on themselves that way.
That said, they do have plans to offer e.g. the silver version of the angled case in the future, but no definite ETA on that yet.

Reactions: Shinken1

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015

2023-07-05: M1EVO 40XX Without Riser Installation Verified!​

We had an extra 4080 FE today, the same size as the 4090 FE, so we double-checked the fit. It is fine and easy to install using a 12VHPWR 180D angle adapter.

Some of you want to avoid adapters and prefer custom 12VHPWR cables instead. It might be possible with a motherboard standoff hack, but I will leave it to you guys to figure it out because it's not officially supported.

My personal view is that the 180D adapter is both cleaner and better cable mgmt than custom cables. Compared to customs cables on a tight bend, I would argue that 180D adapters are less prone to problems in the long term if you can get a good one.

Deathrow

Caliper Novice
Apr 3, 2020
If we had done the interest check survey, but order the case already instead of waiting for the email to order, will our order get moved up?

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
If we had done the interest check survey, but order the case already instead of waiting for the email to order, will our order get moved up?
Yes, we reserved units and earlier shipping dates for IC customers.

We will be emailing IC customers in small batches starting July 11th to complete their order.

Reactions: rfarmer