Production NCASE M1EVO

Mr_Pengin

Caliper Novice
Sep 27, 2022

2023-04-10: M1EVO ready!​

M1EVO is production ready. We are preparing to launch this month. This is contingent on our supply chain's capacity to fulfill outstanding FormD T1 orders.

We are also in sync with YouTubers for review and plan to ship some units to members of SFF Gurus before others to collect feedback.

From left to right, M1 Classic, M1EVO Angled, M1EVO Round. Also added FormD T1 V2.0 Silver for size reference.
Does anybody have any more updates? This post will be 2 months old in a couple of days, and I haven't seen any news regarding an updated launch date.

threestripevida

Airflow Optimizer
Mar 28, 2017
any news is on the discord which is impossible to find if they don’t pin those messages. Last time I looked (which has been awhile) there wasn’t any pinned messages.

Reactions: Famaku

Mackan

Airflow Optimizer
Jun 2, 2016
From what I gathered from discord, the M1 EVO may be available for public sale/pre-order sometime now in June. However, it was also my understanding that whose who signed up for the previous interest check will get a chance to buy the case first. So far, no emails to those people have been sent out.

Also, I think the O-series may not happen at all due to capacity issues (real bummer since I wanted to go ATX). Focus may be on the T1, M1 EVO and the Streacom/Ncase collaboration case, the FF1 which was shown at Computex.

Disclaimer that anything what I said above could be wrong, or change at any planck time, so it would be best if the man himself made an update.

threestripevida

Airflow Optimizer
Mar 28, 2017
That’s a bummer if the ATX version doesn’t come out. I left the SFF world for my main PC, but I’ve been itching to get a small ATX with compatibility and design that SFF cases makers can design. I think Sliger is still working on one so I’ll wait for that unless something changes here.

BRSxIgnition

Master of Cramming
Mar 15, 2020
Really hoping that at least the O1 mATX version isn't too delayed. It looks so clean and I was planning to make it my next build.

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015

2023-06-09: M1EVO Update!​

Taking action on community feedback, we have been busy preparing Aluminum Mesh Side Panels for the M1EVO launch!

For those not too deep into the rabbit hole, M1EVO was planned with Steel Mesh Side Panels, but the original capacity is likely to be consumed by the FF1 project. So we had to update the M1EVO and add more dedicated capacity to this project.

So what does this all mean?
1) M1EVO with Steel Mesh Side Panel is planned for a lower price starting at USD 185, excluding shipping
2) M1EVO with Aluminum Mesh Side Panel is planned for a better price, starting at USD 205, excluding shipping
3) Launch timing and other details have not changed - we are still on schedule to launch this month

M1EVO offers some unprecedented features within Small Form Factor (SFF) niche, and we can't wait to show you guys the final product.

Last edited:

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018

2023-06-09 M1EVO Update!​

We have been busy preparing Aluminum Mesh Side Panels for the M1EVO launch!

For those not too deep into the rabbit hole, M1EVO was planned with Steel Mesh Side Panels, but the original capacity is likely to be consumed by the FF1 project. So we have to update the M1EVO and add more dedicated capacity to this project.

So what does this all mean?
1) M1EVO with Steel Mesh Side Panel is planned for a lower price starting at USD 185, excluding shipping
2) M1EVO with Aluminum Mesh Side Panel is planned for a great price, starting at USD 205, excluding shipping
3) Launch timing and other details have not changed - we are still on schedule to launch this month
Not sure how deep I am into the hole, IIRC, the main difference between the steel and aluminum side panel is that the former is less stiff and, sort of, flexes a little while the later has eliminated this 'wobble-ness'. Correct?

And, it is great news that this case will be launched this month!

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
Not sure how deep I am into the hole, IIRC, the main difference between the steel and aluminum side panel is that the former is less stiff and, sort of, flexes a little while the later has eliminated this 'wobble-ness'. Correct?

And, it is great news that this case will be launched this month!

Mostly just giving the people what they want.

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015

2023-06-16 Update: M1EVO Round in Silver Color (WOW-Factor) and Launch!​

I wouldn't say I liked M1EVO Rounded in Black color. I wanted a Silver color with more WOW Factor than the Titanium color. I also wanted M1EVO Angled and Rounded to look better in person than our renderings. I believe the mission is accomplished now.

The following pictures show M1EVO Rounded in Silver color, M1EVO Angled in Black color, and FormD T1 in Titanium color. The photos should reflect M1EVO's size relative to the T1. I also added some pictures of the Gigabyte Aorus 4070 Master to show a big GPU inside the case.

Regarding the launch date, we have a few more renderings. After that, I think we will launch this month and hopefully next week.

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018

2023-06-16 Update: M1EVO Round in Silver Color (WOW-Factor) and Launch!​

Regarding the launch date, we have a few more renderings. After that, I think we will launch this month and hopefully next week.

Key question:- Will the number of cases in this launch be large enough to last for a while (ie >>> 4 weeks) ?

It will be unimaginable if what happened to the Dan C4-SFX v1 happens here for the M1EVO.

ScottSimply

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Nov 15, 2021
Key question:- Will the number of cases in this launch be large enough to last for a while (ie >>> 4 weeks) ?

It will be unimaginable if what happened to the Dan C4-SFX v1 happens here for the M1EVO.
I would imagine the M1 Evo launch/stock situation is very similar to the FormD T1 v2, since it is the same factory/team after all.

Reactions: tinyitx

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
I would imagine the M1 Evo launch/stock situation is very similar to the FormD T1 v2, since it is the same factory/team after all.
I have not been following the FormD T1 and so let me ask:-
1. When T1 v1 was launched, was it sold out in a few weeks?
2. After v1 was launched, how long was it until v2 came along?

I am still 'struggling' between the Rounded or the Angled one. Steel or Aluminum side panels makes no difference to me though.

And, I wonder if I have to use the keep-hitting-the-refresh-button method or I can relax as each batch will have sufficient cases for (almost) everyone?

I see fro the M1EVO product page that there are dates for 2 batches. (1st is 7/25 to 8/23, 2nd is 9/1 to 9/30). I do not have to get one in the first launch. I can wait for the 2nd batch as I will not start the build until next year. So, September is OK to me.

BTW, is the official product page the only channel of sale? Anyone knows?