Production NCASE M1EVO

ScottSimply

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Nov 15, 2021
From W360 on the SFF Gurus Discord:

2023-02-21 Update: The production version of the M1EVO has shipped to critical testers for feedback. We delayed the launch and have been sending M1EVO prototypes to testers since November last year to improve the product. We are just waiting for feedback on the production unit and revised Mesh Side Panels before we can launch.

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015

2023-03-01: M1EVO Side Panel Survey!​

The only unknown in the way of M1EVO launch is the Steel Mesh Side Panel. So we would like to ask the community for feedback.

The current M1EVO default Steel Mesh Side Panel, despite being 1mm thick like FormD T1, still has a jello-like pop. Here is a video of the problem - .

We can either 1) delay M1EVO by 45 days to fix the mold. 2) launch mid March. Please give us your feedback by voting 1) or 2) by voting on our discord channel.

**Regarding the Aluminum Mesh Panels for M1EVO, we are not able to manufacture it atm because it's thickness to width ratio exceeds current manufacturing capabilities.

Aluminyum

Cable-Tie Ninja
May 3, 2019
I’m curious on why the change from the forums to discord for updates? Discord should not be a replacement for forums. It makes it impossible to find relevant information and just gets bloated with off topic conversations.
Not to mention that it seems to be a privacy nightmare.

Reactions: Triliner

robojim

Airflow Optimizer
Jun 18, 2020
I’m curious on why the change from the forums to discord for updates? Discord should not be a replacement for forums. It makes it impossible to find relevant information and just gets bloated with off topic conversations.
Agree. I don't mind it existing but wish there was someone who'd post the updates back to here too.

Reactions: N9neBreak3r

Mackan

Airflow Optimizer
Jun 2, 2016
What's the release time frame looking like for the O-atx mATX version?

Any release date for the M1EVO, the O-ATX or the O-EATX is unknown. And yes, I believe we are talking about 3 cases in total, where M1EVO is the only one being mATX.

But from discord, it seems the M1EVO is to be released first. Perhaps late April if they sort out the mesh steel side panel issue. The others later.

ScottSimply

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Nov 15, 2021
Agree. I don't mind it existing but wish there was someone who'd post the updates back to here too.
All major updates are posted here as well, no worries.
Any release date for the M1EVO, the O-ATX or the O-EATX is unknown. And yes, I believe we are talking about 3 cases in total, where M1EVO is the only one being mATX.

But from discord, it seems the M1EVO is to be released first. Perhaps late April if they sort out the mesh steel side panel issue. The others later.
M1 Evo and O1 mATX are both mATX, M1 Evo and O1 mATX are basically the same case, just with a different front panel.

Triliner

Cable Smoosher
Jan 27, 2022

2023-03-01: M1EVO Side Panel Survey!​

The only unknown in the way of M1EVO launch is the Steel Mesh Side Panel. So we would like to ask the community for feedback.

The current M1EVO default Steel Mesh Side Panel, despite being 1mm thick like FormD T1, still has a jello-like pop. Here is a video of the problem - .

We can either 1) delay M1EVO by 45 days to fix the mold. 2) launch mid March. Please give us your feedback by voting 1) or 2) by voting on our discord channel.

**Regarding the Aluminum Mesh Panels for M1EVO, we are not able to manufacture it atm because it's thickness to width ratio exceeds current manufacturing capabilities.
Definitely fix it if possible. A lot of us waited long enough to not care about 45 days...

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
How much is the case expected to weigh?
4.5KG
Whats the cpu cooler height? is it similar to the m1 where its ~130mm?
135mm, go for the Thermalright SS135. It's better than the Noctua D12L (145mm in height).

You can buy the SS135 and Noctua D12L fan (A12x25r) together, and this combo still costs less than the D12L in many regions worldwide. You would get better performance and price with this combination.
@Wahaha360 Could we get some update on the dimensions, GPU, CPU heat sink, etc. compatability for those of us who aren't on discord ?
I have been busy with the M1EVO prototypes. I will update the specs when I get some free time. The spec sheet can be lengthy because the combo possibilities make it a long list.

I tried several times to complete it and couldn't. I am going to need an editor to keep it succinct.
I thought everyone was Discord, so i didn't pay as much attention here. So now I know.
What's the release time frame looking like for the O-atx mATX version?

All major updates are posted here as well, no worries.

M1 Evo and O1 mATX are both mATX, M1 Evo and O1 mATX are basically the same case, just with a different front panel.
M1EVO and O1 mATX are the same, just different Front & Rear Panels.

OATX can fit E-ATX mobos. Availability will depend on how much manufacturing capacity we have left beyond FormD T1 and M1EVO.

We will release OATX. Just not sure about the time atm b/c T1 and M1EVO are more popular than we imagined. and OATX looks to be the same as well, so are trying to scale up to demand, but it's not that easy.